Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3969 3970 [3971] 3972 3973 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1883324 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #59550 on: December 08, 2020, 07:53:43 PM »

So...

What did he say?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #59551 on: December 08, 2020, 08:06:05 PM »

He has a nice head start" - A daily death rate that has tripled in 7 weeks. A daily new cases rate that is 477% larger than it was less than 3 months ago. And the Thanksgiving surge is just about to get going.

Crock of shit, Kid.

Looking at things in relative terms is not your strong suit.

Nice celebration today in DC.  Thanks to the masses working so hard to get this vaccine approved and to the so many that will be doing great work on the distributing end.

No greater nation.

Trump took us from 15 cases to 15 million cases and is adding 1 million cases a week.

Lets pray that science and Biden is more effective than the criminal negligence of one of the greatest murderers in history.

You and Josh can't have serious conversation re. US and COVID if you harp on Trump and not the virus as a killer

What more evidence do you need that this thing was not going away easily?

Speaking only for myself, Sure we can as we can assign blame as we see fit and as it fits observation and the facts.

Josh and I and several other posters here had serious conversations months ago about Trump's inept leadership in trying to contain the virus. Trump's lies and misinformation helped spread the disease. His lies and non-leadership killed hundreds of thousands of Americans.

We are not responsible that you ignored or mocked those conversations months ago.

That you conflate a very contagious disease and Trump's wholly ineffective and indifferent leadership on the issue is just one more example of either your stupidity or your willingness to deflect Trump's complicity in the murder of 250-750k Americans,

Trump is complicit in the murder of hundreds of thousands of our neighbors. .

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #59552 on: December 08, 2020, 08:06:17 PM »

I don’t think you can access the internet without using some components that were somehow processed in China. If you are serious about your principles, bambu, we will miss your posts.

I bought a Microsoft wireless keyboard.
Just checked...yes, 'Made in China'.

Just bought a new 2021 diary...'Made in China'.
Just checked my Mickey Mouse clock...yes, 'Made in China'.
My brand name pop up magnifying glass...'Made in China'.

My principle...stop manufacturing everything in China.
Gee, a diary...bits of paper and cardboard stuck together.
Here's an idea, make a diary in America..."trade war diary"...'support America, buy this diary".

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59553 on: December 08, 2020, 08:07:02 PM »

You and Josh can't have serious conversation re. US and COVID if you harp on Trump and not the virus as a killer

Kid, "easily" is not the point and was never the point.

How can you deny that Trump's lying to the public did not have a deleterious impact on how his followers received the information?

How can you deny that Trump's refusal to aggressively promote both mask-wearing and social distancing did not exacerbate the existing problem?

How can you fail to see that when we are among the 10 worst in the world in deaths/capita and cases/capita that the United States must have done something wrong?

The refusal to address the rising cases, the insistence on promoting Thanksgiving, the continued holding of superspreader events... all of these are hallmarks of taking something that going to be challenging and making it into something extremely difficult and leading to hundreds of thousands dead more than we had to have.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 09:01:06 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59554 on: December 08, 2020, 08:08:41 PM »

He has a nice head start" - A daily death rate that has tripled in 7 weeks. A daily new cases rate that is 477% larger than it was less than 3 months ago. And the Thanksgiving surge is just about to get going.

Crock of shit, Kid.

Nice celebration today in DC.  Thanks to the masses working so hard to get this vaccine approved and to the so many that will be doing great work on the distributing end.

No greater nation.

Trump took us from 15 cases to 15 million cases and is adding 1 million cases a week.

Lets pray that science and Biden is more effective than the criminal negligence of one of the greatest murderers in history.

Speaking only for myself, Sure we can as we can assign blame as we see fit and as it fits observation and the facts.

Josh and I and several other posters here had serious conversations months ago about Trump's inept leadership in trying to contain the virus. Trump's lies and misinformation helped spread the disease. His lies and non-leadership killed hundreds of thousands of Americans.

We are not responsible that you ignored or mocked those conversations months ago.

That you conflate a very contagious disease and Trump's wholly ineffective and indifferent leadership on the issue is just one more example of either your stupidity or your willingness to deflect Trump's complicity in the murder of 250-750k Americans,

Okay, Jack McCoy.

Complicit. Yes. Manslaughter. Not murder.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59555 on: December 08, 2020, 08:21:56 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/louisiana-man-tortured-killed-toddler-215709282.html

A case like this is EXACTLY why we need to have capital punishment.

Use it sparingly, but use it when necessary.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #59556 on: December 08, 2020, 08:26:18 PM »

This is missing D-Day (2500+) and the 1918 pandemic's October, where enough died that likely several days would have made the count.

But it's also missing that last Thursday was probably around 3,100 dead according the IHME.

