Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3962 3963 [3964] 3965 3966 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995885 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #59445 on: December 08, 2020, 02:20:31 AM »

Western Australia has opened its border to people from NSW state...WA border was closed on Apr 6.
Flights into Sydney today.
Happy reunions...grandparents, parents, adult children, small children, babies.
Hugs, hugs, more hugs, kissing, laughing, much expelling of air into faces. About 2 masks among 50 people shown on my tv news.
There is still supposed to be voluntary mask wearing...
and social distancing
Sheesh!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 03:53:04 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #59446 on: December 08, 2020, 04:30:09 AM »

Was reading the Times of India and glanced at their Coronavirus section.

There general recs:

Here's what you can do to keep your self safe
1. Wash hands frequently
2. Avoid crowded places
3. Avoid touching nose, eyes, mouth
4. Practice respiratory hygiene (this seems to be distancing)
5. Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms
Mask isn't required to be worn by all.  Only those with respiratory symptoms
(coughing or sneezing) need to use it to protect others from getting the virus.

Geez, so they have mask wearing down at 5th and handwashing first.
And they've never heard of people being pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic.
And don't mention that a mask also provides the wearer protection.

Completely shocking that a major newspaper in a hard hit country would be putting forth such poor and incompete and harmful CV messaging

As for Rudy, they should have required Rudy to wear a mask upon entering the legislative chamber in order to testify.
Fuck the idea that concerned lawmakers should leave.  The lawmakers were masked up and should have required Rudy to do so as well
Rudy has been all over the country, maskless, interacting with groups of people.  I'm just surprised he didn't get it earlier.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #59447 on: December 08, 2020, 10:10:11 AM »

[Ten Commandments of Logic]

Now that I've watched the entire first season of WW,  I can tell you (5) is the title of an early episode.   "Post hoc, ergo propter hoc. "   

The list could also include Argumentum ad verecundiam.  Which seems to be the entire argument of some Trumpistas.  Fearless leader said it,  so it must be true.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59448 on: December 08, 2020, 10:28:58 AM »

Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. more vaccine doses.
LOL!
Missed a few details but that is you.
I’m sure Joe will make things right.

Details?

Not according to Pfizer.

https://www.axios.com/pfizer-vaccine-trump-administration-gottlieb-161b9da7-d81b-40c4-8689-5a800090c91a.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59449 on: December 08, 2020, 10:52:10 AM »

President Trump called the speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives twice during the past week to make an extraordinary request for help reversing his loss in the state, reflecting a broadening pressure campaign by the president and his allies to try to subvert the 2020 election result.

DISCUSS.
At what point can we describe what Trump is trying as an attempted coup d'etat? Recounts are one thing, factually baseless law suits another, but the attempt to simply legislate around the vote should be shocking and repellant to everyone.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59450 on: December 08, 2020, 10:53:51 AM »

President-elect Joe Biden will nominate retired Army Gen. Lloyd Austin to serve as secretary of Defense, a source familiar with the process confirmed.

Austin would be the first Black Defense secretary in the United States. He previously served as the first Black chief of U.S. Central Command from 2013 to 2016.

Politico first reported Austin’s selection.

Biden has been under pressure to nominate a Black defense secretary, with Black leaders arguing he was falling short on diversity in his Cabinet as top positions filled up. Two other of the so-called “Big Four” Cabinet heads Biden has chosen are white: Antony Blinken as secretary of State and Janet Yellen as Treasury secretary.

With Defense secretary chosen, only the attorney general cabinet position remains open among the Big Four.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/529147-biden-to-pick-retired-gen-lloyd-austin-to-be-next-defense-secretary-report

DISCUSS.
I have the same reaction as I did with Mattis. There is a reason DoD is supposed to be led by a civilian.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59451 on: December 08, 2020, 10:54:32 AM »

Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. more vaccine doses.
LOL!

Details?

Not according to Pfizer.

https://www.axios.com/pfizer-vaccine-trump-administration-gottlieb-161b9da7-d81b-40c4-8689-5a800090c91a.html

"LOL"

Thank you for the follow-up article, Larry!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59452 on: December 08, 2020, 11:12:05 AM »

LOL!

Details?

Not according to Pfizer.

"LOL"

Thank you for the follow-up article, Larry!

The misinformation  and disinformation  in here is a microcosm of society.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59453 on: December 08, 2020, 11:12:27 AM »

And they shot Breonna in her bed.

uh-huh

I hope you get shot by a cop in your home though you really deserve to be raped for decades in prison.

I’ve had police come to my door because they had the wrong address. That was in the 80s.

Five years ago the same thing happened to my son in Chicago.

Of course! Anything that can happen has happened to you, Larry!

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #59454 on: December 08, 2020, 11:15:40 AM »

BTW, thanks to Larry for the Saturn Eating His Young,  which struck me as doubly clever,  given that version is by Goya.(there's a Rubens version,  but it's tamer, to the extent that any illustration of a man devouring a child can be tame)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59455 on: December 08, 2020, 11:16:34 AM »

President Trump called the speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives twice during the past week to make an extraordinary request for help reversing his loss in the state, reflecting a broadening pressure campaign by the president and his allies to try to subvert the 2020 election result.

DISCUSS.
At what point can we describe what Trump is trying as an attempted coup d'etat? Recounts are one thing, factually baseless law suits another, but the attempt to simply legislate around the vote should be shocking and repellant to everyone.

Totally agree!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #59456 on: December 08, 2020, 11:19:22 AM »

And they shot Breonna in her bed.

uh-huh

I hope you get shot by a cop in your home though you really deserve to be raped for decades in prison.

I’ve had police come to my door because they had the wrong address. That was in the 80s.

Five years ago the same thing happened to my son in Chicago.

Of course! Anything that can happen has happened to you, Larry!

Heh

Like a moth to flame.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #59457 on: December 08, 2020, 11:29:26 AM »

DISCUSS.

I take heart from the Cronos factor - like Trump's attacks on Kemp - and also by what seems to be shock and repulsion coming from Republican legislators.   But I'd say attempted coup is accurate.   

barton

« Reply #59458 on: December 08, 2020, 11:31:52 AM »

Happy Safe Harbor Day!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #59459 on: December 08, 2020, 11:35:23 AM »

DISCUSS.

YUP.

I've been bouncing the idea that DEAR LEADER is getting pretty fucking close to sedition. He's got a right to recount the votes and bitch, but asking Repub stooges to overturn elections is over the top, If after the EC makes Biden's win official. the fucking fascist is still yapping and inciting the Boogaloo Boys its time to engage-put the traitor on trial for sedition-the attempted overthrow of the lawful US govt.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 11:39:40 AM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 3962 3963 [3964] 3965 3966 ... 4288