Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3630 3631 [3632] 3633 3634 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1596510 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54465 on: October 24, 2020, 08:43:06 PM »

Who cares.   Not clicking on that garbage.   

of course you're not

You don't seem to grasp what OANN is.   Or why reputable journalists condemn the network.   It's really sad,  just as it's sad that millions are taken in by the QAnon nonsense,  or Russian disinformation campaigns,  or mistake opinions from tv soapboxes for facts.   You give more credit to some partisan hack ophthalmologist than the editorial board of Lancet or the NEJM or 99% of professionals trained in the fields of immunology or epidemiology or virology or public health.   That's culpable and willful stupidity.   In peddling lies and deceptive half truths,  you are a danger to anyone impressionable you come in contact with.   Go to hell.   Then rot there.   

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #54466 on: October 24, 2020, 08:44:14 PM »

Compton is going to start giving people free money, and I think that it would be better to create honest jobs for the people so they can work and earn their money honestly. Chevrolet can build a Corvette factory in Compton and they can build electric Corvettes, and the workers can earn $30 per hour honestly by working in the Corvette factory. They can have a union, and everyone can be paid fair and everyone can be treated well. Or they can build high speed rail cars for when we build our high speed trains. Or something. People can see what the world needs and they can manufacture whatever is needed in Compton. They need factories instead of free money.

Link...

https://www.foxla.com/news/compton-residents-to-get-guaranteed-income-for-2-years-in-new-pilot-program

In Anaheim we have Disneyland, and tourism creates over 160,000 jobs in Orange County. Before that we had Sunkist growing oranges, and we had people growing strawberries, etc. We also have several great schools in the area, we have Fullerton Community College, and we have Cal State Fullerton, and we have Chapman University. We also have UC Irvine. We have a good economy in Anaheim, and it will get better. We also have the Angels Baseball team, and the Anaheim Ducks hockey team, etc. Anaheim needs to build a film and television studio, etc, but Anaheim has a lot going on.

Compton has USC close by, graduates of USC can create jobs in Compton, etc, there is a lot that they can do.
We need to create an environment of unlimited opportunities to succeed, instead of just giving everyone free money.

And of course we need to help the poor and the needy, we need homeless shelters, and Wellness Centers, etc. We also need to help the foster children, and the children without fathers. Etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54467 on: October 24, 2020, 08:45:30 PM »

Let us know if you decide to use a news agency instead of a fantasy publisher, Kid.

Close your mind to that which is not to your liking.  Stay in that lane now.  Victory may be close.

What WILL you do if it isnt?

Trump could win by a dozen points and 10s of electoral votes, Kid, and it would not change what OAN is - fantasy, not real.

"One America News Network (OANN), also known as One America News (OAN), is a far-right, pro-Donald Trump cable channel founded by Robert Herring Sr. and owned by Herring Networks, Inc., launched on July 4, 2013. ... The channel is prominent for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories."

One America News Network (OANN), also known as One America News (OAN), is a far-right, pro-Donald Trump cable channel founded by Robert Herring Sr. and owned by Herring Networks, Inc., launched on July 4, 2013. ... The channel is prominent for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories.

And those are the polite entries.

But you've never actually watched it. correct?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54468 on: October 24, 2020, 08:46:29 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #54469 on: October 24, 2020, 08:47:10 PM »

I look forward to OAN's expose on

Area 51: The top-secret Aliens who crossed our borders,

The Moon Landing-A Stanley Kubrick Production,

Dinosaurs-Dem Bones ain't real! A Kennedy financed hoax!

America needs the truth and we must be open to truth no matter the messenger!

but

Only A Nut believes their shit

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #54470 on: October 24, 2020, 08:47:29 PM »

Let us know if you decide to use a news agency instead of a fantasy publisher, Kid.

Close your mind to that which is not to your liking.  Stay in that lane now.  Victory may be close.

Trump could win by a dozen points and 10s of electoral votes, Kid, and it would not change what OAN is - fantasy, not real.

"One America News Network (OANN), also known as One America News (OAN), is a far-right, pro-Donald Trump cable channel founded by Robert Herring Sr. and owned by Herring Networks, Inc., launched on July 4, 2013. ... The channel is prominent for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories."

One America News Network (OANN), also known as One America News (OAN), is a far-right, pro-Donald Trump cable channel founded by Robert Herring Sr. and owned by Herring Networks, Inc., launched on July 4, 2013. ... The channel is prominent for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories.

I have.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54471 on: October 24, 2020, 08:47:43 PM »

Barton, I posted a link a page or so back that deals with this cultism nicely. It’s short and sharp and Kiid is wriggling on it.

From the Star-Ledger to Fox to OAnn, where will reality force Fragile Kiid to flee to next?

This is fascinating.

While Kiid further unwinds, here’s a very interesting interview on the conflicts within concervativism from about 200 years ago, when it started, and today

http://www.salon.com/2020/10/24/how-the-conservative-movement-and-the-rise-of-the-hard-right-created-you-know-who/
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54472 on: October 24, 2020, 08:57:28 PM »

Wrongo.

I don't need to have watched it to know how bad it is, but I do in order to be able to do my job right for the class I teach. I doubt you watch or read every news site I do, but I am pretty confidence there is no such site that you read or watch that I have not.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:08:49 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54473 on: October 24, 2020, 09:00:12 PM »

heh     lol

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54474 on: October 24, 2020, 09:00:40 PM »

heh     lol

Typical meaningful response.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

oilcan

« Reply #54475 on: October 24, 2020, 09:06:19 PM »

I doubt you watch or read everywhere I do, but I am pretty confidence there is nowhere that you read or watch that I have not.

So you've been to the English Schoolgirls Spank Fantasy Forum,  too,  then.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54476 on: October 24, 2020, 09:07:38 PM »

https://twitter.com/alexoimas/status/1320079972116107264

One early voter's experience.

It's ugly.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54477 on: October 24, 2020, 09:08:38 PM »

I doubt you watch or read everywhere I do, but I am pretty confidence there is nowhere that you read or watch that I have not.

They have a sub-forum with some of the best egg-nog recipes.

I have watched Kiid’s new garbage network. I write comedy. It means keeping tabs on what is and isn’t currently far-fetched. They run unconvincing hot-trash as their programming. They’re really hoping they can move the window into deeper and stinkier levels of bullshit.

Kiid threw of his clothes and dived right in. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54478 on: October 24, 2020, 09:09:11 PM »

snort!

Edited.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54479 on: October 24, 2020, 09:10:57 PM »

snort!

Edited.

Good hedge, Josh. Go where you need to go, but follow Kiid nowhere.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3630 3631 [3632] 3633 3634 ... 4288