Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3815 3816 [3817] 3818 3819 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1872609 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #57240 on: November 16, 2020, 03:11:06 PM »

Ms Ocasio-Cortez missing Max Rose already

It’s also personal personally very difficult because to lose these people, you know, many of them are my colleagues, and I’m proud to call many of them my friends, and the idea that they may not be returning next term, or that they aren’t returning next term, is extremely difficult on both just a personal and a policy and a political level," Ocasio-Cortez continued, according to Fox.

C'mon. lass - work across the aisle.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57241 on: November 16, 2020, 03:15:42 PM »

Proud Boy didn't toss a mat of firecrackers at a Trump group having dinner - nor did they sucker punch a pedestrian and repeatedly kick him in the head.

They were too busy stabbing people.

My hope is that those with weapons are arrested.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 03:17:16 PM by kidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57242 on: November 16, 2020, 03:19:13 PM »

I guess these guys and their cohorts are all just stupid, like afflicted Americans and their pals.

The World Health Organization has recorded 65 cases of the coronavirus among staff based at its headquarters, including at least one cluster of infections, an internal email obtained by The Associated Press shows, despite the agency's public assertions that there has been no transmission at the Geneva site.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57243 on: November 16, 2020, 03:26:12 PM »

Joe Biden's cancer charity spent more than $3 million on salaries and zero on cancer research and grants during a two-year period, according to tax filings.

Documents also show the Biden Cancer Initiative, founded by Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden and wife, Jill, after Joe's oldest son, Beau, died in 2015 from brain cancer, spent nearly $1 million on travel and conference expenses during that time.

The charity took in $4.8 million in contributions in fiscal years 2017 and 2018 and spent $3 million on payroll in those two years.

Gregory Simon, president of the Biden Cancer Initiative and former Pfizer executive, reportedly received $429,850 during the 2018 fiscal year, nearly double what he made in 2017.

Danielle Carnival, former chief of staff for Obama's Cancer Moonshot Task Force, was paid $258,207 in 2018.

The initiative, suspended in 2019 as Biden became further involved in the 2020 presidential election, was initially touted as an organization that would "develop and drive implementation of solutions to accelerate progress in cancer prevention, detection, diagnosis, research and care, and to reduce disparities in cancer outcomes

whew...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57244 on: November 16, 2020, 03:36:09 PM »

2018:
Total Revenue
$3,934,830
Total Functional Expenses   $1,795,163
Net income   $2,139,667

Notable expenses   Percent of total expenses
Executive compensation   $435,981   24.3%
Professional fundraising fees   $0   
Other salaries and wages   $810,397   45.1%

Remind me how much attention you paid to the Trump Foundation?

Has anybody from the Biden Foundation been accused of mishandling the money? Of buying a portrait of Biden which he then hung in his office at the golf course? Of donating money to an attorney general/candidate, who then changed a ruling in his favor?!

No?! Huh.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57245 on: November 16, 2020, 03:40:19 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #57246 on: November 16, 2020, 03:46:58 PM »

Joe Biden's cancer charity spent more than $3 million on salaries and zero on cancer research and grants during a two-year period, according to tax filings.

Documents also show the Biden Cancer Initiative, founded by Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden and wife, Jill, after Joe's oldest son, Beau, died in 2015 from brain cancer, spent nearly $1 million on travel and conference expenses during that time.

The charity took in $4.8 million in contributions in fiscal years 2017 and 2018 and spent $3 million on payroll in those two years.

Gregory Simon, president of the Biden Cancer Initiative and former Pfizer executive, reportedly received $429,850 during the 2018 fiscal year, nearly double what he made in 2017.

Danielle Carnival, former chief of staff for Obama's Cancer Moonshot Task Force, was paid $258,207 in 2018.

The initiative, suspended in 2019 as Biden became further involved in the 2020 presidential election, was initially touted as an organization that would "develop and drive implementation of solutions to accelerate progress in cancer prevention, detection, diagnosis, research and care, and to reduce disparities in cancer outcomes

whew...

Well, then this should really piss you off! From Charity Navigator, an extremely reliable source for assessing a charity.

