Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3642 3643 [3644] 3645 3646 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584605 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54645 on: October 26, 2020, 03:35:03 PM »

Was +7 all day

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54646 on: October 26, 2020, 03:37:47 PM »

Republicans take Senate lead - 46-45, with 9 tossups.

This is up from 46-47, 7 tossup less than a week ago.

Newest state to tossups status is - as I projected - ARIZONA

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/senate/2020_elections_senate_map.html

I suspect FOUR of these races are pretty much locked up as Republican.

Montana, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.

Thus Republicans would need just 1 of the other 5 to keep control.

I suspect it will be 52-48.  Wouldn't be surprised at 51.  Not 53 Republican victories

Most worrisome are Maine, which seems to stay steady vs Collins - and Michigan, where James likely doesn't have enough to top the pro governor masses.

1) That's FIVE races, not four, Kid. Learn to count.

What ever do you mean?

Montana, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina = 5 races, not 4.

Are you slow or what?!

No.  It's 4.  Look at the tossups on the chart.

Loeffler isn't a tossup.

Depends on the chart, Kid.

https://www.270towin.com/2020-senate-election/ - Perdue is and Loeffler isn't. Tillis is. And the count is 49 Dems, 47 GOP.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/senate/ - Perdue is 70% likely to win. Loeffler is likely to finish either 2nd or 3rd.

There are more models on Heaven and Earth than are understood in your philosophy, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54647 on: October 26, 2020, 03:39:35 PM »

I told you already - Hunter Biden is a non issue for me

Pay attention

The issue is the fact that you fail to confront willful lying on the part of YOUR candidate.

Sad.

I haven't commented one way or the other on what you view as Trump's lies.

That's what he said.

And it is not just what he perceives or what I perceive.

Trump lies, regularly.

And you refuse to admit it, let alone confront it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54648 on: October 26, 2020, 03:43:04 PM »

Was +7 all day

No, but whatever, Troll.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54649 on: October 26, 2020, 03:54:38 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54650 on: October 26, 2020, 03:59:21 PM »

Republicans take Senate lead - 46-45, with 9 tossups.

This is up from 46-47, 7 tossup less than a week ago.

Newest state to tossups status is - as I projected - ARIZONA

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/senate/2020_elections_senate_map.html

I suspect FOUR of these races are pretty much locked up as Republican.

Montana, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.

Thus Republicans would need just 1 of the other 5 to keep control.

I suspect it will be 52-48.  Wouldn't be surprised at 51.  Not 53 Republican victories

Most worrisome are Maine, which seems to stay steady vs Collins - and Michigan, where James likely doesn't have enough to top the pro governor masses.

1) That's FIVE races, not four, Kid. Learn to count.

What ever do you mean?

Montana, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina = 5 races, not 4.

Are you slow or what?!

No.  It's 4.  Look at the tossups on the chart.

Loeffler isn't a tossup.

Depends on the chart, Kid.

https://www.270towin.com/2020-senate-election/ - Perdue is and Loeffler isn't. Tillis is. And the count is 49 Dems, 47 GOP.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/senate/ - Perdue is 70% likely to win. Loeffler is likely to finish either 2nd or 3rd.

There are more models on Heaven and Earth than are understood in your philosophy, Kid.

heh

Leoffler isnt what?  That race will be a blowout, whether it be Collins or Loeffler.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54651 on: October 26, 2020, 04:03:37 PM »

I gave you Collins. Thats your 48th.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #54652 on: October 26, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »

We've turned the corner and the virus is coming at us full speed.
Or
We've turned the corner and walked directly into a big sneeze cloud.

All the early voting is highly encouraging as it occurred while Trump was stumbling and having one bad week after another.  And from Borat to Pence's people getting infected, the news hasn't got nay better for Trump.  Anything that keeps CV-20 in the news is bad for Trump.  And the increasing infections throughout the country -- the Midwest getting hit hard now can't be good for Trump -- plus the Pence outbreak just drag trump down the drain further.

As for the Hunter Biden laptop, I recall Rudy back in June or July saying that there were materials on Hunter Biden and it would come out and damage/bring down Joe Biden.  Word going around is that Hunter's laptop was "compromised" on a trip to Kazakhstan with a Burisma exec.  Whether they just electronically scooped up its contents or stole into his hotel room, swiped and copied it is unclear.  But there's been talk for years (decades now?) that as soon as foreigners step into Russia hackers try to break into their devices.  When I transit through Moscow, I don't even connect my phone to the free airport wifi, assuming it is massively unsafe.

