Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3589 3590 [3591] 3592 3593 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611359 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #53850 on: October 19, 2020, 03:06:11 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53851 on: October 19, 2020, 03:08:38 PM »

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/521053-poll-biden-leads-trump-by-7-points-nationwide

28% of independents in this poll undecided

That's a  huge chunk - and likely a good portion of LEANS TRUMP in there.

Just keep ignoring the data, Kid.

And you keep ignoring the trends and 2016.

In 2016 Trump wasn’t the incumbent who let 220,000 people die from Covid 19 and allowed the virus to devastate the econ9my.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #53852 on: October 19, 2020, 03:08:54 PM »

So Kelly doesn't fire people for being stupid?  How very Trumpian of him!  LoL.

This occurred BEFORE he was hired.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #53853 on: October 19, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »

If Kelly, son of cops, had ever said anything that would lead voters to think he could endorse that young twit's tweet, then it might make a difference.  But Kelly hasn't, and I think most voters have made up their minds at this point.  This is really small potatoes and I think even McSurly knows that and is just playing the usual games.

Young, STILL EMPLOYED twit.  That's the point.

Cancel culture?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #53854 on: October 19, 2020, 03:14:59 PM »

However, I suspect that most voters can correctly interpret this non-action as compassion for youthful stupidity rather than that Kelly doesn't support cops.  Still hoping the fact that Kelly has cops for parents will somehow register with Mr. Carter as VERY PROBABLY indicative that Kelly is not anti-police.

He may not be

His statements may seem so as he courts voters

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53855 on: October 19, 2020, 03:19:58 PM »

http://youtu.be/koonIzEwZR0

I don’t remember ads like this in 2012...

Also a reminder that when you think of this year’s calendar relative to polls and date, in comparison with 2016, the election then ended on Nov 8. This year it ends on Nov 3. Comparing trajectories, we are five days closer to the wall than we were at the equivalent date last cycle four years ago.

That ought to be a powerful ad.

There's never been a president faced with that kind of backlash before the end of his term in office from his own appointees, since maybe John Tyler. And Tyler was the VP, not the President, when he got elected.

When it is one or two of them, "disgruntled ex-employee" is almost feasible. When you have this many and the president has been insulting them and others all the way along (and still is), then it's him, not them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53857 on: October 19, 2020, 03:29:51 PM »

Billboard outside Pittsburgh spells out the GOP's problem:

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #53858 on: October 19, 2020, 03:35:37 PM »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/food-stamps-federal-judge-blocks-trump-administration-cuts/

Seemingly a just result.  Its just taxpayer cash.

Many of the new recipients will be truly helped - but this doesnt discount the thousands on the program unnecessarily.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #53859 on: October 19, 2020, 03:40:04 PM »

Billboard outside Pittsburgh spells out the GOP's problem:

Their use of out-dated electronics is a problem

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #53860 on: October 19, 2020, 03:40:45 PM »

"People are tired of COVID," the president ranted during the call, according to the New York Times' Maggie Haberman. "People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots, all these idiots who got it wrong… Fauci's a nice guy, he's been here for 500 years."

The president also called Fauci "a disaster" and lamented that he would receive lots of negative press for firing him.

"If I listened to [Fauci], we'd have 500,000 deaths," the president fumed

yep

https://www.alternet.org/2020/10/in-campaign-call-trump-dr-fauci-and-these-idiots-who-keep-talking-about-19/

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #53861 on: October 19, 2020, 03:40:58 PM »

I don't think she comprehends how immoral and greedy and selfish businesses/top execs are, and how much malfeasance and harm they will rain/reign upon the country if permitted.  I want gov't to leave alone individuals as much as possible (there I'm on board with the Libertarians), but regulate business to keep them from being malign actors.

I think a lot of these Ayn Randy folks are lacking much understanding of human nature, or history.   In every instance where predatory capitalism is given free reign,  economic inequality has grown and the environment degraded.   And workers more trampled on.   

As always,  economic systems can view labor as a commodity,  very abstractly,  and not as human beings seeking higher values in life.
PREDATORY CAPITALISM!
Oh my!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53862 on: October 19, 2020, 03:48:21 PM »

RCP continues to play games with their presidential polling. Until today's inclusion of the TIPP numbers, they've not put the new Biden/Trump poll on their national polling list and even that one they excluded the head to head rather than listing both as they formerly did.

So, here is the newest YouGov poll:
https://news.yahoo.com/yahoo-news-you-gov-poll-the-tide-turns-against-trump-as-biden-surges-to-his-largestever-lead-among-likely-voters-175644323.html

Yahoo News/YouGov poll: The tide turns against Trump as Biden surges to his largest-ever lead among likely voters

Huh. I wonder why they don't have it.

Here's Morning Consult's, which RCP simply doesn't carry:
https://morningconsult.com/form/2020-u-s-election-tracker/

2020 U.S. Election Tracker: Biden Leads by 9 Points Nationally, America’s Oldest Voters Have Turned on Trump

oilcan

« Reply #53863 on: October 19, 2020, 03:50:48 PM »

oilcan

« Reply #53864 on: October 19, 2020, 03:54:07 PM »

I don't think she comprehends how immoral and greedy and selfish businesses/top execs are, and how much malfeasance and harm they will rain/reign upon the country if permitted.  I want gov't to leave alone individuals as much as possible (there I'm on board with the Libertarians), but regulate business to keep them from being malign actors.

I think a lot of these Ayn Randy folks are lacking much understanding of human nature, or history.   In every instance where predatory capitalism is given free reign,  economic inequality has grown and the environment degraded.   And workers more trampled on.   

As always,  economic systems can view labor as a commodity,  very abstractly,  and not as human beings seeking higher values in life.
PREDATORY CAPITALISM!
Oh my!

That all you got?   
Pages: 1 ... 3589 3590 [3591] 3592 3593 ... 4288