Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3608 3609 [3610] 3611 3612 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584158 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54135 on: October 21, 2020, 10:34:40 PM »

Good time for an election poll among posters?

Kid and Ward support Trump.

Bambi is irrelevant.

Everybody else who hangs out in this forum is supporting Biden, even those who prefer his approach to immigration.

But sure, I can post that.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #54136 on: October 21, 2020, 10:42:04 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/10/21/mitch-mcconnell-admits-hes-blocking-coronavirus-bill--will-media-finally-stop-blaming-democrats/

The republicans were the bad guys all along.

Speaking of Barzini, Schumer and Senate Democrats going to the mattresses against McConnell, Graham and ACB.

Gonna boycott the markup and deny a quorum.
Epic Fail
Schumer is only trying to bolster his party cred.  Feinstein already cut him a new asshole.
And public opinion favors Barrett and opposes SCOTUS packing.

AOC is already on record saying in any other country “ I would not be in the same party as Biden.”
Schumer may want to remember that.

LOL
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54137 on: October 21, 2020, 10:44:05 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #54138 on: October 21, 2020, 11:39:34 PM »

The Facts Josh does not want to share.  According to NPR:

Death rates among hospitalized COVID-19 patients have declined sharply since the height of the pandemic, according to two peer-reviewed studies cited in a new report.

The decline in deaths were recorded across age groups and among those with pre-existing health conditions, NPR reported. The data indicate doctors may have improved their ability to treat the coronavirus.

One of the studies, which was conducted between March and August, found the death rate among thousands of hospitalized coronavirus patients plummeted by 18 percent, according to the report.

At the start of the pandemic, hospitalized patients had a 25.6 percent chance of dying, compared to the 7.6 percent chance they now face, according to the report.

“We find that the death rate has gone down substantially,” Leora Horwitz, an author of one of the studies, told the news outlet.

In June the Scientists at the CDC observed that reported cases of COVID in the USA  ( about 2 million) were likely 10 times higher.
Extrapolating that into October we find that the “ confirmed cases reported to the media” of 8.3 million should be closer to 83 million  INFECTIONS. ( how could it be less?- the swine flu infected 60 million, and the Flu  affects 40 million each year WITH a vaccine)
In reality then the COVID death rate  moves from 2.6% to .026%

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #54139 on: October 22, 2020, 12:32:58 AM »

Its a good thing the death rate has declined, presumably as doctors and scientists have learned more about the diease and how best to treat it.

As the the next wave seems to be taking off from a higher plateau than establised after the initial peak, and we face the second (or third) wave of the diaease over the next few months, let's pray the the doctors and scientists learn more of this fucking plague and how best to treat and hopefully cure the infected. 

And let's pray that Joe Biden is  elected President and we get a leader who beleives in science and facts, and gives a shit about the health and well-being of the people of this country.

The real plague is the malignant cancer in the WH.

He must be eradicated by any means to end the pain, suffering and death and destruction he brings.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54140 on: October 22, 2020, 01:05:21 AM »

Watching Ward pretend to understand numbers is pretty funny.

Listening to him lie about me would be funny if it weren't so old.

And having him try to pretend that the rate of deaths per day is not increasing would be criminal, if he had any responsibility for others' lives, but I doubt he does.

While he also ignores how many people who don't die continue to suffer, he works to keep his eyes shut to the racism, sexism, and classism of his party and its leaders that has led to so many unnecessary deaths and so much suffering.

What will he have to say? "LOL."

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54141 on: October 22, 2020, 01:07:20 AM »

Listened to a lot of it already

Some pretty good stuff in there.  (segment with Isiah Thomas Jr, for instance)

I think its a huge risk having Obama campaign.  Lets see how it works out.

What is the "huge risk"?

Well, its not his skin this time out, so he could certainly be careless with his mouth.

O wont be able to resist a war of words with Trump, should the Prez choose to do so.

A match he has never met.

"his skin"...never far from your narrow mind, is it?

Obama is pretty much matchless, true.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #54142 on: October 22, 2020, 01:45:22 AM »

And having him try to pretend that the rate of deaths per day is not increasing would be criminal, if he had any responsibility for others' lives, but I doubt he does.

While he also ignores how many people who don't die continue to suffer, he works to keep his eyes shut to the racism, sexism, and classism of his party and its leaders that has led to so many unnecessary deaths and so much suffering.

Funny.
Josh must not know how to ignore.
Another example of his ignorance.
And he is “ our Moderator”
LOL!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54143 on: October 22, 2020, 02:23:35 AM »

http://www.alternet.org/2020/10/a-relativist-dressed-in-originalist-drag-catholic-publication-urges-the-senate-to-reject-amy-coney-barrett-in-a-scathing-editorial/

Exorcisms. Definitely lots of exorcisms. She also may have to be re-confirmed, for the sake of her immortal soul. Renounce the American Petroleum Institute, Private Prisons, Payday Lenders, Eminent Domain, the republican party,  and other instruments of Satan and she might have a chance to avoid eternal perdition.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54144 on: October 22, 2020, 02:31:14 AM »

Red is a tapeworm with a keyboard and not enough cops breathing down his neck.

He’s always quick to provide the invertebrate’s point of view in the nastiest possible terms.

If he weren’t inevitably both wrong and alone in his views, he would be troubling.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #54145 on: October 22, 2020, 05:03:30 AM »

I think a poll of posters should be who do you think will win, not who do you want to win. 

I remember in'16 two days before the election my mother asked me who I thought was going to win.  And I hesitated and said likely Hillary but that it was going to be pretty close.  Those last two weeks introduced a fair amount of doubt.  And indeed to was extremely close.

This election really should be a Dem landslide.  But Biden's lackluster.  There's a good deal of voter suppression and election interference.  Mail-in ballots might be rejected at a high rate.  Covid makes knocking on doors and ensuring turnout tricky.  So there's a lot of weird factors (and dirty tricks) at play.

Und, we still have this final debate and any last-week Trump ploy such as indicting Joe and/or Hunter Biden (unlikely, but wouldn't totally rule it out).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54146 on: October 22, 2020, 06:13:51 AM »

This is pretty important though

“I get that this president wants full credit for the economy he inherited and zero blame for the pandemic he ignored,” Obama said. “But you know what, the job doesn’t work that way. Tweeting at the television doesn’t fix things. Making stuff up doesn’t make people’s lives better.”

A large majority of us get this and realize at least some of what’s at stake, well past the tipping point leading to action.

Biden will have a clear majority of votes in more than enough states to win the share he needs in the electoral college. How they’ll be counted and what happens next I agree is still very much up in the air at the moment.

Wuhan don is all about new lows. As we learned from Rudy and the NYT, Wuhan don doesn’t falsely accuse someone of something unless he very definitely is doing the same vein something much larger and more perversely disgusting.

Money, relationships, work, health, sport, it’s all the same with Wuhan don.

He needs to be isolated and permanently retired from public life.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54148 on: October 22, 2020, 06:48:10 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/21/trump-coverage-media-430982

The actual headline is

“The news media helps Trump avoid the stench of death”

The stench is fucking palpable here.

I’m sure it will all turn around in the debate for the only job loser since Hoover.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 06:50:02 AM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54149 on: October 22, 2020, 06:56:48 AM »

President Obama in Philly: "We know that he continues to do business with China because he’s got a secret Chinese bank account. How is that possible? Can you imagine if I had a secret Chinese bank account when I was running for reelection? You think Fox News might have been a little concerned about that? They would have called me ‘Beijing Barry."

TRUE DAT!!!

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 3608 3609 [3610] 3611 3612 ... 4288