Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3879 3880 [3881] 3882 3883 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605334 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58200 on: November 25, 2020, 06:36:48 PM »

Ok onward to the Biden administration.

What social scientist told him to make this his top priority? Sounds like the same elitist liberal lost cause  that got the Donald elected 4 long years ago.
Please there is a pandemic going on with many unemployed and homeless.

---“I made a commitment, in the first 100 days, I will send an immigration bill to the United States Senate with a pathway to citizenship for over 11 million undocumented people in America,” Biden continued.---

You are NOT permitted to ask questions
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58201 on: November 25, 2020, 06:40:28 PM »

knicks

You're sounding like Jenna Ellis

"Your question is fundamentally flawed, when you're asking, 'where's the evidence?' You clearly don't understand the legal process" -- Jenna Ellis

Here we go.

I drop an old bit on the idea Republicans sell shit by beating white people over the head with a manufactured image of black people played on their TVs.

Where’s the lie?

It was my capstone project for grad
I got a B on the paper.

I’m making pies.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58202 on: November 25, 2020, 06:58:17 PM »

knicks

"Your question is fundamentally flawed, when you're asking, 'where's the evidence?' You clearly don't understand the legal process" -- Jenna Ellis

Here we go.

I drop an old bit on the idea Republicans sell shit by beating white people over the head with a manufactured image of black people played on their TVs.

Where’s the lie?

I got a B on the paper.

I’m making pies.

Jenna relax

I didn't say you lied.

I read your abstract and conclusion and thought the linkage was weak, but at first said, "stay out of it"

But when you rebutted Utley with "take a look around you" I thought  that was evasive and didn't answer his reasonable request for details about what you wrote in grad school (presumably decades ago).

So i thought I'd add my two scents.

And I did.

It reminded me of Jenne Ellis response to evidence.

I can understand why you got a B on the paper.

I hope you get an A on the pies.

Happy Thansgiving to you and your family.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58203 on: November 25, 2020, 07:10:46 PM »

Ok onward to the Biden administration.

What social scientist told him to make this his top priority? Sounds like the same elitist liberal lost cause  that got the Donald elected 4 long years ago.
Please there is a pandemic going on with many unemployed and homeless.

---“I made a commitment, in the first 100 days, I will send an immigration bill to the United States Senate with a pathway to citizenship for over 11 million undocumented people in America,” Biden continued.---

You are NOT permitted to ask questions

Nothing quite like watching the descendants of immigrants in a nation of immigrants debate the issues of the day.

Here’s to our welcoming pluralistic free society. Carry on, gentlemen. Carry on.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58204 on: November 25, 2020, 07:23:40 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58205 on: November 25, 2020, 07:52:15 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58206 on: November 25, 2020, 07:57:31 PM »

knicks

Here we go.

Where’s the lie?

I got a B on the paper.

I’m making pies.

Jenna relax

I didn't say you lied.

I read your abstract and conclusion and thought the linkage was weak, but at first said, "stay out of it"

But when you rebutted Utley with "take a look around you" I thought  that was evasive and didn't answer his reasonable request for details about what you wrote in grad school (presumably decades ago).

So i thought I'd add my two scents.

And I did.

It reminded me of Jenne Ellis response to evidence.

I can understand why you got a B on the paper.

I hope you get an A on the pies.

Happy Thansgiving to you and your family.

It wasn’t decades it was in 2014.

If you think it’s weak well, you may maintain that impression.

Meanwhile white resentment and grievance preserved the Senate despite its failure to serve the nation.

You know the worst thing about being the guy who makes 5he pies?

I won’t want not nary a bite tomorrow.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58207 on: November 25, 2020, 08:02:33 PM »

Banks,

Throwing insults and then closing with Happy Thanksgiving is rather unbecoming. Not a good look if you’re seeking your usual position atop some mythical moral high ground.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58208 on: November 25, 2020, 08:02:41 PM »

Thanksgiving Poll: 53% of Parents Say ‘Very Important’ for Children to Visit Family, 35% Say Worth the Risk of Virus Exposure

C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital conducted a national poll on family gatherings on Thanksgiving that reveals parents believe gathering with extended family is important for children to build relationships and take part in family traditions.

Mott reported on its poll, which surveys parents with children 0 to 12 years old:
Some parents describe competing and overlapping priorities for Thanksgiving 2020, with over half indicating it is very important that their child sees extended family (53 percent) and shares in family holiday traditions (58 percent), and three-quarters say it is very important to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at a family gathering (78 percent).

And then there is this:

Ac­cording to the Amer­i­can Au­to­mo­bile As­so­ci­ation, there could be as many as 50 mil­lion Thanks­giv­ing trav­el­ers this year, only 10% less than in 2019.

