Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3955 3956 [3957] 3958 3959 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996334 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #59340 on: December 07, 2020, 02:20:28 PM »

“Biden has chosen one of the most respected infectious disease docs in the world,” Jen Kates, a senior vice president at the Kaiser Family Foundation, posted on Twitter Sunday afternoon in celebration of Walensky’s appointment. “She has a long history working on HIV and has, in the past year, become a tour de force in addressing COVID. She’ll take the helm of CDC at perhaps its most critical moment.”

I dont doubt her credentials

But where has she been nationally the past 11 months?
I don't doubt her credentials!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59341 on: December 07, 2020, 02:24:12 PM »

“Biden has chosen one of the most respected infectious disease docs in the world,” Jen Kates, a senior vice president at the Kaiser Family Foundation, posted on Twitter Sunday afternoon in celebration of Walensky’s appointment. “She has a long history working on HIV and has, in the past year, become a tour de force in addressing COVID. She’ll take the helm of CDC at perhaps its most critical moment.”

Working with other physicians and researchers, dolt.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?as_ylo=2020&q=rp+walensky+covid-19&hl=en&as_sdt=0,22
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59342 on: December 07, 2020, 02:25:09 PM »

On my tv  just now it was announced that Rudy has Covid-19, and is in the best of care.

Also, he was described as "eccentric"...and he was also quoted as saying that he can "smell crime".

He's lost his sense of smell, among other senses.

He cleaned up NYC...he had the good sense to do that.
New Yorkers should be eternally grateful.

Rudy and Bush were both doing terrible jobs. They had massive scandals spilling out of control and were both inches from being tossed out on their ears. 9/11 saved both unworthy men’s careers.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #59343 on: December 07, 2020, 02:25:25 PM »

Kid's browser blocks any site that has the word "scholar" in it.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59344 on: December 07, 2020, 02:26:50 PM »

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/528973-juan-williams-trump-is-feasting-on-a-dying-gop

I wish we had cause to believe this meant the GOP is dying. We were told the same things in a couple different previous elections, but without the promised result in the following election cycle.

It ought to mean that.

The combination of the vast numbers of elected GOP officials who refuse to publicly acknowledge both the Biden win and that the efforts by Trump to undermine our election system and to overturn the votes of the public and the inability or unwillingness of even those who were not never-Trumpers but who have called the president out for his lies and his efforts to acknowledge that this is exactly who the majority of the media have been pointing out that Trump is and always have been points to a group too bound to partisanship and bias to be put in a position of power again.

But the very democracy that I want protected means that this aggressively denialist set of GOP officials and their likely successors in that failed philosophy are going to continue to be a major presence in our process for a long time to come.

Sure, it isn't the "old" GOP and we could change the parties name to Grand Old Conspiracy Theorists, but the truth is that they ain't going away nor do they seem to be getting weaker.

The republican party is dead as a political party. It is still going strong as a death cult and a criminal enterprise.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/12/7/2000320/-Trump-s-demand-that-the-election-be-overturned-is-farce-but-Republican-complicity-is-not

We have to break their spirits and their finances, out their scams and scammers, explode their peccadillos, and tear down and rebuild the institutions that give them succor so they no longer find any shelter there.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59345 on: December 07, 2020, 02:27:16 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #59346 on: December 07, 2020, 02:28:25 PM »

Working with other physicians and researchers.

No national voice, which is strange.  Maybe she had things out there - and I didnt see.  I am open to reading any links you have.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59347 on: December 07, 2020, 02:29:03 PM »

Working with other physicians and researchers.

No national voice, which is strange.  Maybe she had things out there - and I didnt see.  I am open to reading any links you have.

Troll.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59348 on: December 07, 2020, 02:29:28 PM »

The refusal to admit publicly that Biden won has nothing to do with respecting the office of the president, let alone respecting the bot.

Sure it does

Bullshit.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59349 on: December 07, 2020, 02:30:14 PM »

Doing her fucking job.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #59350 on: December 07, 2020, 02:33:30 PM »

RE:  CDC in general

I think it would have been a great time to convince Fauci - no knock on his great career - to retire.  His name is so ingrained with the populace that

a)  if he doesnt appear in national press folks will wonder why and chase him for comment
b)  if he does speak - it may not be with the usual clarity you'd like on matters.

The incoming director needing to deal with Anthony's celebrity and at times loose cannon approach is not ideal for her.

I do admit Joe was in a tough spot - as if he went away from Fauci he may have appeared in alliance with Trump.

How to make AF a stuffed bear (cute but silent - a mascot of sorts) is now the best aim.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #59351 on: December 07, 2020, 03:15:15 PM »

"NO knock on his great career."

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59352 on: December 07, 2020, 03:15:54 PM »

In recognition of the 79th Anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor the White House is pleased to announce the completion of the Tennis Pavilion:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/first-lady-melania-trump-announces-completion-new-white-house-tennis-pavilion/

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #59353 on: December 07, 2020, 03:19:21 PM »

New "expert on MSNBC -

"Wear a mask"

What else, you fucking clown?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59354 on: December 07, 2020, 03:25:52 PM »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 3955 3956 [3957] 3958 3959 ... 4288