Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3663 3664 [3665] 3666 3667 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1877072 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #54960 on: October 28, 2020, 04:11:44 PM »

This is a cult and we’re witnessing a slow motion Jonestown

https://twitter.com/marshablackburn/status/1313273763568455687?s=21

Who goes to an outdoor rally at night in sub freezing weather?
Folks in thrall to a charismatic leader.

Who holds an outdoor rally at night in subfreezing weather without working out the logistics? Leaders who don’t give a fuck about the followers except when they’re expressing their devotion.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #54961 on: October 28, 2020, 04:34:50 PM »

This is a cult and we’re witnessing a slow motion Jonestown

https://twitter.com/marshablackburn/status/1313273763568455687?s=21

Who goes to an outdoor rally at night in sub freezing weather?
Folks in thrall to a charismatic leader.

Also... Dakotans.   We're all pretty much crazy up here.    I will make a product plug:  Wigwam brand wool-blend socks.  67% merino wool.   If you find yourself up in these parts,  know this:  the key to enduring outside at night is what you wear on feet and calves.   Your legs function as a secondary blood pump to your heart,  so you don't want the blood that goes down there to be chilled when it circulates back up into your torso.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54962 on: October 28, 2020, 04:57:49 PM »

Today we've approached "market correction" territory, down almost 10% from the high from last month of 29,100.

Will we bounce back before November 3rd or will we drop further?

Bets?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54963 on: October 28, 2020, 04:58:46 PM »

Who will win the election?!

Biden, announced before November 4th is over
- 2 (25%)
Biden, announced between Nov 5th and November 12th
- 2 (25%)
Biden, announced after November 12th
- 2 (25%)
Thrown to the House
- 0 (0%)
Trump, announced after November 12th
- 1 (12.5%)
Trump, announced between Nov 5th and November 12th
- 1 (12.5%)
Trump, announced before November 4th is over
- 0 (0%)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #54964 on: October 28, 2020, 05:00:01 PM »

Like the American lady on my tv preparing to the new civil war...if you're stocked up on food and water, you can exist off grid for quite a while.
Too late when the panic buying starts...I discovered that in the current pandemic.
 Men were climbing over women to get the last of the toilet paper.
Women were in fist fights over groceries and toilet paper.
I still have plastic storage tubs of cereal, tinned soup, toilet paper, long life milk, pasta etc and I'm going to replace them as I use them.
Bottled water the same.
The next pandemic "is" just around the corner.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54965 on: October 28, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »

Nice thing about NJ Election is that you can follow your ballot status.

Just checked mine:

Ballot issued date
09/18/2020

Ballot received date
10/22/2020

Ballot status
Received

Of course, what it doesn't tell you is if the ballot was counted.

Still, there is some peace of mind knowing that I did what I could do to help make the USA a better place for everyone.

If you live in NJ, and you are interested in tracking your vote, this is where you go to do so: https://nj.gov/state/elections/vote.shtml
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #54966 on: October 28, 2020, 05:28:35 PM »

Like the American lady on my tv preparing to the new civil war...if you're stocked up on food and water, you can exist off grid for quite a while.
Too late when the panic buying starts...I discovered that in the current pandemic.
I still have plastic storage tubs of cereal, tinned soup, toilet paper, long life milk, pasta etc and I'm going to replace them as I use them.
Bottled water the same.

I never worried about running out of toilet paper because I have Atlas Shrugged and the Fountainhead in hardcover.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54967 on: October 28, 2020, 05:33:33 PM »

Bottled water the same.

I never worried about running out of toilet paper because I have Atlas Shrugged and the Fountainhead in hardcover.

I can get you copies of  Frommer's Australia, too, if you want.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54968 on: October 28, 2020, 05:44:27 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54969 on: October 28, 2020, 06:02:14 PM »

Bottled water the same.

I generally stick to paperbacks, but when they finish publishing the trump mob’s WhatsApp transcripts I’ll order that in hardcover. The Jared section seems like particularly excellent literature from the proofs.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54971 on: October 28, 2020, 06:08:08 PM »

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/lev-parnas-associate-looks-prepared-to-change-his-plea-in-straw-donor-case

I wonder what he is buying a reduced sentence with, in exchange for his change of plea to guilty!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #54972 on: October 28, 2020, 06:10:40 PM »

The hypothermia explains the Covid. That’s the Comey letter this cycle defining the direction of the late break.

Not worth dying to support the lousy faithless cheat.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #54973 on: October 28, 2020, 06:46:42 PM »

Bets?

Affirmative Action as a policy will be given to a long awaited death penalty now that Barrett is on SCOTUS.
And the biggest beneficiaries will be blacks.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54974 on: October 28, 2020, 06:47:46 PM »

I am considering dropping this site after the election.

Anybody interested in taking on the moderator position if/when I go?

If so, drop me a PM letting me know why you'd want that joy-inducing power. Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 3663 3664 [3665] 3666 3667 ... 4288