Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3628 3629 [3630] 3631 3632 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601999 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54435 on: October 24, 2020, 06:04:55 PM »

In the top seat?

I wont argue

But I would expect it in my kids lifetime.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-joe-hunter-trump-burisma-business-china-election-trump-new-york-elise-stefanik
Played like a Russian fiddle. Rudy the Masturbating Ghoul was offered the same info directly from Russian backed Ukraine sources months before the same info allegedly turned up on the laptops.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/10/24/hunter-biden-hard-drive-lev-parnas-432108

I'm impressed at your masochism in clicking on two Faux News links in the space of an hour.   

Trump had a pee tape,  now Hunter has a fuck disk.   Rudy has a jackoff cameo.   Tabloids will look back on this era as a Golden Age.   

Why do I get the feeling we won't be hearing much from the FBI?   

barton

« Reply #54436 on: October 24, 2020, 06:16:34 PM »

Say what you want about Lisa Murkowski but as least she used logical reasoning.
I Don’t expect one dem Senator to rise up against sheer partisanship.

I like Murkowski, and had no expectation she would not confirm ACB.   Her opinion on preference to wait after the election was a small pushback against partisanship. 

I think most Republicans sense that a Democratic congress and potus will likely find ways to legislate around a conservative SCOTUS, so this may be the last hunk of red meat they can toss out.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54437 on: October 24, 2020, 06:26:04 PM »

The mock justice, ACB, didn’t legally make it out of committee. Today’s charade is further diluting the conformation process which confers a justice his or her legitimacy.

Roberts’ best move is not to seat her unless she is renominated and reconfirmed by whatever government emerges from this election.

Moscow Mitch has put Chief Justice Roberts in a terrible position.

Now he’s there, Roberts must aide with the nation and the Court over a party that killed itself four years ago though it’s only finally clearly starting run out of blood and guts as it’s now staggering to the ground.

If the Supreme Court protects itself and does the right thing in rejecting her, running Amy Coney Barrett off the 7th Circuit is still a worthy project that would be highly beneficial to justice in America.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #54438 on: October 24, 2020, 06:34:04 PM »

Murkowski is just keeping her options open to potentially ignore a SC nomination, in the event that a future Dem president nominates a SC justice wthin 2 years of Congressional elections or 4 years of a presidential elections.

She is clearly a politician of deeply held convictions.

As long as she doesn't have to hold them too long or they piss off Mitch.

Plus she wanted an invite to Trump's  3rd Reich themed Halloween party (masks not requiredl)

Fuck her

barton

« Reply #54439 on: October 24, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »

The mock justice, ACB, didn’t legally make it out of committee. Today’s charade is further diluting the conformation process which confers a justice his or her legitimacy.

Roberts’ best move is not to seat her unless she is renominated and reconfirmed by whatever government emerges from this election.

That would be a cool move,  but I can't see how a moderate like Roberts would see any real grounds to reject her confirmation, unless something procedurally bizarre happens on Monday.   

barton

« Reply #54440 on: October 24, 2020, 06:43:15 PM »

Murkowski is just keeping her options open to potentially ignore a SC nomination, in the event that a future Dem president nominates a SC justice wthin 2 years of Congressional elections or 4 years of a presidential elections.

Hah!  To borrow a Biden ism:  Come on,  man!  

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54441 on: October 24, 2020, 06:47:00 PM »

Now that I have seen the billboards in question, if I am Jared and Ivanka, I am most definitely suing!

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1319294071513346053

I would be suing my lawyers for malpractice for having advised them to send that letter, if it was the lawyer's advice.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #54442 on: October 24, 2020, 06:47:38 PM »

The mock justice, ACB, didn’t legally make it out of committee.

But, of course, she did.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 06:51:16 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #54443 on: October 24, 2020, 06:52:37 PM »

Hah!  To borrow a Biden ism:  Come on,  man!

I may have used some hyperbole BUT

McConnell has created the template and poisoned politics that only a matched pair Pres-Senate gets nominations through.

Its insidious and will eat away at the ability of otherwise reasonable people to be reasonable.

She could have stood for principle, and what every American knows is the bigger "right", and do the decent thing, even if it was unpopular in Alaska, but its explainable and most rational people can understand the principle.

Children could accept the principle and concept

But she couldn't hold the principle and bent to the hypocrisy of a wholly corrupt party.

So DOUBLE FUCK her as she posed as a voice of reason and decency, but when push came to vote, it was too uncomfrotable for her to be decent.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54444 on: October 24, 2020, 07:20:42 PM »

But, of course, she did.

As a child you were constantly smacked around by parents trying to get you under control, including occasionally your own parents. Out of pity for you I won’t vote for the guy who’ll cut off the Medicaid and Social Security benefits you depend on by 2023.

In fact, my vote is already in for the other guy.

As for bleeding Mitch’s misguided maneuvers to save lagging Lindsey’s misfire, no one thinks you have the capacity to follow a legislative committee session, much less render a verdict on what occurred there.

Another republican grope falls flat.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #54445 on: October 24, 2020, 07:27:21 PM »

We need a new verb,  for that "double fuck 'em" disappointment one feels when someone acts principled and morally grounded and reasonable and then caves to the worst kind of peer pressure.   I'm looking at either:

to sasse

(or)

to romnify

(but there may be others)

suecollinize?   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54446 on: October 24, 2020, 07:28:10 PM »

But, of course, she did.

I found where you get your news, you sweet adorable feckless idiot.

http://youtu.be/1SoJI_KNV0Q

Shame on you.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #54447 on: October 24, 2020, 07:29:47 PM »

80,000+ new cases in America today.
Biden says he will introduce stricter laws/rules re mask wearing.
Laws/rules enforceable in all states?

Wonder what he would do with the people who say "NO"?
There will be plenty of them.

Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54448 on: October 24, 2020, 07:32:08 PM »

80,000+ new cases in America today.
Biden says he will introduce stricter laws/rules re mask wearing.
Laws/rules enforceable in all states?

Wonder what he would do with the people who say "NO"?
There will be plenty of them.

A declining number.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54449 on: October 24, 2020, 07:50:44 PM »

75-80% COVID deaths could have been prevented by using HCQ

- OAN report out of California

Doctor has cured 1700 patients - with ZERO deaths

Says more people die from taking Tylenol than hydroxychloroquine.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 08:08:26 PM by kiidcarter8 »
Pages: 1 ... 3628 3629 [3630] 3631 3632 ... 4288