Why?
Americans are fed up with politicians who tell us what rules to follow then they pull rank and do what pleases them.
A partial list of hypocrites 

Chicago Mayor Lori Light­foot
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Phil­adelphia Mayor Jim Ken­ney
Wash­ing­ton Mayor Muriel Bowser
Sen. Di­anne Fe­in­stein of Cal­i­for­nia
California Governor Gavin Newsome
NY  Governor Andrew Cuomo
And
Barack Obama

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 08:06:06 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58209 on: November 25, 2020, 08:20:17 PM »

Have I mentioned to you folks that Ward lies and deceives, with almost any post of his that has content?!

35% Say Worth the Risk of Virus Exposure

Ac­cording to the Amer­i­can Au­to­mo­bile As­so­ci­ation, there could be as many as 50 mil­lion Thanks­giv­ing trav­el­ers this year, only 10% less than in 2019.

Why?
Americans are fed up with politicians who tell us what rules to follow then they pull rank and do what pleases them.

Only 35% think it's worth the risk. And you think that makes your point? Fool.

And on the subject of hypocrites, I offer you all Red State Ward:
https://newsroom.aaa.com/2020/11/fewer-americans-traveling-this-thanksgiving-amid-pandemic/

AAA anticipates at least a 10% drop in travel – the largest one-year decrease since the Great Recession in 2008.
However, as the holiday approaches and Americans monitor the public health landscape, including rising COVID-19 positive case numbers, renewed quarantine restrictions and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) travel health notices, AAA expects the actual number of holiday travelers will be even lower.

“The wait-and-see travel trend continues to impact final travel decisions, especially for the Thanksgiving holiday,” said Paula Twidale, senior vice president, AAA Travel. “The decision to travel is a personal one. For those who are considering making a trip, the majority will go by car, which provides the flexibility to modify holiday travel plans up until the day of departure.”
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58210 on: November 25, 2020, 08:31:34 PM »

Banks,

Throwing insults and then closing with Happy Thanksgiving is rather unbecoming. Not a good look if you’re seeking your usual position atop some mythical moral high ground.

Knicks you confused honest criticism of your conclusion as I thought the conclusion was not supported by what you presented in the abstract, with animus on my part.

There was no animus. I disagreed with you.

But I did mock you with the Jenna comp as I thought it fitting and current. 

I can be critical of an opinion and still wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

So have a Happy Thanksgiving.

And save some room for the pies.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58211 on: November 25, 2020, 09:03:57 PM »

NRA reports alleged misspending by current and former executives to IRS

After years of denying allegations of lax financial oversight, the National Rifle Association has made a stunning declaration in a new tax filing: Current and former executives used the nonprofit group’s money for personal benefit and enrichment.

The NRA said in the filing that it continues to review the alleged abuse of funds, as the tax-exempt organization curtails services and runs up multimillion-dollar legal bills. The assertion of impropriety comes four months after the attorney general of New York state filed a lawsuit accusing NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre and other top executives of using NRA funds for decades to provide inflated salaries and expense accounts.

The tax return, which The Washington Post obtained from the organization, says the NRA “became aware during 2019 of a significant diversion of its assets.” The 2019 filing states that LaPierre and five former executives received “excess benefits,” a term the IRS uses to describe executives’ enriching themselves at the expense of a nonprofit entity.
[/size]

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58212 on: November 25, 2020, 09:09:03 PM »

?
A partial list of hypocrites 

Chicago Mayor Lori Light­foot
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Phil­adelphia Mayor Jim Ken­ney
Wash­ing­ton Mayor Muriel Bowser
Sen. Di­anne Fe­in­stein of Cal­i­for­nia
California Governor Gavin Newsome
NY  Governor Andrew Cuomo
And
Barack Obama

http://www.poemuseum.org/the-masque-of-the-red-death

Thanks for trying to assemble a list of the leaders who are helping to steer America toward a brighter future despite constant pushback from our assholes and our idiots.

In honor of you, Red, I’m donating to every active politician and to the foundation or endorsed cause of everyone else on your list. Except for Diane. Her share is going to AOC, or as you won’t live to call her, Madame President.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58213 on: November 25, 2020, 09:22:51 PM »

Have I mentioned to you folks that Ward lies and deceives, with almost any post of his that has content?!

35% Say Worth the Risk of Virus Exposure[/size]

Why?

Actually it gives me great pride that most Americans are not as ill-informed  as you.

https://newsroom.aaa.com/2020/11/fewer-americans-traveling-this-thanksgiving-amid-pandemic/

AAA anticipates at least a 10% drop in travel – the largest one-year decrease since the Great Recession in 2008.
Wow!  10 per cent!
Americans just told the politicians to go fuck themselves 
By extension that includes you, Josh.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 09:26:37 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58214 on: November 25, 2020, 09:33:38 PM »

35% Say Worth the Risk of Virus Exposure[/size]

Why?

Actually it gives me great pride that most Americans are not as ill-informed  as you.

Wow!  10 per cent!
Americans just told the politicians to go fuck themselves 
By extension that includes you, Josh.

You still can't read.

And you are still a lying asshole.
Pages: 1 ... 3879 3880 [3881] 3882 3883 ... 4288