Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3896 3897 [3898] 3899 3900 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605130 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58455 on: November 28, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »

These petty squabbles are unappealing and unending.

To change the subject:

Is Trump the greatest mass murderer in US history? 
Discuss.

You may remember I broached that assertion several weeks ago and naturally BANKS  attacked me because I alluded to the evil motherfuckers deliberately letting this virus spread unchecked to Nazis and a final solution.

And banks kicked the shit out of knicks on that discussion.

Nobody ever kicks the shit out of anybody in these discussions, no matter how much we posture otherwise.

Josh-You're wrong, facts and well constructed arguments win debates.

That one side doesn't understand they got destroyed in a debate doesnt alter the fact.

Yeah, it really does.

One of the reasons the "fact" is impacted by my position about "kicking the shit out of" another poster is that we are prone to cognitive bias, making it very hard for us to accept the other's position.

We don't even accept one another's facts, let alone "well constructed arguments." Nor are these debates.

I know that Ward is a lying sack of shit who refuses to accept science - but that he ignores evidence ("No, I don't - YOU ignore evidence!") and lies and denies and whatnot has absolutely zero impact on him. I have not "kicked the shit out of him[/i], even if I have made him look foolish to (almost) everybody else here.

He's uninjured and his reputation unchanged.

Josh we disagee.

We both use facts in our discussions and attempts to persuade. You with Red and me recently with knicks.

And there is generally a more persuasive side, a winner as it were in these discussions.

You probably feel the same way otherwise you wouldn't have spent so much time trying to convince Red of your arguments.

Pity you wasted so much of your time.

I'm mostly sorry I wasted my time, too.

I find Larry far more responsive to reason than you do, let alone than Ward or Kid.

I find your characterization of him to be quite off base at times - the claim that he found humor in gassing people or in the specific gasses would be a simple example of a place I think you grossly misinterpreted.

Then again, I also disagreed with you about his use of "final solution," so I suppose that is not a surprise.

And nothing you said here provides a counter to my point about the lack of impact on the other party means you have not "kicked the shit out of them." Not even to the extent that Elmer Fudd was blasted!

But I have presented my arguments. You will likely insist that I am wrong. I can live with that.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

oilcan

« Reply #58456 on: November 28, 2020, 05:28:34 PM »

I didn't read Larry's comments as diminishing gas chambers,  but rather as rhetoric to underscore that passive methods can be horrific,  too.   I think some of you just relish picking on someone,  and making every disagreement a zero sum game.   

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #58457 on: November 28, 2020, 05:29:41 PM »

I didn't read Larry's comments as diminishing gas chambers,  but rather as rhetoric to underscore that passive methods can be horrific,  too.   I think some of you just relish picking on someone,  and making every disagreement a zero sum game.

Yes.   Some come here just looking for a fight.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58458 on: November 28, 2020, 05:33:57 PM »

Banks, this is three of us who largely have no beefs with you offering a different perspective.

At least one of us is Jewish.

Give it some thought, please.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:35:31 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58459 on: November 28, 2020, 05:35:39 PM »

These petty squabbles are unappealing and unending.

To change the subject:

Is Trump the greatest mass murderer in US history? 
Discuss.

You may remember I broached that assertion several weeks ago and naturally BANKS  attacked me because I alluded to the evil motherfuckers deliberately letting this virus spread unchecked to Nazis and a final solution.

And banks kicked the shit out of knicks on that discussion.

Nobody ever kicks the shit out of anybody in these discussions, no matter how much we posture otherwise.

Josh-You're wrong, facts and well constructed arguments win debates.

That one side doesn't understand they got destroyed in a debate doesnt alter the fact.

Yeah, it really does.

One of the reasons the "fact" is impacted by my position about "kicking the shit out of" another poster is that we are prone to cognitive bias, making it very hard for us to accept the other's position.

We don't even accept one another's facts, let alone "well constructed arguments." Nor are these debates.

I know that Ward is a lying sack of shit who refuses to accept science - but that he ignores evidence ("No, I don't - YOU ignore evidence!") and lies and denies and whatnot has absolutely zero impact on him. I have not "kicked the shit out of him[/i], even if I have made him look foolish to (almost) everybody else here.

He's uninjured and his reputation unchanged.

Josh we disagee.

We both use facts in our discussions and attempts to persuade. You with Red and me recently with knicks.

And there is generally a more persuasive side, a winner as it were in these discussions.

You probably feel the same way otherwise you wouldn't have spent so much time trying to convince Red of your arguments.

Pity you wasted so much of your time.

I'm mostly sorry I wasted my time, too.

I find Larry far more responsive to reason than you do, let alone than Ward or Kid.

