Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3682 3683 [3684] 3685 3686 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2005951 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55245 on: October 30, 2020, 03:04:23 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-teacher-george-floyd-riots

Police vehicles in flames - as are these lives

Respected teacher.  Sad as hell.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55246 on: October 30, 2020, 03:04:39 PM »

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/10/29/miami-voter-turnout-democrats-433643

Miami says the pre-election turnout is way too low among Dems.

Allow me to summarize -- for the next few days,  we will be seeing news stories that can scare the living shit out of us (those who want the corrupt autocracy to end).   

Make PR a state.   Then sell Florida to Denmark.   Save buying all new flags with an extra star sewn on.

Make DC and PR states. Leave the flag the way it is by giving WVA back to VA and making one Dakota.
Still one too many.

Sell Florida to Denmark!

H/t Barton
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55247 on: October 30, 2020, 03:07:57 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/29/1990646/-The-war-on-masks-is-all-about-feeding-the-delusion-of-herd-immunity

It may be delusional but By the time the majority reaches ‘herd immunity’ how many millions will have dies and who will bear the brunt of those deaths?

Still think my choice of words was pure hyperbole?

Your point could have been made differently. It's irresponsible hyperbole. You just can't be bothered to consider that your comment was insensitive to others. Now, you're doubling down.  So be it. But please spare the complaints when others take a similar tack.

Oh please.

You of ALL people, Remus.

Only YOU can be a victim of prejudice. How could we forget?

Putz.

Who is claiming victimhood?

You’re doing all this moralizing when you spent years as Utley being a fucking jerk.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55248 on: October 30, 2020, 03:12:49 PM »

Larry, the same applies to the problems Steven Miller is having with not being white.

And Jay Sekulow and Jared Kushner.

These motherfuckers see this pandemic as a final solution of sorts.

Poor choice of words, Larry. Reflects the prejudice towards Jews that is found so often in the black community.

It wasn’t a poor choice of words. It was a deliberate statement.

Thanks for confirming your status.  Now we know .

Nah, you know shit.

I know if not for the Jews you're still picking cotton, dumbfuck.

Oh, there’s the real Utley.

Fuck you.

Exposing the Real Larry... professional victim, list, and extreme hypocrite.

Save your fuck yous for the mirror. You hate to admit how it was news who empowered the civil rights movements, and still do.

So, no. Fuck you.

Well, you love calling me a liar so try this one on for size.

Your favorite black anti-Semite in this forum is a member of the tribe.

BTW

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/12/11/how-historically-black-colleges-helped-rescue-jewish-refugees/

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55249 on: October 30, 2020, 03:15:49 PM »

Better start a new page, Josh.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55250 on: October 30, 2020, 03:16:22 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #55251 on: October 30, 2020, 03:29:36 PM »

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/10/29/miami-voter-turnout-democrats-433643

Miami says the pre-election turnout is way too low among Dems.

Allow me to summarize -- for the next few days,  we will be seeing news stories that can scare the living shit out of us (those who want the corrupt autocracy to end).   

Make PR a state.   Then sell Florida to Denmark.   Save buying all new flags with an extra star sewn on.

Make DC and PR states. Leave the flag the way it is by giving WVA back to VA and making one Dakota.
Still one too many.

Ha!   If the electricity goes off here in the summer,  you can just open the windows and move some air.   Not sure that would work in the Phoenix area. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55252 on: October 30, 2020, 03:43:16 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/29/1990646/-The-war-on-masks-is-all-about-feeding-the-delusion-of-herd-immunity

It may be delusional but By the time the majority reaches ‘herd immunity’ how many millions will have dies and who will bear the brunt of those deaths?

Your point could have been made differently. It's irresponsible hyperbole. You just can't be bothered to consider that your comment was insensitive to others. Now, you're doubling down.  So be it. But please spare the complaints when others take a similar tack.

Oh please.

Putz.

You’re doing all this moralizing when you spent years as Utley being a fucking jerk.

Larry, you fucked up and you know it. The fact that you can't admit it compounds the fuck-up. That fact that you have doubled, tripled, and quadruple-downed on your idiocy indicates a willful disregard for truth.

What I said was true. The Jews gave the civil rights movement what it needed to succeed. Once the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed the blacks decided after MLK's death that they didn't need the Jews anymore. They decided they'd do everything on their own and didn't need the assistance of others to garner more success. Kicking the Jews to the side was a big mistake, and the movement has suffered ever since, while Jews have been successful developing and maintaining their own political strength and movement(s).

Those are facts.

So, like those who came before you, you're fucking up, again. There is an undeniable strain of anti-Semitism within the black community, and you have come to represent here.

So congrats.

Stupid.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 03:45:39 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #55253 on: October 30, 2020, 03:46:43 PM »

Larry, the same applies to the problems Steven Miller is having with not being white.

And Jay Sekulow and Jared Kushner.

These motherfuckers see this pandemic as a final solution of sorts.

Poor choice of words, Larry. Reflects the prejudice towards Jews that is found so often in the black community.

