Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3845 3846 [3847] 3848 3849 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604113 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #57690 on: November 20, 2020, 03:37:27 PM »

Brendan Morrow
Fri, November 20, 2020, 12:58 PM EST

Judge Merrick Garland is reportedly under consideration to serve as attorney general in President-elect Joe Biden's administration.

Garland, the federal appeals court judge who was nominated by former President Barack Obama to serve on the Supreme Court, is one of the candidates Biden is considering for the attorney general position, NPR reported on Friday.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57691 on: November 20, 2020, 03:44:23 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #57692 on: November 20, 2020, 03:50:43 PM »

On Trump inviting MI GOP lawmakers to the WH to try to subvert the democratic vote:

“What this president is doing unconscionable,” said former Bush administration official Christine Todd Whitman. “It is unacceptable. It’s un-American and it’s a dereliction of his duty.”

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said it was “not an advocacy meeting” and insisted Trump “routinely meets with lawmakers from across the country.”

Which one seems better plugged into reality.
Which one seems to be lying?

From today's NYT summary....

Mr. Trump has only weeks to make his last-ditch effort work: Most of the states he needs to strip Mr. Biden of votes are scheduled to certify their electors by the beginning of next week. The electors cast their ballots on Dec. 14, and Congress opens them in a joint session on Jan. 6.

Even if Mr. Trump somehow pulled it off, there are other safeguards in place to face the challenge, assuming people in power do not simply bend to the president’s will.

The first test will be Michigan, where Mr. Trump is trying to get the State Legislature to overturn Mr. Biden’s 157,000-vote margin of victory. He has taken the extraordinary step of inviting a delegation of state Republican leaders to the White House, hoping to persuade them to ignore the popular vote outcome.

“That’s not going to happen,” Mike Shirkey, the Republican leader of the Michigan State Senate, said on Tuesday. “We are going to follow the law and follow the process.”

Beyond that, Michigan’s governor, Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, could send Congress a competing electoral slate, based on the election vote, arguing that the proper procedures were ignored. That dispute would create just enough confusion, in Mr. Trump’s Hail Mary calculus, that the House and Senate together would have to resolve it in ways untested in modern times.

— David E. Sanger 

Gotta admit,  a part of me hoped that "Trump Administration" thread would be a sleepy little backwater by now.   And we'd be in a Biden thread, arguing matters like carbon credits,  assault weapons bans,  Medicaid expansions down to age 60, and pathways for Puerto Rican statehood.  Ha.   Nope,  we're still roasting in demagogue Hell.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #57693 on: November 20, 2020, 04:00:04 PM »

US Supreme Court overturns stay of execution in Texas.

Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan voted against

Texas, still killing human beings in chambers of death.
Premeditated, cold-blooded killing by the state.
Barbaric.
Total outrage.

Outrage coming from Convict Island!

They were sending their convicts to America, ...Virginia and the like...and only stopped when the USA was born.
Then, in 1788, their first convict ships arrived in Botany Bay.
Botany Bay, oh dear, no rolling green hills, no water, horrible.
So they sailed up the coast looking for better, and sailed into a magnificent deep water harbour...on 26th January..."Australia Day"...hoisted the Union Jack and claimed the country for Britain...on the shores of 'Port Jackson', now Sydney.
As luck would have it they stumbled onto a little fresh water stream "The Tank Stream"...sustained the colony.
The colony nearly didn't survive...but, as luck would have it, prisons in Britain/Ireland were emptied of female prisoners, they were packed into the ship "Lady Juliana" and transported to the colony.
Apparently they were lively lassies..."party time"!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 04:02:10 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

barton

« Reply #57694 on: November 20, 2020, 04:02:52 PM »

The only associations the companies [Smartmatic and Dominion] have ever had were:
- In 2009, Smartmatic licensed Dominion machines for use in the Philippines.  The contract ended in a lawsuit.
- In 2010, Dominion purchased certain assets from Sequoia, a private U.S. Company.  Smartmatic, a previous owner of Sequoia, pursued legal actions against Dominion.   

Doesn't really seem like "in cahoots" would describe the 2 companies.

