Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3863 3864 [3865] 3866 3867 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595063 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #57960 on: November 23, 2020, 01:49:31 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57961 on: November 23, 2020, 02:04:12 PM »

Live coverage of the Michigan Board of State Canvassers meeting

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/23/will-michigan-certify-election-results/6388530002/

Former Board member Jeff Timmer's testimony is pretty compelling: This is not a decision of moment, but rather a mandatory execution of a task for which the group has no discretion, as has been pointed out to them by their Supreme Court in the past, after actions of Mandamus to compel them to do their job.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57962 on: November 23, 2020, 02:27:30 PM »

Norman Shinkle, one of the Republican members of the board who CNN has previously reported is likely to vote against certification, is not wearing a mask. Shinkle appears to be the only person in the room not wearing a mask.

What a doofus.

And how predictable.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57963 on: November 23, 2020, 03:41:53 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57964 on: November 23, 2020, 03:44:32 PM »

At a Target in Tulsa, somebody has too much time on their hands.

Time well spent!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #57966 on: November 23, 2020, 04:01:56 PM »

Our enemies do not need to use terrorism to succeed in destroying America, America is for sale, all that our enemies need to do is to buy America, and Americans are happily selling America, as the jobs leave the country, and as our streets over-flow with homeless people. And Americans will continue to sell America as more and more people end up homeless, and as more people end up on government aid. And now with the corona virus, our country is getting bad. Next they will take your freedom.

My advice is to get close with God, and to ally with the Roman Catholics, it is time to pick a team. I am not going to sit here homeless while all of the jobs leave the country. I am going to Italy.

America is being sold, and the people at the top do not care about the homeless in the streets. And I am at the bottom here, I am just a homeless dirt-bag. I am a good, honest, hard worker, and I was out there homeless on the streets for 2 years. Finally I had a nervous breakdown. It is all bullshit. People will wake up when everyone is homeless in our own country. For me, I refuse to sit here homeless. And I am tired of being a bum. And the people at the top do not care, and their children do not care, they are all selling out.

And if you need a business loan, get an honest business loan from the Bank of New York.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57967 on: November 23, 2020, 04:10:24 PM »

Former director of the National Tactical Officers Association endorses ending the practice of no knock warrants in policing.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5fbb128cc5b63d1b77046f0c

Also GM dropped out of trump’s suit against California emissions standards.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57968 on: November 23, 2020, 04:25:38 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57971 on: November 23, 2020, 05:02:55 PM »

Fauci: "Help is on the way"

Yes.  We are turning the corner.

Under Trump's watch.  His guidance.  His constant focus
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 05:04:27 PM by kidcarter8 »

oilcan

« Reply #57972 on: November 23, 2020, 05:04:53 PM »

Or want to pump kin full of virus.

I think we need to squash that kind of humor.

Topping that would be hard.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57973 on: November 23, 2020, 05:14:43 PM »

New panelist on THE FIVE (been on Fox News, just not this show) blurts out "Trump said to drink bleach" and is ridiculed like a profusely

I am certain he will be allowed back, as this show has always fairly allowed for such mistakes.

But he will be more cautious.

I will provide video if it comes available.

oilcan

« Reply #57974 on: November 23, 2020, 05:24:26 PM »

People blurting things on talk shows is news?   Why should we care.   In any case,  Trump comments on drinking bleach were public,  recorded,  and it's unequivocal what he said.   Why should people be cautious about pointing out the thoughtless words of a president?   Are you a fascist?   
Pages: 1 ... 3863 3864 [3865] 3866 3867 ... 4288