Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3728 3729 [3730] 3731 3732 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882504 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55935 on: November 05, 2020, 11:05:06 AM »

In Michigan, where just about all ballots have now been counted, Biden’s lead sits at roughly 150,000 votes. Whatever the final number, Biden will win the state by 2 to 3 percentage points, four years after Trump carried Michigan by just 10,704 votes.

I didn't think Biden could lose MI.
Turns out not terribly close.

WI was the one I was a little wary of.  GOP have a good operation there.

According to the final (though yet uncertified) election results in Wisconsin, Biden carried the state by just over 20,000 votes. With a margin of defeat that narrow, any number of things are key to the outcome. But it’s tough to argue that Trump’s slippage in the Milwaukee suburbs wasn’t the essential ingredient of his defeat in Wisconsin.

The story of 2020, in the Midwest and elsewhere, was Biden whittling down the president’s margins in the conservative suburbs where Trump’s team thought he might be safe.
And Biden got much more black support than Hillary received, approaching Obama levels in some cities.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/11/04/three-reasons-biden-flipped-the-midwest-434114
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:09:14 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55936 on: November 05, 2020, 11:29:30 AM »

Should be able to vote online like it's the Kentucky Derby.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55937 on: November 05, 2020, 11:36:25 AM »

If Republican scrutineers have been denied the right to see hundreds of thousands of postal votes that have arrived 'out of nowhere', allegedly with no dates, no signatures, in the names of dead people etc, then the election is compromised.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55938 on: November 05, 2020, 12:06:25 PM »

If Republican scrutineers have been denied the right to see hundreds of thousands of postal votes that have arrived 'out of nowhere', allegedly with no dates, no signatures, in the names of dead people etc, then the election is compromised.

But they haven't and the votes didn't.

Stop swallowing every spin thrown your way.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55939 on: November 05, 2020, 12:08:33 PM »

Bull shit. Both parties have poll watchers. There are no actual issues with the ballots reported you stupid gullible fool.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

barton

« Reply #55940 on: November 05, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »

It's not "spin."  It's lies.  Complete falsehoods, initiated by people who know they are falsehoods.

So many poll watchers let in, there was actually overcrowding at some stations.  And now they have legal permission to stand within six feet of tabulators, in PA IIRC.  Some states have allowed web cameras, so that anyone can watch the process online -- surely, a close second to "watching paint dry" in terms of low stimulation. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55941 on: November 05, 2020, 01:24:24 PM »

Bull shit. Both parties have poll watchers. There are no actual issues with the ballots reported you stupid gullible fool.

Rudy was shown on my TV saying there are issues.

oilcan

« Reply #55942 on: November 05, 2020, 01:30:14 PM »

Say what you will, the man knows how to tuck in a shirt!

Meanwhile, judges remain sober and sane....

https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-judge-dismisses-trump-campaign-case-in-chatham-ballot-dispute/YKBA6IYQKBB4JCSQEIJBQQT6QI/

(if the judge comes home tonight and gets hammered, I wouldn't blame him, though...)

(it's Georgia, so...peach schnappes?)

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #55943 on: November 05, 2020, 01:31:51 PM »

In little noted news the killjoys in Rhode Island have decided to torpedo one of my favorite trivia questions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/11/04/rhode-island-voters-drop-plantations-states-official-name/6169063002/
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #55944 on: November 05, 2020, 01:34:20 PM »

Rudy was shown on my TV saying there are issues.
Rudy was shown on my TV masturbating in front of what he thought was a 15 year old girl.

"Actual issues", not desperate senile ramblings with no evidence to back them up.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #55945 on: November 05, 2020, 01:35:52 PM »

In little noted news the killjoys in Rhode Island have decided to torpedo one of my favorite trivia questions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/11/04/rhode-island-voters-drop-plantations-states-official-name/6169063002/

You can always ask what was the original official name of the State of Rhode Island.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #55946 on: November 05, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »

Global warming, rising sea level, I liked the idea of "E-Rhode Island."  (Bart posted that yesterday)

barton

« Reply #55947 on: November 05, 2020, 01:49:03 PM »

Let's do a bit of math.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports there are around 50,000 uncounted absentee ballots left, and they are in heavily blue Fulton and Chatham counties.

Trump leads by 14,000-some votes.

Let's say 3/4 of the uncounted votes are for Biden.

Presently, Biden has X votes.
              Trump has X + 14,0000

Finished count, Biden will have X + 37,500 votes.
                     Trump will have X + 14,000 + 12,500 votes.

Biden will win by 11,000 votes. 

Nothing's certain, but I'd say Biden's chances are pretty good. 

This should, at least, reduce the sweating factor in Arizona, in Maricopa County.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #55948 on: November 05, 2020, 01:53:24 PM »

Let's do a bit of math.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports there are around 50,000 uncounted absentee ballots left, and they are in heavily blue Fulton and Chatham counties.

Trump leads by 14,000-some votes.

Let's say 3/4 of the uncounted votes are for Biden.

Presently, Biden has X votes.
              Trump has X + 14,0000

Finished count, Biden will have X + 37,500 votes.
                     Trump will have X + 14,000 + 12,500 votes.

Biden will win by 11,000 votes. 

Nothing's certain, but I'd say Biden's chances are pretty good. 

This should, at least, reduce the sweating factor in Arizona, in Maricopa County.
No one is sweating. It is in the mid 90s, or as we call it, jacket weather.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #55949 on: November 05, 2020, 02:07:32 PM »

Apukejob -

At this point, oxycodone is looking good to me. Got any of that?

Pages: 1 ... 3728 3729 [3730] 3731 3732 ... 4288