Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3687 3688 [3689] 3690 3691 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2004327 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55320 on: October 30, 2020, 11:12:56 PM »

Regardless the degree evil is evil.

These people are fucking evil and while you ridicule me there are a quarter million dead in a matter of months through a sin of omission.

It ain’t six million murdered over the course of a decade but for fucks sake, does it have to be?

Yes evil is evil.

but there are degrees of malice in the world.

We can discriminate between an evil but inept politican fucking up and causing hundreds of thousands of deaths, and an evil politician who actively planned and carried out the greatest genocide in human history.

It was your choice to compare the two.

You were wrong and offensive and you diminshed the evil that was Hitler,

Hitller need more than a mask and social distancing to defeat.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55321 on: October 30, 2020, 11:13:23 PM »

The point was he said he intentionally equated Hitler's "final solution" to a virus which infects regardless of race, color, creed relgion, or country of origin, or sox, yankee mets or indian (yes I sad it) fan!

He seems to be backing away from his first hot take.

I hope that clears up your confusion kam.

or go back and read initial posts as I just gave you a QnD of the back and forth.

Somewhere in there it was established that attacking populations with intentional infection made the use of small pox blankets in the yankee war on the indigenous people here is a better analogy than the meticulous and laborious German practice of extermination when gauging the enormity of trump’s decisions in the pandemic.

Attacking melting pots, hubs of high functioning pluralistic societies to the extent they exist is not indiscriminate. It is an attack on a culture. That culture is made up of people who trump has targeted for harm because he thinks they expect more from a leader than trump and his team could ever deliver.

If he’s already marked to spend all his after office days, starting in January, in a pen for tax fraud, I can let the matter go beyond hanging around to carve hard truths into his tomb stone. 

I would say it’s worth taking lumps to see through putting trump and his army down in a way that leaves them fully broken. He and they have proven genocidal enough to project a higher cost if they are allowed to continue and to hold power.

I thought your example of US treatment of Native-Americans a far more apt comp to Hitler-holocaust, but didn't want to distract the current discussion or let knicks escape accountability for his overt negation of the holocaust be comparing it to an air-born virus.

I’m not backing off it.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55322 on: October 30, 2020, 11:15:16 PM »

These people are fucking evil and while you ridicule me there are a quarter million dead in a matter of months through a sin of omission.

It ain’t six million murdered over the course of a decade but for fucks sake, does it have to be?

Yes evil is evil.

We can discriminate between an evil but inept politican fucking up and causing hundreds of thousands of deaths, and an evil politician who actively planned and carried out the greatest genocide in human history.

IT WAS NOT A FUCK UP.

It was a deliberate decision.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55323 on: October 30, 2020, 11:16:48 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55324 on: October 30, 2020, 11:18:50 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55325 on: October 30, 2020, 11:18:56 PM »

Then you shifted your stance its a "final solution" to kill people of color,  to its "sort of a final solution", to its sort of a final solution for the US

What's iteration is next? 

As I said before if you want to equate Hitler's orchestrated 15 year plan to exterminate European Jews, and his success in reaching 66% of his aims, with Trump's ineffective and inept and chaotic attempt to control a virus that infects indiscriminately, you are free to do so, but its a fucking idiotic.

Let’s say there an utter maniac with his hands on some nuclear weapons, or a private airport with planes and a couple of loads of cluster bombs. If he sent those weapons to attack LA and Detroit and New York and Atlanta, but because we got lucky and 3/4 his munitions failed to detonate, would  that be any less damning of his intent?

Trump is just as genocidal as anyone who has ever knowingly issued a genocidal order.
He’s also way down the competence and effectiveness scale of those who we remember giving such orders and trying to execute such plans, especially relative to the power of his position.

Only to the bolded-I'm not going to defend Trump, he's a narcisistic sociopath wholly corrupt inept evil SOB, who only cares about himself, but he probably isn't just as genocidal as anyone who has issued a genocidal command.

and ths about the nicest thing i can say about him.