The story about some semi-blind computer repairman (how does he repair computers?) in Delaware seems to be some lame attempt to legitimatize stolen/hacked info.    Rudy keep saying who cares where the info came from as long as it's true.  But after it's passed through the hands of Russian/ex-Russian agents, who knows what is/isn't real on that hard drive.  Rudy certainly doesn't.  But who wants to reward and encourage foreign actors and govt's from interfering in US elections?  Need to discourage such practices by not promoting illegally obtained and possibly altered/false info.  Stop/limit such future foreign interference.

My advice: you want to do business in dodgy countries, you buy a portable device, transfer the data/info you need on to it, and use just that for such trips.  Don't have personal ish and bank account and other financial stuff, or important/secret business info.  Just what you need for that trip/deal.

Disabled people can do very surprising things.

Semi blind, the computer repairman would likely have a bank of microscopes, bright lights, magnifying glasses, heightened hearing.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #54653 on: October 26, 2020, 04:18:59 PM »

Trump vs the virus - Biden along for the ride

Keep rooting for death, folks.

Clue - the masses want the country open.

And so new cases soar.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54654 on: October 26, 2020, 04:27:31 PM »

Trump & the virus vs Biden & America.

No one is joining you in your death cult no matter how much it would help your cause.

Trump got his claws into fox news

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/26/1989753/-While-Trump-Whines-Media-is-All-COVID-COVID-COVID-Fox-News-Gets-Hit-Hard
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Loathsome kid, at it again.
« Reply #54655 on: October 26, 2020, 05:02:30 PM »

No one here "roots for death". You support death and destruction and disdain for America, when you support Trump.

Loathsome.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #54656 on: October 26, 2020, 05:04:17 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle/lifestylebuzz/prince-harry-on-fighting-racism-how-meghan-opened-his-eyes-ignorance-is-no-longer-an-excuse/ar-BB1aoKCQ?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

Prince Harry on fighting racism, how Meghan opened his eyes: 'Ignorance is no longer an excuse'

Prince Harry is urging others to take an active role in fighting racism.

The 36-year-old royal, now living in California with his wife, Meghan, and young son, Archie (who Harry said is keeping his parents "very busy, but he's making us laugh every day"), spoke with author and activist Patrick Hutchinson for British GQ in an interview published Monday, during which the Duke of Sussex highlighted the need for others to educate themselves about how to be an anti-racist.

#####

Lovely.
When will the White guy who was sacked from his NBA commentating job in America for saying "All lives matter" be reinstated?

White people should fight racism/racial discrimination against them at every turn.
There has been too much turning a blind eye to it, so today it's rampant.
Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54657 on: October 26, 2020, 05:07:02 PM »

Wonder what the GOP paid him?

Worldy Armand, a 39-year-old Boston resident, was taken into custody late Sunday, hours after he started a fire inside a drop box outside the Boston Public Library in the city's Back Bay neighborhood, authorities said. The box contained more than 120 ballots.

https://news.yahoo.com/man-charged-burning-ballot-drop-164300524.html

A "Wordly" sum?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #54658 on: October 26, 2020, 05:12:14 PM »

And so new cases soar.

And what else?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #54659 on: October 26, 2020, 05:17:52 PM »

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas will swear in Amy Coney Barrett in a White House ceremony as soon as she is confirmed in the Senate vote Monday
'Justice Clarence Thomas will administer the official Constitutional Oath to Judge Amy Coney Barrett at the White House tonight'
The event has a 'large' guest list, a source claimed, while Trump and his aides attempt to paint the South Lawn event as anything but another superspreader
Vice President Mike Pence will not go to the Capitol for the vote Monday evening five of his aides contracted coronavirus, including his chief of staff
'Pence is campaigning in Minnesota today. The VP is not planning to be at the Senate tonight unless his vote is needed,' an aide to the VP said
The Republican-majority Senate is expected to easily confirm Barrett, a 7th Circuit appellate judge, without needing Pence's tie-breaking vote
The White House is planning a Rose Garden celebration of her confirmation with Thomas administering the oath
It sounds eerily similar to the 'superspreader' event announcing Barrett's nomination last month that sparked a White House coronavirus outbreak

So, she gets sworn in, she and Thomas get sick and both die.  Trump challenges the results of the election because of Georgia. The SCOTUS refuses to take the case, then relents and takes it. Chief Justice Roberts casts the deciding vote.

Biden wins.

Prepare for the new Confederate States of America.
Pages: 1 ... 3642 3643 [3644] 3645 3646 ... 4288