Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3686 3687 [3688] 3689 3690 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2004586 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55305 on: October 30, 2020, 09:55:40 PM »

It's all just falling apart here - amidst the Biden stress - isnt it?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55306 on: October 30, 2020, 10:00:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/30/us/utah-emergency-alert-covid-19-trnd/index.html

Utah sent a statewide text message warning about the spread of COVID-19 and the too crowded conditions at their hospitals.

Damned liberals making a big deal out of nothing.

Right, Kid?!

Media blowing it out of proportion!

Turning the corner... to 100,00+ new cases in a day, that is.

What caused it?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55307 on: October 30, 2020, 10:05:05 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/30/us/utah-emergency-alert-covid-19-trnd/index.html

Utah sent a statewide text message warning about the spread of COVID-19 and the too crowded conditions at their hospitals.

Damned liberals making a big deal out of nothing.

Right, Kid?!

Media blowing it out of proportion!

Turning the corner... to 100,00+ new cases in a day, that is.

What caused it?

The governor's being rational, probably.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55308 on: October 30, 2020, 10:13:31 PM »

Heh!

On a serious note,  I really love latkes.   Eat a few and you know you've been fed!  

It's like nature's way of putting three thousand calories on one plate.

OC-your the guy to bring the oil for the menorah and to re-heat the latkes!

bring just enough for one day!

For those who don't get that, knicks will tell the story of hannukkah.

Its going to be great!!!

It started way back in history with this crew of Gs called the Macabi...
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #55309 on: October 30, 2020, 10:28:49 PM »

The point was he said he intentionally equated Hitler's "final solution" to a virus which infects regardless of race, color, creed relgion, or country of origin, or sox, yankee mets or indian (yes I sad it) fan!

He seems to be backing away from his first hot take.

I hope that clears up your confusion kam.

or go back and read initial posts as I just gave you a QnD of the back and forth.

Somewhere in there it was established that attacking populations with intentional infection made the use of small pox blankets in the yankee war on the indigenous people here is a better analogy than the meticulous and laborious German practice of extermination when gauging the enormity of trump’s decisions in the pandemic.

Attacking melting pots, hubs of high functioning pluralistic societies to the extent they exist is not indiscriminate. It is an attack on a culture. That culture is made up of people who trump has targeted for harm because he thinks they expect more from a leader than trump and his team could ever deliver.

If he’s already marked to spend all his after office days, starting in January, in a pen for tax fraud, I can let the matter go beyond hanging around to carve hard truths into his tomb stone. 

I would say it’s worth taking lumps to see through putting trump and his army down in a way that leaves them fully broken. He and they have proven genocidal enough to project a higher cost if they are allowed to continue and to hold power.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55310 on: October 30, 2020, 10:36:38 PM »

Knicks I've been called worse than that.

But like you, the whining idiot crying that at me, was usually upset that I pansted them and exposed their idiotic ideas.

And all it takes is using facts and using them in proper context.

Heated rhetoric is fine, but facts usually wins the debate.

Sorry that I hurt your feelings.

I understand you're upset, so I'll get the party info from Utley he has everone's info.

go figure

heh

achtung, y'all

But like you, the whining idiot crying that at me, was usually upset that I pansted them and exposed their idiotic ideas.

You sound like the bully in Jr. High who came into the bathroom and said, “I want your pants, your pants and your pants.”

One kid actually started to undo his pants but I said, “since there three of us and one of you, I want YOUR pants!”

He laughed and said, “what you going to do crip?” and I took one of my crutches and slashed the outside of his knee and when he bent over cracked him in his head on the backswing.

You’re a bully banks and I don’t back down from bullies.

I’m trying to make a point and like every time the subject of evil comes up you make it a one sided
Contest of who can claim the most suffering.

Grow up.

This ain’t the schoolyard.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:38:18 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55311 on: October 30, 2020, 10:39:50 PM »

The point was he said he intentionally equated Hitler's "final solution" to a virus which infects regardless of race, color, creed relgion, or country of origin, or sox, yankee mets or indian (yes I sad it) fan!

or go back and read initial posts as I just gave you a QnD of the back and forth.

Somewhere in there it was established that attacking populations with intentional infection made the use of small pox blankets in the yankee war on the indigenous people here is a better analogy than the meticulous and laborious German practice of extermination when gauging the enormity of trump’s decisions in the pandemic.

Attacking melting pots, hubs of high functioning pluralistic societies to the extent they exist is not indiscriminate. It is an attack on a culture. That culture is made up of people who trump has targeted for harm because he thinks they expect more from a leader than trump and his team could ever deliver.

If he’s already marked to spend all his after office days, starting in January, in a pen for tax fraud, I can let the matter go beyond hanging around to carve hard truths into his tomb stone. 

I would say it’s worth taking lumps to see through putting trump and his army down in a way that leaves them fully broken. He and they have proven genocidal enough to project a higher cost if they are allowed to continue and to hold power.

Quite.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #55312 on: October 30, 2020, 10:43:48 PM »

I'll save you a latke.   Here's the music for your side of the party....

https://youtu.be/LjG7-5kbevo

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55313 on: October 30, 2020, 10:46:42 PM »

They knew in April when they pushed the REOPEN and LIBERATE the state’s protests. They MADE A CONSCIOUS DECISION to let hundreds of thousands die and many times more develop chronic conditions for life.

