Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3633 3634 [3635] 3636 3637 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584989 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54510 on: October 25, 2020, 08:05:50 AM »

When I managed the Canine Country Club dog kennel, I wanted to open Canine Country Club kennels all around the world, like McDonald's restaurants. I was going to be rich. I worked so hard for nothing.

https://www.caninecountryclub.us/rates

Salute,

Tony V.

Sounds like a good gig. What happened?

The boss gave the kennel to his step-son, so I quit. He promised to sell the kennel to me, but he turned around and gave the kennel to his step-son.

Salute,

Tony V.

I could run a successful kennel anywhere in the world, in Anaheim, in Las Vegas, in Malibu, in Rome, Italy, anywhere in the world.

Salute,

Tony V.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54511 on: October 25, 2020, 08:17:45 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54512 on: October 25, 2020, 09:27:21 AM »

To preempt the oann consumers

http://www.vox.com/21531764/economy-recovery-gdp-growth

Okay, I'm pretty confused.

According to their estimates, real GDP rebounded about 5 percent in May and 6 percent in June. After that, though, monthly growth slowed sharply, to about 1.5 percent in July and about 0.5 percent in August. If their estimates prove accurate, a 33 percent GDP growth rate for the third quarter would be consistent with essentially no growth in the month of September.

So, I get that 5% recovery in a month would be 60% annualized and that the May, June, and July increases work out to almost 13% and therefore would be almost 52% annualized. But if we are discussing 3rd Quarter, then it starts with the 1.5, gets 0.5 in August, how does no growth in Sept. equal 33% annualized?!

Sept. would have had to have grown at roughly 5.4% to make those three months combine to ~7.5%, which is what I am pretty sure you would have to see to have annualized growth of 30%. (Or 4.16% to get to 6.25% for the quarter, to get to 25% for the year.)

I can do math. I can read a GDP chart (or two or three). And the monthly GDP increases don't show me where that 25-30% figure is coming from. Nor do the figures in the paragraph from the Vox article.

What am I doing wrong?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54513 on: October 25, 2020, 09:31:27 AM »

Not only has hydroxychloraquine been proven ineffective, but it actually interferes with remdesivir,
whose effectiveness is still somewhat uncertain but is the only medicine FDA approved for Covid treatement.

As I have said all along - doctors used - and still use - what is available rather than just let people die

FDA blanket approval is always nice - and sure - in time we have seen REMDESIVIR might be better than HCQ.  But it wasn't/often isn't available.

Which still doesn't address the untested, let alone unproven, claims of the doctor whose work you are praising without caveat from a purveyor of bullshit that you won't acknowledge.

"You haven't watched it" is not a defense of it. It is not an admission that OAN is full of shit. It's just an "Oh, yeah?!" with no substance to it.

So, Kid...

Do you believe the report you shared or, as is often the case, were you just being inflammatory?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54514 on: October 25, 2020, 09:34:26 AM »

Holy McSally!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kelly-deny-arizona-senate-adolf-hitler-photo

You're excited at the news that some right-wing nut job fabricated a false attack on a Democratic candidate for the Senate?!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54515 on: October 25, 2020, 09:43:39 AM »

Gee, Kid hasn't come in to tell us the latest IBD/TIPP poll results! How surprising. (Not!)

https://www.investors.com/news/trump-vs-biden-poll-favors-democrat-after-debate-ibd-tipp-presidential-poll/

Biden's lead is 6.4% in the four-way, up from 2.3% last Tuesday or 4.6% yesterday.

Biden's lead is 5.6% in the two-way, up from 1.8% on Wednesday or 3.9% yesterday.[/size]

Today, Biden's lead in 7.2% in the four-way and 6.8% in the two-way on the IBD/TIPP poll (even if RCP misreports the latter as 6% for unmentioned reasons).

Also... that Biden's individual support goes up from 51.3% in the two-way to 51.6% in the four-way is just absurd.