Hitler and Stalin were worse.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55326 on: October 30, 2020, 11:23:17 PM »

Then you shifted your stance its a "final solution" to kill people of color,  to its "sort of a final solution", to its sort of a final solution for the US

As I said before if you want to equate Hitler's orchestrated 15 year plan to exterminate European Jews, and his success in reaching 66% of his aims, with Trump's ineffective and inept and chaotic attempt to control a virus that infects indiscriminately, you are free to do so, but its a fucking idiotic.

Let’s say there an utter maniac with his hands on some nuclear weapons, or a private airport with planes and a couple of loads of cluster bombs. If he sent those weapons to attack LA and Detroit and New York and Atlanta, but because we got lucky and 3/4 his munitions failed to detonate, would  that be any less damning of his intent?

Trump is just as genocidal as anyone who has ever knowingly issued a genocidal order.
He’s also way down the competence and effectiveness scale of those who we remember giving such orders and trying to execute such plans, especially relative to the power of his position.

Only to the bolded-I'm not going to defend Trump, he's a narcisistic sociopath wholly corrupt inept evil SOB, who only cares about himself, but he probably isn't just as genocidal as anyone who has issued a genocidal command.

So was Leopoldo, but that was Congo so who gives a shit, right?

No one disputes Hitler was the Grand Champion but Pol Pot was no slouch and the Kims in North Korea have starved generations but they didn’t document it all so...

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55327 on: October 30, 2020, 11:24:49 PM »

Yes evil is evil.

IT WAS NOT A FUCK UP.

Trump made political decisons to help himself and protect the economy and market.

He fucked up and then the virus ran away from him and spread far faster than I think he or even the doctor's originally understood.

But they figured it out

But he sadly stuck to the politics.

and maybe 500,000 americans of all different colors and religions may die because of his inept response.

It was not his final solution to his killing people of color.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55328 on: October 30, 2020, 11:29:41 PM »

So was Leopoldo, but that was Congo so who gives a shit, right?

No one disputes Hitler was the Grand Champion but Pol Pot was no slouch and the Kims in North Korea have starved generations but they didn’t document it all so...

Knicks you seem to be disputing it with your comparison of Hitler's genocide and a virus.

I'm not sure why you hold the position, but you are free to post your comps and I'm free to rip them to shreds for the uneducated and bigoted idiocy  I believe them to be.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55329 on: October 30, 2020, 11:33:30 PM »

Hitler and Stalin were given a lot of time and a lot of support that trump has so far not got. He’s really only a decade into his political career. His dreams, visions, perceived obstacles, and fancied solutions are as demented as those of the big two from recent European history mentioned. David Duke was heading in his mind to a similar promised land until America stopped him and let him know his dreams were going to be made impossible. Trump has gotten a lot farther than Duke, picking up the same banner. He’ll have a lot more tools for despotism, the kind with high fatality rates attached, with the Court now to stand behind his order allowing him to fire whoever stands in his way.

What Hitler and Stalin did was worse, much worse than anything trump has so far accomplished. He’s clearly telegraphed where he’s heading. We need to knock him out before he levels up with a second term.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55330 on: October 30, 2020, 11:53:58 PM »

No one disputes Hitler was the Grand Champion

If only that were true.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55331 on: October 31, 2020, 12:04:08 AM »

Yes evil is evil.

IT WAS NOT A FUCK UP.

Trump made political decisons to help himself and protect the economy and market.

He fucked up and then the virus ran away from him and spread far faster than I think he or even the doctor's originally understood.

But they figured it out

and maybe 500,000 americans of all different colors and religions may die because of his inept response.

It’s not a linear thought, banks.

You keep looking to Trump when it ain’t Trump it’s his handlers who let him convince himself this is all his doing. He’s just the front man, the lead singer but he just sings the notes and reads the script.

He’s no homicidal mastermind he’s an insanely stupid and drug addicted sociopath who doesn’t give a shit about anyone but himself.

It wasn’t Hitler as much as it was those who did his bidding.

You keep fixating on the non existent systematic extermination of dark people when it is obvious a decision was made based on information received.

Politics 101: Never let a crisis go to waste.

Why is Scott Atlas preaching herd immunity and why is anyone listening to him?

Because it’s a cheap and fairly efficient means to an end.

All these superspreader events will spread the infection wide and far and while achieving herd immunity in the majority population while culling the less desirables, including old people who are a drain on Medicare and social security.

