Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4019 4020 [4021] 4022 4023 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995583 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #60300 on: December 16, 2020, 07:02:36 AM »

A lot of schools named after Abraham Lincoln were black schools.
Often in the South it was a sneering reference to the man they despised (and killed) who they felt destroyed their way of life (slavery economics and racial apartheid).

The equivalent in the North of putting crackers in a school named after Jefferson Davis (which didn't happen).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #60301 on: December 16, 2020, 07:16:38 AM »

I'd be putting 24 hr SWAT on the Memorial.

Which one?
 For how long?
   Who pays?

Lincoln.
Forever.
Washington pays.
Abe seems to be a national hero.
Wondered how long it was going to take them to get around to Washington.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #60302 on: December 16, 2020, 09:41:52 AM »

But... Kid will just believe you and not get the humor, Kam.

Now that I have responded to it so he can see it, anyway...

They want to be a victim without the bullying.  Don't work that way.

Sometimes it's useful to channel an angry Scotsman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ootNMaQiPM

(extremely NSFW)

barton

« Reply #60303 on: December 16, 2020, 09:46:28 AM »

News Item

The San Francisco Unified School District has decided to rename an elementary school named after California democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein.

Feinstein Elementary is just one  of 44 schools that will be renamed because the district deemed their namesakes "inappropriate" in October.

What did Feinstein do to incur the wrath of the District?

36 years ago when she was Mayor  she ordered the raising of  a Confederate flag in front of San Francisco City Hall.  The flag was a replacement for one that had been destroyed by protesters.

barton

« Reply #60304 on: December 16, 2020, 09:56:14 AM »

128,500 people voted on the first day of early voting in the general election.

168,800 people voted yesterday on the first day of early voting in the special election.

Let that sink in.

Sinks nicely, but not sure how that is going to play out in terms of voter demographics.  Seems like Dems are motivated,  but this is Georgia and there are plenty of motivated Repubs, too.   And what percent of them are the highly politicized MAGA brigade,  who have zero reservations about being breathed on or any physical discomforts from standing in a long line.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #60305 on: December 16, 2020, 10:16:22 AM »

Yet to be described/publicized shenanigans sure to be at the heart of 1/5 vote tally.

A). Who can/will vote?

B). How are they counted?

Operatives hard at work.

GET ME BRUNO GIANELLI!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 10:19:22 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60306 on: December 16, 2020, 10:21:26 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/politics/ron-johnson-senate-hearing/index.html

Let's have hearings about the election, because so much truth can be had from one of the president's lawyers.

He cannot reveal anything confidential. He cannot claim his client's case was flawed or stupid. And he cannot, himself, present any evidence that would demonstrate a problem with the election in that one state.

At least (so far) Senator Ron Johnson, who is having this fruitless display, says he's seen no reason (as yet) to challenge the election on Jan 6.

Given McConnell's request that no senator join the misguided House members who claim to believe that Trump won the entire election, that seems like a relatively safe position for Johnson to take. Relatively.

But will everybody heed McConnell's request? Rand Paul has not said what his plans are. Neither have Loeffler or Perdue. When will the winner(s) be seated if they defeat the incumbent? I doubt it will come before the 6th.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60307 on: December 16, 2020, 10:22:06 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/media/right-wing-media-mcconnell-reliable-sources/index.html

How did the pro-Trump media respond to McConnell's announcement yesterday?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #60308 on: December 16, 2020, 10:50:52 AM »

Pseudo-journalists will write anything,  so long as it makes a "story. "  And they will saturate their outlets with right-wing narratives,  preferring drowning any voices from the moderate or the Left over fostering any genuine open conversation.  Make no mistake,  clickbait media and Facebook will destroy democracy and public forums.   As the article notes, the RW are the most strenuous actors in cancel culture,  despite their claims of opposing it.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60309 on: December 16, 2020, 11:05:04 AM »

Yet to be described/publicized shenanigans sure to be at the heart of 1/5 vote tally.

A). Who can/will vote?

B). How are they counted?

Operatives hard at work.

GET ME BRUNO GIANELLI!

He’s hanging out with Leo...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #60310 on: December 16, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »

News Item

The San Francisco Unified School District has decided to rename an elementary school named after California democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein.

Feinstein Elementary is just one  of 44 schools that will be renamed because the district deemed their namesakes "inappropriate" in October.

What did Feinstein do to incur the wrath of the District?

36 years ago when she was Mayor  she ordered the raising of  a Confederate flag in front of San Francisco City Hall.  The flag was a replacement for one that had been destroyed by protesters.

Common_Squirrel
Ah yes, the squirrel.
Barton’s white flag signifying he has no intelligent counterpoint?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #60311 on: December 16, 2020, 11:38:15 AM »

I'd be putting 24 hr SWAT on the Memorial.

Which one?
 For how long?
   Who pays?

Lincoln.
Forever.
Washington pays.
Abe seems to be a national hero.
Wondered how long it was going to take them to get around to Washington.

Edison, New Jersey to be renamed.

Buttheadsville is the early front runner.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60312 on: December 16, 2020, 12:16:39 PM »

Larry, Larry, Larry.

Clearly you have yet to confront the bias and prejudice that your informs you pitiable soul.

Work on it, before you decide to continue to lecture others here, particularly in the uniquely hypocritical style of yours.

We all have faults. The difference between us? i recognize mine and try to work on them. And there's still much work to do.

But you? Your life is marked by a deep-seated anger and hatred. It's quite sad, really. Quite sad. And it's eating you up inside.

Get help.

Good luck, Larry. You'll need it.

How long have you been spilling this drivel in here?

You’re getting back to the level of hysteria when you told me I could ease my pain by killing myself.

Watch your tone, boy. These days those kind of communications can be prosecuted.

Only Larry would see someone encouraging him to cope and get help for his anger issues as a threat.

Such a victim.

Bruh...

Youre not encouraging shit. You’re trying to make yourself feel better at my expense. That would require me giving a shit.

Give it up.

Dude. I don't use others to feel better about myself. That's for lesser mortals.

Don't worry. I lose no sleep over your sorry ilk.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60313 on: December 16, 2020, 12:26:37 PM »

Edison, New Jersey to be renamed.

Link?

Btw, there is a Buttzville, NJ. It's in the heart of NJTrump country, in Warren County.

You know, where the Klan rallies still take place.

Aptly named, it seems.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 4019 4020 [4021] 4022 4023 ... 4288