Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3898 3899 [3900] 3901 3902 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1594271 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58485 on: November 28, 2020, 07:06:21 PM »

"Small group of agitators" responsible for French unrest.

Imagine that.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58486 on: November 28, 2020, 07:38:10 PM »

Where did I find gas chambers and  ZyklonB funny?

In your off the cuff response to Utley

Similar results without the expense of contracting for gas chambers and zyklnB

Your casual indifference to the extermination of 6 million people was disgusting.

You should be ashamed of yourself for that.

Fuck off you pissy bitch.

LMAO

I told Josh I'd be nice to you

C+

We both use facts in our discussions and attempts to persuade. You with Red and me recently with knicks.

Banks, I would readily agree to facts, but you mistake your OPINION for facts when you’re hectoring me.

Knicks as demonstrated by your unwillingness to suppport your opinion with your data seems to contradict your sudden beliief in facts.

And

You recently compared an airborn virus , an act of nature to a 15 year demonic plan to exterminate European Jews (and other undesriables).

And IIRC you said that the difference was covid was more efficient in killing than poison gas and gas chambers.

I thought it little cold and callous at this time of we give thanks and count our blessings

But I guess you give thanks to different things that I do.

And knicks years in equity research taught me to back up my opinions with facts
old habits are hard to break
particularly good habits

What facts, Banks?

You’re disgusted by comparisons? Fine. That is an opinion.

“Knicks as demonstrated by your unwillingness to suppport your opinion with your data seems to contradict your sudden beliief in facts.”

I was unwilling to jump and dance to Utley’s tune.

You stepped in with your JENNA bullshit because I wouldn’t respond to UTLEY.

That is a fact, bud.

I posted the entire paper.

How much money has this Administration invested in spreading the Covid19 aside from the tax money send in transporting the president and providing personal security to the super spreader in chief?

So in eight months we’ve lost a quarter million people and riding through shear malfeasance.

Want to do a cost analysis on how much it cost kill a quarter million people?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58487 on: November 28, 2020, 07:41:08 PM »

LMAO

I told Josh I would be nice

C+

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58488 on: November 28, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »

The FACT is every time Banks wants to go ape shit on me it is NEVER about facts

It’s about how I refuse to bend to his will.

I’ll never argue a fact but I’ll wrestle you to the floor over some bullshit option.

BTW

Enough of the Anti Semite bullshit.

Going by the American rules of race I’m more Jew than Sammy Davis was.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58489 on: November 28, 2020, 07:52:29 PM »

You recently compared an airborn virus , an act of nature to a 15 year demonic plan to exterminate European Jews (and other undesriables).

And this is where you leave the land of facts, Banks.

It was not the airborne virus and "act of nature" that was the comparison, no matter how frequently you insist that it was.

It was the intentional withholding of aid by the federal government after Jared realized that it was predominantly hitting blue states and especially Blacks that was compared to Hitler's efforts, while acknowledging that it was not the same.

And you are unlikely to admit that, either, because you don't back down very well.

But that was what happened in multiple views, even if you don't see it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58490 on: November 28, 2020, 08:07:42 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/28/politics/pennsylvania-state-supreme-court-election-case/index.html

Another GOP bogus case down the tubes:

Pennsylvania Supreme Court dismisses another election case brought by Republicans

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court dismissed a lawsuit Saturday night from US Rep. Mike Kelly and other Republicans, after they had tried to invalidate absentee voting and block the certification of votes in recent weeks.

The dismissal adds to a growing number of losses in court for Republicans and supporters of President Donald Trump, who have tried to attack voting systems in the wake of President-elect Joe Biden's victory. The lawsuits have failed almost uniformly.

The court was unanimous in deciding against Kelly and others, and refusing to block vote certification on Saturday. Five of the seven judges wrote that they believed the lawsuit had been filed far too late, a year after absentee voting procedures had been established in the state and weeks after millions of Pennsylvanians voted in good faith.

"It is beyond cavil that Petitioners failed to act with due diligence in presenting the instant claim," the court wrote in its majority opinion.

The high court said the Republicans couldn't reconfigure their complaints and try again.

Lower courts in the state had said the lawsuit, which was filed weeks after Election Day, could stop counties from certifying votes, but that move had essentially become irrelevant.

Pennsylvania counties had already certified their vote counts, making Biden the winner of the battleground state by an 80,000-vote margin.

"Beyond cavil."

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 08:51:05 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58491 on: November 28, 2020, 08:50:12 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58492 on: November 28, 2020, 09:11:16 PM »

Report: Public School Enrollment Dropping Across The Country

Fewer students are enrolled in public schools across the country amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
According to The New York Times, Massachusetts public schools have seen 37,000 fewer students(4%) in North Carolina, 4 fewer students were enrolled, while in Massachusetts, specifically, enrollment for pre-kindergarten students is 30% lower over previous years, and enrollment for kindergarten-age students is 12% lower.
In some cases, the charter schools are taking them, in some cases privates and parochials,” Glenn Koocher, executive director of the Massachusetts Association of School Committees, told The New York Times in an interview. “The bigger tragedy is that some kids aren’t getting anything, because they’ve fallen off the map.
Across the Unites  in places such as Montana, Wisconsin, and Missouri, public schools are also experiencing a drop in enrollment. Last month, other news outlets reported a similar phenomenon in other areas, such as Utah, Washington, D.C., and Houston, Texas.
In New York City, which recently held optional in-person learning for some students for roughly two months, public school enrollment has declined about 3.2% from past years. The public school system has since closed for in-person learning.
The closures have been a blow to parents, many of whom have expressed outrage at Mayor Bill de Blasio’s decision to shutter schools.