It wasn’t a poor choice of words. It was a deliberate statement.

Thanks for confirming your status.  Now we know .

Nah, you know shit.

I know if not for the Jews you're still picking cotton, dumbfuck.

Oh, there’s the real Utley.

Fuck you.

Exposing the Real Larry... professional victim, list, and extreme hypocrite.

Save your fuck yous for the mirror. You hate to admit how it was news who empowered the civil rights movements, and still do.

So, no. Fuck you.

Well, you love calling me a liar so try this one on for size.

Your favorite black anti-Semite in this forum is a member of the tribe.

BTW

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/12/11/how-historically-black-colleges-helped-rescue-jewish-refugees/

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Some of your best friends are Jews. got it.

Fuck off.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

oilcan

« Reply #55254 on: October 30, 2020, 03:56:46 PM »

Government still choking off free flow of data.   Your tax dollars not at work....

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/10/30/929239481/internal-documents-reveal-covid-19-hospitalization-data-the-government-keeps-hid

Regarding the mystery of where Florida ends up,  ballotwise,  I just don't understand why some Latinos think Trump cares about them.   I get that they aren't a block,  but when I look at all the countries their forebears came from,  where corrupt authoritarians made life pretty difficult and dangerous,  it just surprises me they'd embrace that here.   Are the conservative Latinos also the more conservative Catholics,  so it comes down to the hot button religious issues?   I expect this will be clearer when analysts can look more closely at the final election results. 

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #55255 on: October 30, 2020, 04:01:44 PM »

If not for shit like this (looting in Philly), Trump wouldn't even have a chance. Guess who is going to get the blame, if he is reelected? The inability to maintain peaceful protests across the country have greatly impacted the race for POTUS.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55256 on: October 30, 2020, 04:08:34 PM »

Oh please.

Putz.

Larry, you fucked up and you know it. The fact that you can't admit it compounds the fuck-up. That fact that you have doubled, tripled, and quadruple-downed on your idiocy indicates a willful disregard for truth.

What I said was true. The Jews gave the civil rights movement what it needed to succeed. Once the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed the blacks decided after MLK's death that they didn't need the Jews anymore. They decided they'd do everything on their own and didn't need the assistance of others to garner more success. Kicking the Jews to the side was a big mistake, and the movement has suffered ever since, while Jews have been successful developing and maintaining their own political strength and movement(s).

Those are facts.

So, like those who came before you, you're fucking up, again. There is an undeniable strain of anti-Semitism within the black community, and you have come to represent here.

So congrats.

Stupid.

That was some pretty weird fiction. If that’s what you believe it does explain somewhat why you are so disagreeable and why you pick such bizarre fights.

I hope you were still sane enough to vote for Biden and all the available democrats on your ballot.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55257 on: October 30, 2020, 04:16:35 PM »

Trump is on pace to lose by more than 13 million votes and 150 electoral votes while Democrats win control of the Senate and expand their margin in the House.

The market is down again today capping off a week of heavy losses, one last impression of republican mismanagement for those who vote late based On the health of their 401k.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55258 on: October 30, 2020, 04:28:24 PM »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/2020_elections_electoral_college_map_no_toss_ups.html

RCP's "no toss-ups" map shows Biden winning with 345 electoral college votes to Trump's 193.

Their "no toss-ups" senate map shows Democrats with 51 seats to the GOP's 49.

TRUMP grabs these electorals -

North Carlina, Georgia, Ohio, Arizona, Texas, Iowa and Florida -

You wrote that. I explained earlier that you have no basis for that assertion.

NONE.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55259 on: October 30, 2020, 04:32:21 PM »

You know you've got it all wrong tolerance, immigration, security, wise...when ladies and men are being hacked to death in your churches and cafes opposite them.
Women and men in America are lucky...they can carry guns.
Guns are great...for shooting terrorists, home invaders etc coming to hack you up and end your life on earth.
Elderly ladies going to church in America can carry guns.
In many countries they cannot...and are sitting ducks, easy prey for terrorists.

The vast majority of Americans do not see a civilian carrying a gun the vast majority of the time.

Our major cities are mostly not filled with gun-toting citizens. Nor are they filled with dead citizens, even the worst of them. The worst murder rate in the US in 2018 was in St. Louis, at ~61/100,000 people.

Death rate from COVID-19 in St. Louis, so far? 67.8. Case rate is up to ~2,700/100,000, or 2.7%, roughly the same as the purported rate for the nation.

Conceal carry.

Just because you don't see the guns doesn't mean Americans are not carrying them.
Famous tv host in America carries a gun, but you never see it.

It doesn't happen.

"Recent surveys find that about 40% of adult Americans own a gun or live with someone who does."

If 10% of Americans own guns and are married, that would account for half of those people, leaving 30% of American homes owning guns.

In some states, almost every family has a gun. In others, very few do. My comment about the cities is true, whether you like it or not.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 3682 3683 [3684] 3685 3686 ... 4288