Crazy, huh?

Yeah.

“Come on  to the rally because you don’t die of Covid because if you get it it goes away and then you’re immune and don’t believe the numbers of dead you’re hearing about, the doctors get paid more fir Covid deaths.”

“Covid deaths are almost nothing” says the fail son.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 12:09:29 AM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55332 on: October 31, 2020, 12:05:48 AM »

"overt negation of the holocaust be comparing it to an air-born virus"

It wasn't the comparison he made and it wasn't what Trump and his team did.

Trump and his team deliberately withheld aid from areas where more people were getting sick and a disproportionately high percentage of people were dying.

Back in May, it was 2.5 times as many African-Americans dying from COVID per capita as whites dying.

The Trump administration CHOSE to not try to intervene. Five months later, the rate's still double, but much higher now for both groups - 108.4 to 54.4/100,000. And there continues to be no federal help planned.

"Adjusting the data for age differences in race groups widens the gap in the overall mortality rates between all other groups and Whites, who have the lowest rate. Compared to Whites, the latest U.S. age-adjusted COVID-19 mortality rate for:

Blacks is 3.2 times as high

Latinos is 3.2 times as high

Indigenous people is 3.1 times as high"

It was a choice, it was not incompetence, unless that they did not find a way to contain it to Democratic cities and states. They saw that it hurt the vulnerable and they CHOSE to allow it.

It's not gassing them, but that's just plausible deniability, not an absence of evil. Trump offered more help to China than he did to New York City.

I'm done. The evidence of Trump's intention is there.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55333 on: October 31, 2020, 12:25:34 AM »

Yes evil is evil.

IT WAS NOT A FUCK UP.

But they figured it out

It’s not a linear thought, banks.

You keep looking to Trump when it ain’t Trump it’s his handlers who let him convince himself this is all his doing. He’s just the front man, the lead singer but he just sings the notes and reads the script.

He’s no homicidal mastermind he’s an insanely stupid and drug addicted sociopath who doesn’t give a shit about anyone but himself.

It wasn’t Hitler as much as it was those who did his bidding.

You keep fixating on the non existent systematic extermination of dark people when it is obvious a decision was made based on information received.

Politics 101: Never let a crisis go to waste.

Why is Scott Atlas preaching herd immunity and why is anyone listening to him?

Because it’s a cheap and fairly efficient means to an end.

All these superspreader events will spread the infection wide and far and while achieving herd immunity in the majority population while culling the less desirables, including old people who are a drain on Medicare and social security.

Crazy, huh?

Yeah.

“Come on  to the rally because you don’t die of Covid because if you get it it goes away and then you’re immune and don’t believe the numbers of dead you’re hearing about, the doctors get paid more fir Covid deaths.”

“Covid deaths are almost nothing” says the fail son.

Its late, likely past your bedtime and you're posting gibberish.

And you've danced around every issue but the one being discussed.

I find it an interest thought that in an election year, you seem to think Trump, Oor his handelrs) as delusional and evil as he (they) may be, somehow would think that millions of sicking and dieing Americans would be a strong platform to run on.

I think he (they) understood a lot of sick and dieing people might pull down his #s, so rather than dealing with it as adults, he (they) lied about it and tried to cover it up. He was concerned about the economy and the market getting whacked, and it was the one things (two) he could run on.

And the dolt probably would have won easily if he had not bungled the covid crisis.

He was concerned only how this was going to impact him.

For the president who proudly and falsely proclaimed he had done more for African-Americans than any other president with the exception of Lincoln, a mountain of dead people of color, might not be a great selling point to the still breathing darker-hued voters.

Again I didn't look at Trump for anything.

You looked at him and seemed to think his ineptness and incompetence with handling a public health crisis was of the same villany as planning the holocaust.

I think it idiotic and a very wrong narrative.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 12:52:08 AM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55334 on: October 31, 2020, 12:35:37 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/30/politics/trump-doctors-covid/index.html

Here you go, Kid - Trump's making your argument. The doctors are inflating COVID deaths for the money!
Pages: 1 ... 3687 3688 [3689] 3690 3691 ... 4288