Maybe the misguided actions of politicians closing schools will be a boon to legislators finally realizing that putting the educational needs of kids  into  the hands of parents fortified with vouchers will finally catch hold.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58493 on: November 28, 2020, 09:17:04 PM »

In a 3rd world dystopia maybe. Is that what’s in store for Ohio?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58494 on: November 28, 2020, 09:39:00 PM »

It was not the airborne virus and "act of nature" that was the comparison, no matter how frequently you insist that it was.

It was the intentional withholding of aid by the federal government after Jared realized that it was predominantly hitting blue states and especially Blacks that was compared to Hitler's efforts, while acknowledging that it was not the same.

And you are unlikely to admit that, either, because you don't back down very well.

Are you out of your fucking mind?

and thats a rhetorical question as you seem to be dancing to the tune of holocaust denial and I'm franky surprised.

But dance if you must.

No one is denying for a second that Trump fucked this up in all sorts of ways, from lieing, withholding information, denying science, providing no leadership on the issue, and seemingly encouraging ther spread for what he thought was for his political gain. He didn't want to hurt the economy or the market. He was half-right. The market miraculously held value. Of course it took the Fed and $3 trillion of stimulus to pump the motherfucker up.

But the comparison at the time that this was Trump's Final solution.

A Final Solution to what-pesky Democrats?

we'll just kill the libs!

I hate Trump almost as much as the next guy, but I don't beleive in fucking insane conspiracy theories.

Most understand what Hitler Final Solution was, at least the big picture.

it was the planned extermination of 10 million European Jews and other non-desirables, like gypsies, homosexuals.

And it exterminated about two-thirds of the European Jews.

It was planned, very specfic and an act of a mad-man, carried out over 15 or so years.

The comparison of the holocaust to trump's ineptitude handling the public health issues was gross and minimized the holocaust.

and Josh there is nothing for me to back down from those are facts and no amount of your bullshit misplaced condescension will change the sad history of either Germany from 1932-1945 nor America in 2020 when an airborne virus killed 250,000 (and rising) and that with a competent president providing competent leadership could have controlled.

As it was elsewhere.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:42:11 PM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58495 on: November 28, 2020, 09:46:55 PM »

I’ll never argue a fact but I’ll wrestle you to the floor over some bullshit option.

BTW

You do a real good achtung-you get the accent just right.

and its always about the facts, you just don't handle them or criticisms very well.

C+

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58496 on: November 28, 2020, 09:51:55 PM »

BTW

and its always about the facts, you just don't handle them or criticisms very well.

C+

We argue over your fucking opinions, not facts.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58497 on: November 28, 2020, 10:07:07 PM »

and thats a rhetorical question as you seem to be dancing to the tune of holocaust denial and I'm franky surprised.

But dance if you must.

No one is denying for a second that Trump fucked this up in all sorts of ways, from lieing, withholding information, denying science, providing no leadership on the issue, and seemingly encouraging ther spread for what he thought was for his political gain. He didn't want to hurt the economy or the market. He was half-right. The market miraculously held value. Of course it took the Fed and $3 trillion of stimulus to pump the motherfucker up.

But the comparison at the time that this was Trump's Final solution.

A Final Solution to what-pesky Democrats?

we'll just kill the libs!

I hate Trump almost as much as the next guy, but I don't beleive in fucking insane conspiracy theories.

Most understand what Hitler Final Solution was, at least the big picture.

it was the planned extermination of 10 million European Jews and other non-desirables, like gypsies, homosexuals.

And it exterminated about two-thirds of the European Jews.

It was planned, very specfic and an act of a mad-man, carried out over 15 or so years.

The comparison of the holocaust to trump's ineptitude handling the public health issues was gross and minimized the holocaust.

and Josh there is nothing for me to back down from those are facts and no amount of your bullshit misplaced condescension will change the sad history of either Germany from 1932-1945 nor America in 2020 when an airborne virus killed 250,000 (and rising) and that with a competent president providing competent leadership could have controlled.

As it was elsewhere.

Holocaust denial?

Motherfucker.

You’re a lying sack of shit.

You act as if this virus was just an “Oopsie!”  by an incompetent asshole and that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Donald Trump’s 2016 election campaign, with its vows to enforce state violence against Mexican immigrants, Muslims, and black Americans, was built on a promise to enforce terms of the racial contract that Barack Obama had ostensibly neglected, or violated by his presence. Trump’s administration, in carrying out an explicitly discriminatory agenda that valorizes cruelty, war crimes, and the entrenchment of white political power, represents a revitalized commitment to the racial contract.

But the pandemic has introduced a new clause to the racial contract. The lives of disproportionately black and brown workers are being sacrificed to fuel the engine of a faltering economy, by a president who disdains them. This is the COVID contract.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/americas-racial-contract-showing/611389/

You’re stuck in a cycle of denial to the point where you make up a fact and defend it as gospel.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58498 on: November 28, 2020, 10:09:05 PM »

BTW

C+

We argue over your fucking opinions, not facts.

No actually we debated your opinion, (the abstract and conclusion) when you would not provide facts when asked several  times.

I generally provide facts to support my opinions when I'm trying to make a case.

For example, in the above post I deflated your factless opinion that covid-19 was Trumps Final Solution by comparing it with the facts of the what most understand was Hitler's Final Solution.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58499 on: November 28, 2020, 10:12:33 PM »

Given that I have said nothing that touches within a country mile of holocaust denial, your issues with this are yours, not mine.

I'm done pretending that you and I are discussing anything in common.

You are inventing arguments out of thin air while denying straight forward statements. It's beyond "more sensitive to the holocaust than they are."

I will leave you to get your last word in, because you always want to get the last word in, then this topic is over.
Pages: 1 ... 3898 3899 [3900] 3901 3902 ... 4288