Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3773 3774 [3775] 3776 3777 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1874975 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #56610 on: November 10, 2020, 06:59:12 PM »

Ah yes, the "worst educated/no college degree" folk.
Hope nobody here is going to be trying to tell me that such folk are 'dumb, 'stoopid', 'ignorant, or any like thing.

The post seems very elitist.

It is what is is.   You are the one choosing to describe it with your terms.

"Best educated" is subjective.
Bachelor of Arts degree is not much good for growing, corn, soy beans, horses, goats in Kentucky.

I don't know about Australia but in the US when you apply for a job they ask you what your highest level of education is.

So "Best Educated" really means "how many years did you devote to formal education in high school, college, and post-graduate study".

The better educated term just refers to more years in formal study.

I hope that helps.

---

And there are agricultural schools in the US as well.  You can get a Bachelors in agricultural science.

Degrees cost money, lots of money.

Biden began promoting a free college plan earlier this year that would allow a majority of students to attend public institutions tuition-free.

If he does that, America will be a better place.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56611 on: November 10, 2020, 07:01:11 PM »

Courtesy of Jim Wright:

Remember that Pennsylvania USPS worker who had explosive proof of election fraud?

Republicans made him their star witness. He was going to appear before Congress and everything.

Yeah.

Well, today, he admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated the allegations. Made up the whole thing. He's a fraud. There's no evidence of any widespread voting irregularities.

Seems the only crime, might be the one committed by the Postmaster General himself.

STILL no evidence of widespread voting irregularities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/postal-worker-fabricated-ballot-pennsylvania/2020/11/10/99269a7c-2364-11eb-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 07:03:39 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #56612 on: November 10, 2020, 07:14:23 PM »

Courtesy of Jim Wright:

Remember that Pennsylvania USPS worker who had explosive proof of election fraud?

Republicans made him their star witness. He was going to appear before Congress and everything.

Yeah.

Well, today, he admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated the allegations. Made up the whole thing. He's a fraud. There's no evidence of any widespread voting irregularities.

Seems the only crime, might be the one committed by the Postmaster General himself.

STILL no evidence of widespread voting irregularities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/postal-worker-fabricated-ballot-pennsylvania/2020/11/10/99269a7c-2364-11eb-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html

This lying whistle blower has a gofundme!    His recanting his story isn't hurting the online donations either.  FOUL!!!!

Richard Hopkins is organizing this fundraiser.
Created 3 days ago
Other
My name is Richard Hopkins and I currently work for the United States Postal Service in Erie, Pennsylvania and I am willing to testify under oath that 2020 Presidential Election ballots are being backdated to November 3rd by my supervisors. I made the difficult decision to risk everything in my life to come forward with this information of extreme wrongdoing by the Post Office. I am uncertain of what the future holds for me but I felt the public had a right to know what is really going on. Your donations are going to help me in the case I am wrongfully terminated from my job or I am forced into resigning due to ostrizization by my coworkers. It will help me get a new start in a place I feel safe and help me with child support until I am able to get settled and get a job.The Post Office has already been threatening my employment. I am scared for myself, my family, and those closest to me. Thank you James O'Keefe and Project Veritas for letting me tell my story when others wouldn't. Please support me as I go forward with this battle.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #56613 on: November 10, 2020, 07:23:53 PM »

Well looks like gofundme just took it down ... he was up to $57,000 in donations with people still donating as of a few minutes ago.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #56614 on: November 10, 2020, 07:29:11 PM »

The grift is strong:

Donations made to President Donald Trump's "official election defense fund" would also be used to pay off the campaign's debt, according to the fine print on the donation pages.

A donation page that the Trump website links to encourages a donation to the "Official Election Defense Fund." The page reads: "President Trump needs YOU to step up to make sure we have the resources to protect the integrity of the Election!"

However, in the fine print lower on the page, it says 60% will go towards "the retirement of general election debt," and the remaining 40% will go towards the Republican National Committee's operating account. It is customary for national party committees, like the RNC, to be involved in election-related legal battles, according to The Wall Street Journal.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #56615 on: November 10, 2020, 07:34:47 PM »

A timely warning for 'next time'.
There will be much scrutiny.
Electoral office must make sure they get it all right absolutely...100% correct, every time.
States must make sure their systems are beyond reproach...every time.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56616 on: November 10, 2020, 07:41:23 PM »

A timely warning for 'next time'.
There will be much scrutiny.
Electoral office must make sure they get it all right absolutely...100% correct, every time.
States must make sure their systems are beyond reproach...every time.