And... RCP has another poll which reports a 10.67% lead, but which they show as 10%, not 11%. The two fudged numbers would only change the lead from RCP's claimed 8% to a whopping 8.2%, but still. Their continued placing of a thumb lightly on the scales to favor their candidate is offensive.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 09:49:36 AM by josh »

barton

« Reply #54516 on: October 25, 2020, 09:46:35 AM »

Barton, I posted a link a page or so back that deals with this cultism nicely. It’s short and sharp and Kiid is wriggling on it.

Good link,  thanks.   Am about halfway through the interview.   I like the observation about  a historical ruling class that, when it ruled comfortably, didn't really need a philosophy, so had to go searching for one.   A lot of people now,  who are poor or struggling, distrust philosophy -- it sounds to them like another way some elite can justify holding power.   (will keep reading)

barton

« Reply #54517 on: October 25, 2020, 10:00:41 AM »

We need a new verb,  for that "double fuck 'em" disappointment one feels when someone acts principled and morally grounded and reasonable and then caves to the worst kind of peer pressure.   I'm looking at either:

to sasse

(or)

to romnify

(but there may be others)

suecollinize?

Flakeout?

barton

« Reply #54518 on: October 25, 2020, 10:23:39 AM »

Holy McSally!

Though this appears fabricated,  one could ask:  if someone in their youth dresses up for HALLOWEEN  as a horrible person,  does that indicate some sort of endorsement of that person?   I think a six year old could parse this. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #54519 on: October 25, 2020, 10:36:19 AM »

Holy McSally!

If you read the article kid posted (and I understand why one wouldn't) it debunks kid's inference that it is damning of the Dem candidate in Ariz 

And you find this.

"I attended the Merchant Marine Academy with Mark. I attended this event. This is not Mark in any of these photos," said class of 1986 alum Jennifer Boykin.

"I attended this event as well and am in this photo," fellow classmate Ed McDonald added. "This is a group from 2nd Company. Mark was not in 2nd Company, and that is not him in these photos."

Kelly's roommate Mark Baden also denied the veracity of National File's assertions.

"I was the First Rotation Regimental Commander," he said. "These photos are absolutely not Mark Kelly and anyone saying that is lying

Paul Sturm, who was Mark Kelly's classmate for four years at the academy and lived in the same dorm, concurred. "I can unequivocally say that Mark is not in the yearbook photo of my costumed classmates," he said.

This appears to be an intentionally false smear orchestrated by Republican party to elect one of their own.

And as most of us know now, there is nothing holy about the lying party of the damned.

Holy shit kid-try telling the truth.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54520 on: October 25, 2020, 10:37:05 AM »

Holy McSally!

Though this appears fabricated,  one could ask:  if someone in their youth dresses up for HALLOWEEN  as a horrible person,  does that indicate some sort of endorsement of that person?   I think a six year old could parse this.

"If it hurts his campaign, then of course it does!"

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54521 on: October 25, 2020, 10:42:28 AM »

Biden flip flop on fracking

"Joe needs Texas, Arizona, Ohio and Pennsylvania."

Reason to go back on his fracking comments, I guess.  But 3 of those 4 states, possibly all 4 are pretty much decided

Joe may as well just go with the lefties, gives him the best shot.  People don't like confusion.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #54522 on: October 25, 2020, 10:49:21 AM »

I'm worried about PA because of the fracking issue.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54523 on: October 25, 2020, 11:01:37 AM »

I'm worried about PA because of the fracking issue.

I would have been, except the fracking industry there is a lot smaller than it was and, as the saying goes, those jobs aren't coming back.

Also...

Mark Meadows on CNN: “We are not going to get control of the pandemic.”

I think more people are upset with Trump's response on COVID-19 in the debate than Biden's on oil - including in PA.

But just for counting purposes, if Biden takes Arizona plus either ME-2 or NE 2, but loses PA, he still wins. And his FL numbers look pretty good at the moment.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54524 on: October 25, 2020, 11:18:18 AM »

Reporter to Trump:. Why did you call Joe Biden a criminal?

Trump:. He IS a criminal.  You know who else is a criminal?  YOU are, for not reporting it.

Heh.    Lol.
Pages: 1 ... 3633 3634 [3635] 3636 3637 ... 4288