I find your characterization of him to be quite off base at times - the claim that he found humor in gassing people or in the specific gasses would be a simple example of a place I think you grossly misinterpreted.

Then again, I also disagreed with you about his use of "final solution," so I suppose that is not a surprise.

And nothing you said here provides a counter to my point about the lack of impact on the other party means you have not "kicked the shit out of them." Not even to the extent that Elmer Fudd was blasted!

But I have presented my arguments. You will likely insist that I am wrong. I can live with that.

I'm glad you seem understand my debating knicks (probably 6 times in Elbas history) is not terribly different than you debating Red everyday for the past 4 years.

And knicks is more responsive to reason than Red, but to get to responsiveness sometimes you have to debate.

I thought his comment on gas chambers and xyklon B in poor taste.

I can't imagine the blowback I'd get if I commented on the horrors of slavery in remotely the same way.

YMMV

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58460 on: November 28, 2020, 05:39:01 PM »

I'm glad you seem understand my debating knicks (probably 6 times in Elbas history) is not terribly different than you debating Red everyday for the past 4 years.

And knicks is more responsive to reason than Red, but to get to responsiveness sometimes you have to debate.

You may have noticed that I am working on far fewer responses to Red and Kid, let alone as much back and forth.

I sometimes now respond with facts for others to absorb.

I am still enflamed by Kid's callous, aggressive denial of facts of people's deaths, but working on that. too.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58461 on: November 28, 2020, 05:40:48 PM »

Banks, this is three of us who largely have no beefs with you offering a different perspective.

At least one of us is Jewish.

Give it some thought, please.

Perhaps they do not share the same sensitivity to the holocaust as I do.

Fwiw,when knicks and I first had the covid-final solution discussion a couple of months ago (whenever) Kam seemed to idicate as I recall that the comp was in really poor taste.

And Ftr, it wasn't me who dredged up that topic today to reopen that distaeful discussion. Knicks for reasons unknown wanted to talk about 6 million dead Jews.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 05:46:53 PM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58462 on: November 28, 2020, 05:45:38 PM »

You may have noticed that I am working on far fewer responses to Red and Kid, let alone as much back and forth.

I am still enflamed by Kid's callous, aggressive denial of facts of people's deaths, but working on that. too.

I think facts and a well turned phrase is a decent start to having intelligent conversations. That you attempt it with red or kid is a testament in your faith in change.

Again I've only had a small handful of arguments (maybe 6) with knicks.

I just think it pretty funny, after years of you hectoring Red, you're telling me I should lay-off knicks.

But I will.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58463 on: November 28, 2020, 05:47:47 PM »

"If not for COVID, Trump gets re-elected"

Thanks for finally agreeing, Bank.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58464 on: November 28, 2020, 05:49:03 PM »

I think facts and a well turned phrase is a decent start to having intelligent conversations. That you attempt it with red or kid is a testament in your faith in change.

I just think it pretty funny, after years of you hectoring Red, you're telling me I should lay-off knicks.

But I will.

Knicks = Biden

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58465 on: November 28, 2020, 05:52:29 PM »

COTDT

Or just angry at everyone and everything after a particularly sad life event.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58466 on: November 28, 2020, 06:02:25 PM »

"If not for COVID, Trump gets re-elected"

Thanks for finally agreeing, Bank.

I'm not aware I've argued with you on that point.

In fact, I do recall you praised Trump for all he did re covid.

And on that we disagreed.

IMO Trump's ineptitude and indifference and lies re the disease was enough to do him in.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58467 on: November 28, 2020, 06:04:35 PM »

But I will.

Knicks = Biden

Ok, boomer.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #58468 on: November 28, 2020, 06:06:01 PM »

In Kansas, 368,770 people are struggling with hunger...and of them129,780 are children.
1 in 5 children struggles with hunger. People facing hunger in Kansas are estimated to report needing $181,639,000 more per year to meet their food needs.

feedingamerica.org>Kansas

Will Joe be sending them food?
A  spaceship to Mars cost $4 billion...B for Billion.

I'm a donor to foodbanks.   Growing children that don't eat well become,  in a decade,  a burden on social services,  the justice system,  and health system.   I couldn't give one tiny turd about Mars.

IMO it's the responsibility of State govts, and the federal govt, to make sure that people in America are not starving to death, or hungry all the time.
You deserve praise for caring enough to donate to foodbanks.
Go woke, go broke.

oilcan

« Reply #58469 on: November 28, 2020, 06:11:28 PM »

COTDT

Or just angry at everyone and everything after a particularly sad life event.

I cannot find any acronym dictionary with COTDT in it.   Help us out here?   Call on the doctor,  Tom?   
Pages: 1 ... 3896 3897 [3898] 3899 3900 ... 4288