And you get the idea. There is a good chance that every one of those spots will be filled by COVID-19 except for #1 - I doubt Galveston will be exceeded, but certainly not pushed off the list, even if beaten. I pray.
What exactly is your point in figuratively comparing apples and oranges?
According to the CDC here are the top causes of deaths per year in the USA.

Heart disease: 655,381
Cancer: 599,274
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 167,127
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 159,486
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 147,810
Alzheimer’s disease: 122,019
Diabetes: 84,946
Influenza and pneumonia: 59,120
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 51,386
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 48,344

It figures out to an average of about 5,800 a day.

Get a grip.

Even if you attribute all 285,000 deaths SOLELY to COVID( which is not true) the average is about 850 a day.

(a) Pretty funny to be lectured about apples to oranges, then see what your post includes.
My post was an answer to your nonsensical garbage.

(b) Yes, all 285,000 deaths are COVID-19, despite your efforts to occlude the issue.
They are not
(c) As previously established, places like Florida deliberately undercounted the deaths.
So what?

(d) From first death from COVID-19 to now is 304 days. That would be 937.5 deaths per day, but going from first death in a disease is a pretty stupid way to calculate.
Then why did you calculate it that way?
Further, 285k is a pretty low number to use for this given that the disease hasn't stopped killing yet.
Well, then just make up another number. It is what you do best.
(e) We've pushed to address accidental deaths from cars by changing the laws. That includes fines for not wearing seatbelts. Why are masks different to you?
They aren’t. Never said they were . My priority is to avoid situations requiring a mask. But your digression proves you can’t defend the pointlessness of your original post.
(f) Most of want restrictions on the cause of a huge chunk of suicide deaths, too. You're opposed. "Go death!" says Ward.
I think this would be a good time to put up a picture of a squirrel as an answer to you,
I’ll spare the room the waste of bandwidth 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
This is what they want you to believe
« Reply #59557 on: December 08, 2020, 08:29:26 PM »

According to the Texas lawsuit:
The probability of former Vice President Biden winning the popular vote in the four Defendant States—Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and
Wisconsin (given the circumstances)-is less than one in a quadrillion, or 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #59558 on: December 08, 2020, 08:30:41 PM »

Crock of shit, Kid.

No greater nation.

Okay, Jack McCoy.

Maybe the first 1,000 deaths were manslughter, but Trump knew pretty early on, and before almost anyone else in this country how  contagious  and deadly this disease was. And his lies, misleading statements, and inability to deal honestly with a country in dire situation made a terrible situation worse, with a known deadly results.

That seems like premediatated mass murder.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #59559 on: December 08, 2020, 08:32:02 PM »

Maybe the first 1,000 deaths were manslughter, but Trump knew pretty early on, and before almost anyone else in this country how  contagious  and deadly this disease was. And his lies, misleading statements, and inability to deal honestly with a country in dire situation made a terrible situation worse, with a known deadly results.

Careful there.  Sounding exactly like Larry minus the holocaust hyperbole.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #59560 on: December 08, 2020, 08:39:11 PM »

Careful there.  Sounding exactly like Larry minus the holocaust hyperbole.

I've been on the Trump mass murderer train for awhile. Where we argued was Knicks had it as a targeted final solution, a final solution for what he was never quite clear, and in fact, the logic is all but non-existant as a solution that could possbbly work in Trump's favor in an election year.

If the dumb-fuck had listened to his scientists and doctors he'd probably be getting ready for a 2nd term.

But Trump was just stupid, inept and evil enough to think he could ignore the problen and it would go away by itself.

and the dumb fuck is going to kill 500-750K or so Americans.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 08:41:34 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59561 on: December 08, 2020, 08:40:25 PM »

I don’t think you can access the internet without using some components that were somehow processed in China. If you are serious about your principles, bambu, we will miss your posts.

I bought a Microsoft wireless keyboard.
Just checked...yes, 'Made in China'.

Just bought a new 2021 diary...'Made in China'.
Just checked my Mickey Mouse clock...yes, 'Made in China'.
My brand name pop up magnifying glass...'Made in China'.

My principle...stop manufacturing everything in China.
Gee, a diary...bits of paper and cardboard stuck together.
Here's an idea, make a diary in America..."trade war diary"...'support America, buy this diary".

You should be making these things yourself or stop using them. If you don’t set an example how can you expect anything to happen?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #59562 on: December 08, 2020, 08:58:09 PM »

A Boogie arrested in N. Jersey.

Possessed hollow points and oversized magazines with his 4 handguns

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59563 on: December 08, 2020, 08:59:46 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/louisiana-man-tortured-killed-toddler-215709282.html

A case like this is EXACTLY why we need to have capital punishment.

Use it sparingly, but use it when necessary.

More so trump, by federal firing squad. Banks provided just some of the most glaring evidence of why this is necessary and deserved.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59564 on: December 08, 2020, 09:03:03 PM »

My post was an answer to your nonsensical garbage.

No.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 3969 3970 [3971] 3972 3973 ... 4288