Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3693 3694 [3695] 3696 3697 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1887961 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55410 on: November 01, 2020, 10:31:19 AM »

I am in favor of lawful voting.

My polling place does not require ID but I show mine anyway.

That's grand, I hope we all favor lawful voting, but if you're wearing a mask, as you may be required to do in a crowded polling place, can they really know its you?

In any case I digress.

If after voting, and as far as you know you voted lawfully, you found out that your vote was not to be counted due to some factor beyond your control, would you feel cheated out of your right to vote and cheated from participating in the democratic process?

Do you think it fair or a wise course of action for a democracy to follow?

Well, you could realize you voted entirely for the wrong party, fully - at which point, like Donatella Moss, you'd have to find someone from the other camp to vote your side so that they cancel  each other out.

(Lietenant Commander Jack Reese was so willing)

kid-I'm going to have to run your response through a gibberish to English translator app.

But if I folllow your train-wreck of a thought, at least Ms Moss's vote was counted, no matter her misgivings.

We are all entitled to second-guess our choices, but first we should have a choice.

Shouldn't we, to protect the rights of all the voters right to vote and have their vote counted, frown upon the state negating those votes, because Ms Moss had second thoughts?

What would Josiah Bartlet advise?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #55411 on: November 01, 2020, 10:36:33 AM »

Trump just looks awful with these large maskless rallies where he contends Virus cases aren't increasing. 

To you he does.  We aren't concerned with you

Also unfortunate that the Dems didn't have a super more youthful candidate to run against Trump.

Indeed
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 10:38:43 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55412 on: November 01, 2020, 10:36:58 AM »

Speaking of fictional political drama-I never watched "Handmaiden's Tale" and i dove into it last night.

It didn't seem so fictional.

and as I suspect many here know, it was a fucking horror story.

Almost perfect for Halloween.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55413 on: November 01, 2020, 10:58:33 AM »

That's grand, I hope we all favor lawful voting, but if you're wearing a mask, as you may be required to do in a crowded polling place, can they really know its you?

In any case I digress.

If after voting, and as far as you know you voted lawfully, you found out that your vote was not to be counted due to some factor beyond your control, would you feel cheated out of your right to vote and cheated from participating in the democratic process?

Well, you could realize you voted entirely for the wrong party, fully - at which point, like Donatella Moss, you'd have to find someone from the other camp to vote your side so that they cancel  each other out.

Couldn't give you an honest answer if his life depended on it, Banks.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55414 on: November 01, 2020, 11:03:15 AM »

In any case I digress.

Josh-I thought I'd at least ask some timely and pertinent politcal questions and give kid the platform to answer.

And he chose not to,

SSDD

And unfortunately the only rational take away from kid's game of dodge-ball is that he's fine with voter suppression and thinks little of democratic principles.

And that he likes West Wing and looks to it for political precedent.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 11:09:32 AM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55415 on: November 01, 2020, 11:03:32 AM »

Hopefully it works, but Dems never seem to go full-throated or bring out all the armor in their big arsenal.  It's been a mostly smart but weirdly low-key Biden campaign, mostly letting Trump be Trump and profiting by his unpleasantness.

But here's the rub -

they were counting on Trump being abrasive and disrespectful on the trail, but not persuasive and presidential.

They were QUITE mistaken.

“I may never have to come back here again if I don't get Iowa."

Oh, so persuasive and presidential.

"We're getting your husbands back to work..."

Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that he's persuasive.

"You know, our doctors get more money if somebody dies from COVID. You know that, right?" Trump told a rally in Waterford Township, Mich., on Friday, resurfacing a claim he has made for weeks. "I mean, our doctors are very smart people...so, what they do is they say, 'I'm sorry, but, you know, everybody dies of COVID.'"

Nope, not abrasive or disrespectful at all! Totally rational, honest, and polite.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55416 on: November 01, 2020, 11:07:02 AM »

Trump just looks awful with these large maskless rallies where he contends Virus cases aren't increasing. 

To you he does.  We aren't concerned with you

Yes, he's made that abundantly clear. If we are not his supporters, then neither he nor you are concerned with us - blue states can go fuck themselves as far as Trump is concerned.

Must be hard to live in one of the states he doesn't care about.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55417 on: November 01, 2020, 11:08:51 AM »

In any case I digress.

Josh-I thought I'd at least ask some timely and pertinent politcal questions and give kid the platform to answer.

And he chose not to,

SSDD

It was either very kind of you or very passive-aggressive of you.

But it is not as is any of us is surprised that he could not even manage a direct answer to such a softball question.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55418 on: November 01, 2020, 11:13:42 AM »

In any case I digress.

And he chose not to,

SSDD

It was either very kind of you or very passive-aggressive of you.

But it is not as is any of us is surprised that he could not even manage a direct answer to such a softball question.

I have found if I can engage others in a "Socratic method" discussion its a good way to draw out thoughts.

I've also used a more confrontational approach from time to time.

barton

« Reply #55419 on: November 01, 2020, 11:20:16 AM »

In any case I digress.

Answer his question.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55420 on: November 01, 2020, 11:34:10 AM »

'Pussy Galore' died earlier this year.

"I must be dreaming. "

She was the judo master partner of Patrick McNee before Diana Rigg.   The Galore role for Blackman was how Rigg got the gig.  I recall seeing a few of the early Avengers eps on a UHF channel as a kid and being miffed - "where's Miss Peel? "

Re the vote count -- I think the outcome will be clear by Friday,  even if there are some counties still catching up.   Or litigations.  But I have no real reasons or insights.   I anticipate,  though mostly an abstainer these days,  murdering a few beers next week.

Diana Rigg passed on September 10.

She was also the one and only Mrs. Jame Bond when Bond was portrayed by the Aussie actor George Lazenby.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #55422 on: November 01, 2020, 12:10:31 PM »

'Pussy Galore' died earlier this year.

"I must be dreaming. "

She was the judo master partner of Patrick McNee before Diana Rigg.   The Galore role for Blackman was how Rigg got the gig.  I recall seeing a few of the early Avengers eps on a UHF channel as a kid and being miffed - "where's Miss Peel? "

Re the vote count -- I think the outcome will be clear by Friday,  even if there are some counties still catching up.   Or litigations.  But I have no real reasons or insights.   I anticipate,  though mostly an abstainer these days,  murdering a few beers next week.

Diana Rigg passed on September 10.

She was also the one and only Mrs. Jame Bond when Bond was portrayed by the Aussie actor George Lazenby.
George Lazenby was once married to the tennis player and Maryland's own Pam Shriver a MAGA charter member.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55423 on: November 01, 2020, 01:07:29 PM »

NO President has ever tried to dismantle the US Postal Service in order to block millions from voting by mail while simultaneously trying to take away healthcare from 20 million American's and INTENTIONALLY exposing thousands to a deadly virus.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55424 on: November 01, 2020, 01:34:07 PM »

NO President has ever tried to dismantle the US Postal Service in order to block millions from voting by mail while simultaneously trying to take away healthcare from 20 million American's and INTENTIONALLY exposing thousands to a deadly virus.

Trump's Postal-Nasal solution.

He must be stamped out!

Pages: 1 ... 3693 3694 [3695] 3696 3697 ... 4288