The mythical Electoral Office you keep talking about.

You want even more people watching for this GOP invention.

Fool.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #56617 on: November 10, 2020, 07:43:34 PM »

Nobody accused states of not getting it right in 2016. 

Stop playing the sore loser.  Like this people:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-voters-what-happens-if-trump-loses-election-day-2020-11?jwsource=cl

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56618 on: November 10, 2020, 07:45:13 PM »

Hope nobody here is going to be trying to tell me that such folk are 'dumb, 'stoopid', 'ignorant, or any like thing.

Bachelor of Arts degree is not much good for growing, corn, soy beans, horses, goats in Kentucky.

I don't know about Australia but in the US when you apply for a job they ask you what your highest level of education is.

So "Best Educated" really means "how many years did you devote to formal education in high school, college, and post-graduate study".

I hope that helps.

---

And there are agricultural schools in the US as well.  You can get a Bachelors in agricultural science.

Biden began promoting a free college plan earlier this year that would allow a majority of students to attend public institutions tuition-free.

It would be community colleges.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #56619 on: November 10, 2020, 07:49:18 PM »

Only 4 GOP Senators have acknowledged that Joe Biden has won the election.

Susa Collins - Maine
Mitt Romney - Utah
Lisa Murkowski - Alaska
Ben Sasse - Nebraska

The rest are a bunch of spineless cowards.

And you're surprised? Hope not.

The GOP puts party before country.

Always.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56620 on: November 10, 2020, 07:50:47 PM »

I hope that helps.

---

It would be community colleges.

You don't read or listen very well. Has anybody mentioned that to you or are they too kind?

"In addition, President Biden will:

"Make public colleges and universities tuition-free for all families with incomes below $125,000."

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56621 on: November 10, 2020, 07:59:57 PM »

"Make public colleges and universities tuition-free for all families with incomes below $125,000."

Assuming this is actually going to happen, tell us what YOU think will happen if that goes forward.

What happens to families who make $125,001?, which btw, is not a lot of money in many states in the USA.

What happens to the colleges and universities, themselves? Do they become more selective, or less so?

Are jobs created from this circumstance?

How does this impact private colleges?

Doesn't this give the Feds that much more control over local education? If so, is that what most Americans want?

There are many questions surrounding this proposal.

Let's here your thoughts.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56622 on: November 10, 2020, 08:20:13 PM »

Some of what you ask about is spelled out in the plan from which I only took one sentence, but you asked for my thoughts, so here we go.

a) I don't see this passing until January, 2023.

b) Sliding scale about $125k, just like so many other plans are phased in/out. Not a deep secret.

c) Pretty sure this should increase selectivity in the flagship colleges for most states, while having a negligible impact on the less prestigious institutions.

d) It is less that I see jobs increasing as a result of this, though at those colleges they will, and more that I see a higher number of graduates prepared for the new jobs otherwise being created, assuming there is also a climate program of some sort.

e) We already have a major squeeze in the small, not-well-funded colleges in much of the US. I doubt this will help them to withstand the twin financial squeezes of rising costs and shrinking student body, but I am not sure that things will get all that much worse for them, given the projections I have already seen of their situation. Maybe a year or two's acceleration, but nothing on the grand scale.

f) Control over local education?! How do you figure?! Unrelatedly, I think, under both the latter Sec'y under Obama and Trump's deVos, the DoE tried to get involved in what a credit is and other such things. Under Trump, at least we have not seen the return of No Child Allowed Ahead.

I would not have guessed that anybody wanted federal control over local education, but NCLB proved me wrong.

barton

« Reply #56623 on: November 10, 2020, 08:39:13 PM »

This lying whistle blower has a gofundme!    His recanting his story isn't hurting the online donations either.  FOUL!!!!

What concerns me,  when I see this kind of stuff,  is the nasty aspect of bias which is found in lack of follow-up.  A story is printed that highlights charges of an outrageous nature, leaving the reader with the impression that something truly sordid and/or perfidious will eventually be found... then, when the charges prove false, perhaps never were credible, a biased media outlet will fail to cover that. Imagine if the Washington Post hadn't followed up on the story of the postal worker in Pennsylvania.  Imagine if you gets news from a source that just ran the clickbait,  but didn't bother with tonight's news which pours cold water on the clickbait.   Earlier facts are contested by later facts.  You cannot responsibly ignore later facts.  That, my friends,  is the most horrific threat to democracy and rule of law right there.   Selection bias.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56624 on: November 10, 2020, 08:41:36 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3773 3774 [3775] 3776 3777 ... 4288