Good god,  man,  when I was worrying over all the terrible possibilities of fraud and manipulation that our nation faced in November, who knew that we would face the hideous spectre of an American voting machine company brazenly owning assets which used to be owned by another company that was once owned by another voting company who founders included two people from Venezuela!!    Oh the humanity!

barton

« Reply #57695 on: November 20, 2020, 04:14:42 PM »

Nobody parties quite as hearty as women taken from debtors prison,  dumped in the dank reeking hold of a prison ship and fed moldy hardtack for months,  and then released to servitude in a poorly provisioned penal colony!  Woohoo!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #57696 on: November 20, 2020, 04:21:21 PM »

Nobody parties quite as hearty as women taken from debtors prison,  dumped in the dank reeking hold of a prison ship and fed moldy hardtack for months,  and then released to servitude in a poorly provisioned penal colony!  Woohoo!

Just ask Mrs. bambu.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #57697 on: November 20, 2020, 04:27:02 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/steve-bannon-chinese-billionaire-created-131003276.html

How Steve Bannon and a Chinese Billionaire Created a Right-Wing Coronavirus Media Sensation

This guy is a straight up traitor and should be tried, found guilty, then drawn, quartered and finally hung by his testicles.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #57698 on: November 20, 2020, 05:07:06 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/steve-bannon-chinese-billionaire-created-131003276.html

How Steve Bannon and a Chinese Billionaire Created a Right-Wing Coronavirus Media Sensation

This guy is a straight up traitor and should be tried, found guilty, then drawn, quartered and finally hung by his testicles.

More barbarity.
The state must never be given such powers   AGAIN.
Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #57699 on: November 20, 2020, 05:17:08 PM »

The nominee for Asshole of the Day is none other than Geraldo Rivera (Jerry Rivers to you, bambu!) for his stupidity:

Amid promising news on COVID-19 vaccine candidates, including one from Pfizer that could potentially start being distributed next month if all goes well, Rivera on Friday's Fox & Friends had a humble suggestion: the vaccines should be named after President Trump.

"With the world so divided, and everybody telling [Trump] he's gotta give up, and time to leave, and time to transition and all the rest of it, why not name the vaccine the Trump?" Rivera said. "Make it like, 'Have you gotten your Trump yet?' It would be a nice gesture to him."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-geraldo-rivera-suggests-144935913.html

Have you got your Trump, yet?

More like have you been immunized against Trump, yet?

barton

« Reply #57700 on: November 20, 2020, 05:18:35 PM »

Bambu,

I was going to point out the challenges of hanging someone by his testicles AFTER you've drawn and quartered him,  but figured it was meant as angry hyperbole.   

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #57701 on: November 20, 2020, 05:23:27 PM »

Bambu,

I was going to point out the challenges of hanging someone by his testicles AFTER you've drawn and quartered him,  but figured it was meant as angry hyperbole.

bambu is not up on his medieval torture. I left out the part about spinning him like a top while he hangs by his testicles.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #57702 on: November 20, 2020, 05:51:04 PM »

Jenna Ellis: "This is an elite strike force team on behalf of the president and the campaign to make sure that our constitution is protected."

ELITE STRIKE FORCE TEAM!

Because that's what you get when all the reputable law firms drop you in the space of a few days!

She can strike my force anytime. I find her quite attractive.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #57703 on: November 20, 2020, 06:11:28 PM »

Gotta admit,  a part of me hoped that "Trump Administration" thread would be a sleepy little backwater by now.   And we'd be in a Biden thread, arguing matters like carbon credits,  assault weapons bans,  Medicaid expansions down to age 60, and pathways for Puerto Rican statehood.  Ha.   Nope,  we're still roasting in demagogue Hell.
Two problems.
None of your cohorts in here have a clue about issues beyond hating Trump.
Second, and more important, the next Congress won’t have the democrat votes to advance any of those you listed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 06:13:01 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57704 on: November 20, 2020, 06:18:55 PM »

The nominee for Asshole of the Day is none other than Geraldo Rivera (Jerry Rivers to you, bambu!) for his stupidity:

Amid promising news on COVID-19 vaccine candidates, including one from Pfizer that could potentially start being distributed next month if all goes well, Rivera on Friday's Fox & Friends had a humble suggestion: the vaccines should be named after President Trump.

"With the world so divided, and everybody telling [Trump] he's gotta give up, and time to leave, and time to transition and all the rest of it, why not name the vaccine the Trump?" Rivera said. "Make it like, 'Have you gotten your Trump yet?' It would be a nice gesture to him."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-geraldo-rivera-suggests-144935913.html

Have you got your Trump, yet?

More like have you been immunized against Trump, yet?
Are any of them delivered anally?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 3845 3846 [3847] 3848 3849 ... 4288