On September 13, 2016, The New York Times reported on the operations of Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity that has announced intentions to dissolve, in an article titled, "New York Attorney General to Investigate Donald Trump’s Nonprofit." For this reason, we have issued a High Concern CN Advisory. For more information, please see The New York Times article.

On November 22, 2016, The Washington Post published an article titled, "Trump Foundation admits to violating ban on 'self-dealing,' new filing to IRS shows." For more information, please see The Washington Post article.

On December 24, 2016, The Trump-Pence Transition Team issued a press release titled, "President-Elect Donald J. Trump Intends to Dissolve the Donald J. Trump Foundation." For more information, please see The Trump-Pence Transition Team press release.

On December 24, 2016, The Washington Post published an article titled, "Donald Trump plans to shut down his charitable foundation, which has been under scrutiny for months." For more information, please see The Washington Post article.

On November 20, 2017, The Washington Post published an article titled, "Trump golf course reimbursed President Trump’s charity amid ongoing investigation into the foundation." For more information, please see The Washington Post article.

On November 21, 2017, TIME published an article titled, "President Trump Is Officially Dissolving His Charitable Foundation." For more information, please see the TIME article.

On June 14, 2018, the New York State Office of the Attorney General issued a press release titled, "Attorney General Underwood Announces Lawsuit Against Donald J. Trump Foundation And Its Board Of Directors For Extensive And Persistent Violations Of State And Federal Law." For more information, please see the New York State Office of the Attorney General press release.

On August 22, 2018, CNN published an article titled, "New York tax investigators subpoena Michael Cohen in Trump Foundation probe." For more information, please see the CNN article.

On August 31, 2018, PBS News Hour published an article titled, "New York’s attorney general says Trump Foundation bankrolled political campaign, pursues lawsuit." For more information, please see the PBS News Hour article.

On October 4, 2018, NPR published an article titled, "New York AG Presses Forward With Suit Against Trump's Charitable Foundation." For more information, please see the NPR article.

On October 25, 2018, The Star published an article titled, "No one wanted Trump’s portrait. So his charity had to buy it for $10,000, lawyer says." For more information, please see The Star article.

On November 23, 2018, The New York Times published an article titled, "New York State’s Lawsuit Against Trump Foundation Can Proceed, Judge Rules." For more information, please see The New York Times article.

On December 18, 2018, CNN published an article titled, "Trump Foundation agrees to dissolve under court supervision." For more information, please see the CNN article.

On February 11, 2019, CNN published an article titled, "Trump Foundation says NY AG's comments show lawsuit is political." For more information, please see the CNN article.

On February 27, 2019, CNN published an article titled, "Michael Cohen testifies that Trump paid for portrait with Trump Foundation funds." For more information, please see the CNN article.

On March 14, 2019, The Washington Post published an article titled, "NY attorney general: Evidence shows Trump misused charity." For more information, please see The Washington Post article.

On May 19, 2019, The New York Times published an article titled, "Deutsche Bank Staff Saw Suspicious Activity in Trump and Kushner Accounts." For more information, please see The New York Times article.

On November 8, 2019, USA Today published an article titled, "The final chapter: Judge's ruling that Donald Trump must pay $2 million to charities ends troubled foundation's saga." For more information, please see the USA Today article.

On December 10, 2019, The Washington Post published an article titled, "Trump pays $2 million in damages ordered by judge over misuse of charity funds, according to NY attorney general." For more information, please see The Washington Post article.

The concerns raised about organizational legitimacy and/or federal tax law compliance are serious both in nature and scope and have thus warranted this CN Advisory. We have published this advisory to provide donors with content that they may find useful when making their giving decisions. The views and opinions expressed here are those of the authors of sources used for the reported information, and not those of Charity Navigator. Charity Navigator is not responsible for the nature or content of the information presented through such external sources and websites. For more information on how or when we decide to publish a CN Advisory, please review our methodology.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=16764
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #57247 on: November 16, 2020, 04:03:06 PM »

We need Harrison Ford back on the job!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DkDGCI9fkc

Amish PAC raised $57,803 in the 2018 cycle and $181,762 in the 2020 election cycle. Of the funds raised for 2020, most came in small sums, but three donors accounted for about one-third of the total.