"If you get it, you are going to get better and then you’re going to be immune, and it's a whole thing and it goes away, but the vaccines will help," Trump said. At one point, he spotted and mocked his longtime booster Ingraham in the crowd for wearing a mask. “No way! Are you wearing a mask? I’ve never seen her in a mask, look at you. Wow, she’s being very politically correct. Wow,” he said. Ingraham flew with the president on Air Force One after the event.

“if you have a bad heart and you’re ready to die or if you have cancer and you’re going to be dying soon, and you catch COVID, that happens we mark it down to COVID. You know our doctors get more money if somebody dies from COVID, you know that, right. I mean our doctors are very smart people. So what they do is they say is, I’m but you know sorry everybody dies of COVID. But in Germany and other places, if you have a heart attack or you have cancer, you’re terminally ill, you catch COVID, they say you died of cancer, you died of a heart attack. With us, when in doubt, choose COVID. It’s true, no it’s true. No, they’ll say, Oh it’s terrible what he said, but it’s true. It’s like $2,000 more. So you get more money. This could only happen to us.”

“The reality is this: If you look, I put it up on my Instagram a couple days ago, because I went through the CDC data, because I kept hearing about new infections,” Trump Jr. said. “But I was like, ‘Well, why aren’t they talking about deaths?’ Oh, oh, because the number is almost nothing. Because we’ve gotten control of this, and we understand how it works.”

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55314 on: October 30, 2020, 10:55:51 PM »

I understand you're upset, so I'll get the party info from Utley he has everone's info.

go figure

heh

achtung, y'all

You sound like the bully in Jr. High who came into the bathroom and said, “I want your pants, your pants and your pants.”

One kid actually started to undo his pants but I said, “since there three of us and one of you, I want YOUR pants!”

He laughed and said, “what you going to do crip?” and I took one of my crutches and slashed the outside of his knee and when he bent over cracked him in his head on the backswing.

I’m trying to make a point and like every time the subject of evil comes up you make it a one sided

Grow up.

Knicks,

This isn't a schoolyard but a forum where ideas  are exchanged and debated.

I challenged your post equating the covid virus with Hitler's extermination of the Jews, and I was quite specific in my criticism and where I agreed with you (Trump's evil incompetence)

But you doubled down and failed miserably in defending your position.

Then you shifted your stance its a "final solution" to kill people of color,  to its "sort of a final solution", to its sort of a final solution for the US

What's iteration is next? 

I'm not a bully but know how and when to smack a bullshitter.

As I said before if you want to equate Hitler's orchestrated 15 year plan to exterminate European Jews, and his success in reaching 66% of his aims, with Trump's ineffective and inept and chaotic attempt to control a virus that infects indiscriminately, you are free to do so, but its a fucking idiotic.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 11:02:15 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #55315 on: October 30, 2020, 11:00:33 PM »

I'll save you a latke.   Here's the music for your side of the party....

https://youtu.be/LjG7-5kbevo

Oh good. Can we get someone competent and capable in charge of the brisket now please?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55316 on: October 30, 2020, 11:04:40 PM »

Regardless the degree evil is evil.

These people are fucking evil and while you ridicule me there are a quarter million dead in a matter of months through a sin of omission.

It ain’t six million murdered over the course of a decade but for fucks sake, does it have to be?

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55317 on: October 30, 2020, 11:07:14 PM »

I thought your example of US treatment of Native-Americans a far more apt comp to Hitler-holocaust, but didn't want to distract the current discussion or let knicks escape accountability for his overt negation of the holocaust be comparing it to an air-born virus. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55318 on: October 30, 2020, 11:12:06 PM »

go figure

heh

achtung, y'all

Grow up.

Knicks,

This isn't a schoolyard but a forum where ideas  are exchanged and debated.

I challenged your post equating the covid virus with Hitler's extermination of the Jews, and I was quite specific in my criticism and where I agreed with you (Trump's evil incompetence)

But you doubled down and failed miserably in defending your position.

Then you shifted your stance its a "final solution" to kill people of color,  to its "sort of a final solution", to its sort of a final solution for the US

I'm not a bully but know how and when to smack a bullshitter.

As I said before if you want to equate Hitler's orchestrated 15 year plan to exterminate European Jews, and his success in reaching 66% of his aims, with Trump's ineffective and inept and chaotic attempt to control a virus that infects indiscriminately, you are free to do so, but its a fucking idiotic.

He made no attempt to control the virus.

He’s killing everybody.

Trump is Trump but Miller and Kushner are fucking evil.

You’re a close minded idiot.

Oh, did you read the Thom Hartmann link I’ve posted twice?

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #55319 on: October 30, 2020, 11:12:17 PM »

Let’s say there an utter maniac with his hands on some nuclear weapons, or a private airport with planes and a couple of loads of cluster bombs. If he sent those weapons to attack LA and Detroit and New York and Atlanta, but because we got lucky and 3/4 his munitions failed to detonate, would  that be any less damning of his intent?

Trump is just as genocidal as anyone who has ever knowingly issued a genocidal order. He’s also way down the competence and effectiveness scale of those who we remember giving such orders and trying to execute such plans, especially relative to the power of his position.
Pages: 1 ... 3686 3687 [3688] 3689 3690 ... 4288