Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4008 4009 [4010] 4011 4012 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995239 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #60135 on: December 14, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »

Abrams wins.

Or does she lose?

Interesting.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60136 on: December 14, 2020, 02:10:41 PM »

Abrams wins.

Should have been TIME Person of the Year, though how Fauci missed such a tipin is beyond me.

What a protein coding gene has to do with it is beyond me, especially since they are expressly timeless!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #60137 on: December 14, 2020, 02:23:51 PM »

Pertaining to jobs in Southern California...

Rockwell is long gone now in the desert, and we no longer use the space shuttles, Boeing bought Rockwell I guess and then ended the shuttle program, no one fought to build spaceships in the desert, and the USA ended up sending our astronauts to space in Russian rockets instead of using our own awesome spaceships built locally. The people in the desert need to fight to bring the jobs back, maybe they can build new spaceships in Mojave with a new company, and they can train the workers at AVC. And Space X is not as cool as Rockwell was, and Rockwell created jobs in the desert.

Also, there was a Chevy Camaro factory in Van Nuys, it is long gone now, and those jobs were never replaced. Van Nuys needs a new Chevy factory, maybe they can manufacture electric Chevy Corvettes or something in Van Nuys.

And the movie business has been leaving California, they have been filming in Canada and other places. Hollywood needs to fight to bring the movie jobs back. And a new American movie studio can be built in Anaheim, and also maybe a studio in the desert, a lot of people love to film in the desert.

And we still have Disneyland, and Sunkist. Sunkist can hire the new immigrants to plant orange trees and to pick fruit, etc. We also have lots of great California wine, and great California cheese. California still has some great companies.

We still have a lot of great companies here in California, and we have great schools, but we need to fight to create new jobs and to keep the existing jobs from leaving. And we need to have good trade deals with China, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60138 on: December 14, 2020, 02:41:08 PM »

Small minds like yours yield few wonders.

Though some are capable of strenuous projection twice a day.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60139 on: December 14, 2020, 02:41:29 PM »

Tony, you keep reinventing history.

Boeing didn't end the space shuttle program. NASA did, at President Bush's command, following the Challenger disaster:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/02/02/why-did-nasa-end-the-space-shuttle-program/?sh=a144d13799f0
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #60140 on: December 14, 2020, 03:00:45 PM »

---Michigan Republican legislative leaders pulled a GOP lawmaker from his committee assignments Monday after the lawmaker hinted he was part of a group that sought to disrupt or otherwise undermine the Electoral College vote slated to happen at the Capitol this afternoon. ---

A lot of coocoos in Michigan?

Union labor cannot compete against Chinese near slave labor or cheap immigrant labor.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60141 on: December 14, 2020, 03:02:07 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60142 on: December 14, 2020, 03:03:19 PM »

---Michigan Republican legislative leaders pulled a GOP lawmaker from his committee assignments Monday after the lawmaker hinted he was part of a group that sought to disrupt or otherwise undermine the Electoral College vote slated to happen at the Capitol this afternoon. ---

A lot of coocoos in Michigan?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/12/14/gary-eisen-michigan-electoral-college-radio-interview/6537175002/

barton

« Reply #60143 on: December 14, 2020, 03:17:25 PM »

Abrams wins.

Should have been TIME Person of the Year, though how Fauci missed such a tipin is beyond me.

What a protein coding gene has to do with it is beyond me, especially since they are expressly timeless!

I nominate that your nerdiest joke ever,  Josh.   May your replications go smoothy,  and your replication forks never stall.  I assume you are a eukaryote.     Do you carry oats?   

Let the nerd-off commence...

barton

« Reply #60144 on: December 14, 2020, 03:19:18 PM »

Small minds like yours yield few wonders.

Though some are capable of strenuous projection twice a day.

All the movie theaters still in business are wooing him.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #60145 on: December 14, 2020, 03:22:48 PM »

He’s not too bad if you can lock him in a booth and somehow get him to stay quiet during the presentation.

Abrams wins.

I nominate that your nerdiest joke ever,  Josh.   May your replications go smoothy,  and your replication forks never stall.  I assume you are a eukaryote.     Do you carry oats?   

Let the nerd-off commence...

Charmed at the invitation, but strangely I think I’ll spin away.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #60146 on: December 14, 2020, 03:39:54 PM »

Boeing didn't end the space shuttle program. NASA did, at President Bush's command, following the Challenger disaster:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/02/02/why-did-nasa-end-the-space-shuttle-program/?sh=a144d13799f0

Someone dropped the ball, and instead of building our own awesome spaceships, we ended up sending our astronauts to space in Russian rockets.

And we did not need Elon Musk, we had Rockwell and Chevy instead of Space X and Telsa. Now Elon Musk is talking about taking the jobs from California and moving the jobs to Texas, and we should not have to depend on Elon Musk anyway, we can build our own spaceships and electric cars. We can tell Elon Musk, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out" and we can build our own spaceships and electric cars. California does not need Elon Musk, he can go to Texas right now and we can replace those jobs with our own companies. 

And NASA is staying in the desert, at Edwards, those jobs are staying in the desert. A lot of famous work has been done at Edwards. I know NASA is in Texas too, and in Florida, and in Alabama, etc, and everyone works together as a team. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwards_Air_Force_Base

Bush, NASA, Rockwell, Boeing, someone dropped the ball, and we should have never stopped building our own spaceships in the desert.

Rockwell was great.

I had a step-father who was a supervisor on the Space Shuttle program at Rockwell, and we went from the desert to Florida with the Shuttle program, our families built the Shuttle in the desert and then we went to Florida to launch it. Florida was great, it was like being on vacation the whole time, we lived on the beach in Cape Canaveral, at the Wind Jammer condominiums. We were all proud of the Shuttle program.

Rockwell was us, that company consisted of our families, Rockwell created great jobs that helped the workers to own great homes with swimming pools and to have good lives. Rockwell was us, it was my step-dad and my friends' parents, Rockwell created jobs for my community. When Rockwell was lost, a piece of our community was lost. And Rockwell needs to be replaced in the desert by locals and the workers can be trained at AVC, etc. We built our own spaceships before, and we can do it again, we do not need Elon Musk, he can leave now.

The people in the desert need to fight to bring the jobs back building spaceships in the desert, made by local companies with locally trained workers. 

And Chevy can build electric cars in Van Nuys.

We are smart people, and we work hard, we do not need Elon Musk.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #60147 on: December 14, 2020, 03:42:09 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60148 on: December 14, 2020, 03:49:13 PM »

Someone dropped the ball, and instead of building our own awesome spaceships, we ended up sending our astronauts to space in Russian rockets.

Bush, NASA, Rockwell, Boeing, someone dropped the ball, and we should have never stopped building our own spaceships in the desert.

"Someone dropped the ball."

Bush.

What is your difficulty in accepting that Bush ordered the program stopped?!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #60149 on: December 14, 2020, 04:08:21 PM »

If we hadn’t been subsidizing petroleum extraction and building wealth theft by the rich from the poor into the tax code, we would have had funds available to develop wonderful spaceships in CA and elsewhere, and to do many other fine things besides.
Pages: 1 ... 4008 4009 [4010] 4011 4012 ... 4288