Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3873 3874 [3875] 3876 3877 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605107 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58110 on: November 24, 2020, 07:40:23 PM »

48,344 Americans died by suicide in 2020 under Trump
• 2nd leading cause of death for ages 10-34
• 4th leading cause of death for ages 35-54

260,000 and climbing Trump Virus deaths since March 2020

50 million Americans having trouble getting enough food

And the GOP couldn't be happier.

They are a criminal death cult. You can tell by the way they use the flag and the cross.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #58111 on: November 24, 2020, 07:41:43 PM »

"Disaster" is another word Red doesn't appear to know the meaning of.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58112 on: November 24, 2020, 07:47:33 PM »

Well it's nice that Red at least acknowledges physical distancing in social situations and fewer large gatherings works.
Who hasn’t?

You previously, but no point in showing you where. You would, as always, lie, deny, and obfuscate.

But at least for a rarity, you showed your point of contention.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58113 on: November 24, 2020, 07:53:35 PM »

What now happens to "Trump's wall"?
Let all the illegals in.  They are likely to vote GOP according to November exit polls.

Nice to see you admit that the GOP had so many illegal votes.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58114 on: November 24, 2020, 07:55:38 PM »

If we get all the conservative justices together at the trump hotel, they’ll all be dead from disease in a couple of weeks. That place is a cess pit. Faulty management is widely held to blame.

I'm not a big fan of murder, which that would be. Why do you suggest such things?

The decisions these republican justices make kill women, immigrants, workers, and anyone living down stream of thousands of polluting factories and extraction operations around the country. Their future decisions promise to kill many more based on their philosophy of replacing justice with injustice wherever possible. I’m suggesting expedient methods of stopping a murder spree in progress at the hands of lawless homicidal maniacs who have usurped the roles of the highest judges in the land.

Besides, Scott Atlas says there’s no harm to anyone in doing a little partying down trump style.

No, you're suggesting killing judges because you don't like their rulings. If you don't want those judges, work to change the law(s). Otherwise, you're advocating the same banana republican ideas that you claim to oppose.

I’m not seriously considering funding an event on a trump property anywhere. No one in their right mind would do that for a myriad of reasons.

If judges rule contrary to the letter an intent of the law to not only allow but encourage deadly practice for profit and lawlessness with impunity for their favored faction, laws and legal methods make for a weak response.

It’s not just judges who need to be removed from public life. Many law makers, executives, operatives, funders, talk entertainers, and lobbyists need to follow them into the same hole so, like trump’s wall, they can be reduced, reused, and recycled.

Oh...so who makes that judgement? You? What you're advocating isn't democratic.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58115 on: November 24, 2020, 07:57:17 PM »

The "President".

And the governor of South Dakota.  And that is the "President-Reject", btw.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:06:23 PM by UNO »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58116 on: November 24, 2020, 07:58:53 PM »

I remember a time when Republicans tangled in a building scandal used Amercian cloth to cloak themselves in respectaibility.

"Pat doesn’t have a mink coat. But she does have a respectable Republican cloth coat."

Poor Red, dissing respectable cloth, has fallen so far from what once passed as mainstream Republican.

I don't know if Red's tax cuts affords him mink, but I bet he's up to his eyebrows in Fox 

LMAO

I liked that one.

That is a good one, banks. But I'd amend it to "he's up to his eyebrows in Fox shit".

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58117 on: November 24, 2020, 07:59:32 PM »

Can't think of any fur-based jokes,  but I'm sure the crew here will pelt you with them.

They are likely to sprout, for sure.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58118 on: November 24, 2020, 07:59:40 PM »

The GOP has to be the biggest bunch of whiny sore losers in modern times!

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/republicans-sue-to-stop-wisconsin-vote-certification
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58119 on: November 24, 2020, 07:59:54 PM »

48,344 Americans died by suicide in 2020 under Trump
• 2nd leading cause of death for ages 10-34
• 4th leading cause of death for ages 35-54

260,000 and climbing Trump Virus deaths since March 2020

50 million Americans having trouble getting enough food

And the GOP couldn't be happier.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58120 on: November 24, 2020, 08:04:10 PM »

30k is a milestone for the Dow.
It is the 9th time this year it has broken a record and the 48th time in Trump’s term.
A reflection of the GOP stimulus via reduced taxes and abolishing Obama killer regulations on businesses.
The final boost came from Biden’s choice of Yellen at Treasury. The GOP couldn’t be happier.

The GOP couldn’t be happier...

People wait in their cars Thursday, at Traders Village for the San Antonio Food Bank to begin food distribution. 10,000 people seek San Antonio Food Bank help. William Luther/San Antonio Express News/ZUMA

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58121 on: November 24, 2020, 08:09:53 PM »

That's a very sad picture, Larry. I feel good about having spent the last 5 months making sure that the eldest seniors in my town have been getting food they need. And I feel badly that I have to do so, too.

Also, we are upping our donations to the food bank this year.

BTW, a very good charity for addressing this terrible problem is "Feeding America", found here on Charity Navigator.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=5271

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58122 on: November 24, 2020, 08:10:39 PM »

Anyone who supported trump with more than a vote has acted to reject every foundation our country stands for. They have severed themselves from the nation. Now that we have rejected trump and it is clear to all, we need to hold his attendant rejects to their severance lest they succeed in reinstating something in his likeness but in an even more debased and dangerous form.

Kiid is already clamoring for don jr to run in 2024. I’m frankly more worried about Tom cotton who seems to feel his destiny to command a whole army of psychos to kill off anything good, decent, and wholesome in the land. This type of shit needs to be nipped in the bud.

After March 2017, trump support could no longer be counted as an ignorant mistake but has to be interpreted as a malicious attack on The United States of America and treated accordingly.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58123 on: November 24, 2020, 08:16:14 PM »

Well it's nice that Red at least acknowledges physical distancing in social situations and fewer large gatherings works.
Who hasn’t?

You previously, but no point in showing you where. You would, as always, lie, deny, and obfuscate.

But at least for a rarity, you showed your point of contention.
LOL!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58124 on: November 24, 2020, 08:16:34 PM »

Anyone who supported trump with more than a vote has acted to reject every foundation our country stands for. They have severed themselves from the nation. Now that we have rejected trump and it is clear to all, we need to hold his attendant rejects to their severance lest they succeed in reinstating something in his likeness but in an even more debased and dangerous form.

YOU are off topic. And all over the map. All you are doing is trying to justify what you say you are against.

Kiid is already clamoring for don jr to run in 2024. I’m frankly more worried about Tom cotton who seems to feel his destiny to command a whole army of psychos to kill off anything good, decent, and wholesome in the land. This type of shit needs to be nipped in the bud.

Kid has nothing to do with what YOU wrote. Man up.

After March 2017, trump support could no longer be counted as an ignorant mistake but has to be interpreted as a malicious attack on The United States of America and treated accordingly.

Advocating killing judges is not something anyone who supports the US Constitution can defend arguing.

So, as un-American as Trump and many of his supporters are or have been, what you are saying is at least as un-American.

Act like you won the election. If you are for  a UNITED States of America, then it's best to start thinking of ways to bring people together. Your extremist identity politics serves a very different purpose.
Pages: 1 ... 3873 3874 [3875] 3876 3877 ... 4288