Frank "Scotty" Moran, who runs Moran Oil, gave more than $46,000 to the 2020 cycle. Reclusive Aspen billionaire Tatnall Hillman has contributed a total of $15,000. Christopher Carlino, who identifies himself in his filing as an "investor" and appears to be a partner in a Philadelphia construction firm, gave the group $10,000 on Sept. 11, 2020. Carlino does not appear to have made any political donations prior to June 2020, when he began giving to Trump, according to federal filings.

Though they are all Republican donors, internet searches conducted by Salon did not turn up connections between the three men and the Amish community.

(Weight loss industry mogul Jenny Craig also contributed $3,000, filings show.)

Carlino, Hillman, Moran, and Craig---not really the kind of surnames we associate with the Amish in PA.

https://news.yahoo.com/secretive-republican-group-called-amish-170535734.html

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #57248 on: November 16, 2020, 04:06:17 PM »

Seriously,
Is there any way...voter fraud (organised or not), mail fraud, electoral office fraud state or federal...any possible way, under the current system, that Trump won the election by millions of votes or any number of votes?
Rudy was shown on my tv tonite saying it is true.
Also another official looking woman on my tv tonite was saying it.

No.  Isn't it obvious Trump is saying whatever it takes to save face?  He alleged fraud months before the actual election so of course now he wants there to be evidence to back up his claims.  There is no evidence.

He said in 2016 that the election that year would be fraudulent (because like this year he did not think he could win) and there was no evidence of it then either.

He is a sore loser.  How is this not obvious?

It looks obvious, but over the decades of my long and mostly happy life I've learnt that what seems to be is not always what is.
If something is at all possible, sometimes it is what happens.
Hence my question.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #57249 on: November 16, 2020, 04:16:33 PM »

Every member of the Senate GOP caucus declined invitations to appear on "Meet the Press" this Sunday, according to the show's host Chuck Todd.

“We invited every single Republican senator to appear on Meet the Press this morning. They all declined," said Todd on Sunday's show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5-q90QaV5Q

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57250 on: November 16, 2020, 04:34:13 PM »

Seriously,
Is there any way...voter fraud (organised or not), mail fraud, electoral office fraud state or federal...any possible way, under the current system, that Trump won the election by millions of votes or any number of votes?

No.  Isn't it obvious Trump is saying whatever it takes to save face?  He alleged fraud months before the actual election so of course now he wants there to be evidence to back up his claims.  There is no evidence.

He said in 2016 that the election that year would be fraudulent (because like this year he did not think he could win) and there was no evidence of it then either.

It looks obvious, but over the decades of my long and mostly happy life I've learnt that what seems to be is not always what is.
Hence my question.

Sure

Just look at the predictable finish to Cards-Bills

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57251 on: November 16, 2020, 04:35:33 PM »

You'd be slightly more effective sans mouth, Fac.

Just some advice for your dealings in other locales.

Does that mean I’m no longer invited to your next cross burning & human centipede ritual?

That’s a shame.

I hear there’s no place in New Jersey for meeting gay subs who love being pelted with excrement.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57252 on: November 16, 2020, 04:35:53 PM »

Every member of the Senate GOP caucus declined invitations to appear on "Meet the Press" this Sunday, according to the show's host Chuck Todd.

“We invited every single Republican senator to appear on Meet the Press this morning. They all declined," said Todd on Sunday's show.

They weren't the only ones.

Not exactly a chocked show.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57253 on: November 16, 2020, 04:38:41 PM »

Seriously,

Hence my question.

Should the horrible scenario you envision come to pass, the non-quarantined members of the secret service will chuck trump down several flights of stairs before they start kicking him.

We are a nation of liberty after all. 

Also it’s the only way he has left for us to truly respect his authority.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #57254 on: November 16, 2020, 04:39:40 PM »

They weren't the only ones.

Not exactly a chocked show.

Worse than the entire GOP being gutless is your lame attempt to defend their cowardice.

Behave as expected.

heh
Pages: 1 ... 3815 3816 [3817] 3818 3819 ... 4288