Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4020 4021 [4022] 4023 4024 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995888 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #60315 on: December 16, 2020, 12:37:37 PM »

Larry, Larry, Larry.

Clearly you have yet to confront the bias and prejudice that your informs you pitiable soul.

Work on it, before you decide to continue to lecture others here, particularly in the uniquely hypocritical style of yours.

We all have faults. The difference between us? i recognize mine and try to work on them. And there's still much work to do.

But you? Your life is marked by a deep-seated anger and hatred. It's quite sad, really. Quite sad. And it's eating you up inside.

Get help.

Good luck, Larry. You'll need it.

How long have you been spilling this drivel in here?

You’re getting back to the level of hysteria when you told me I could ease my pain by killing myself.

Watch your tone, boy. These days those kind of communications can be prosecuted.

Only Larry would see someone encouraging him to cope and get help for his anger issues as a threat.

Such a victim.

Bruh...

Youre not encouraging shit. You’re trying to make yourself feel better at my expense. That would require me giving a shit.

Give it up.

Dude. I don't use others to feel better about myself. That's for lesser mortals.

Don't worry. I lose no sleep over your sorry ilk.

Then you’re just being an asshole.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60317 on: December 16, 2020, 01:02:14 PM »

Larry, Larry, Larry.

Clearly you have yet to confront the bias and prejudice that your informs you pitiable soul.

Work on it, before you decide to continue to lecture others here, particularly in the uniquely hypocritical style of yours.

We all have faults. The difference between us? i recognize mine and try to work on them. And there's still much work to do.

But you? Your life is marked by a deep-seated anger and hatred. It's quite sad, really. Quite sad. And it's eating you up inside.

Get help.

Good luck, Larry. You'll need it.

How long have you been spilling this drivel in here?

You’re getting back to the level of hysteria when you told me I could ease my pain by killing myself.

Watch your tone, boy. These days those kind of communications can be prosecuted.

Only Larry would see someone encouraging him to cope and get help for his anger issues as a threat.

Such a victim.

Bruh...

Youre not encouraging shit. You’re trying to make yourself feel better at my expense. That would require me giving a shit.

Give it up.

Dude. I don't use others to feel better about myself. That's for lesser mortals.

Don't worry. I lose no sleep over your sorry ilk.

Then you’re just being an asshole.

Would you like the last word, Larry. Would that make you feel better about yourself?

Go ahead. Have the last word.

It'll be like shooting the last shot in a Knicks game. You still lose. But I guess you can pad your stats.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60318 on: December 16, 2020, 01:02:27 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #60319 on: December 16, 2020, 01:05:12 PM »

News Item

The San Francisco Unified School District has decided to rename an elementary school named after California democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein.

Feinstein Elementary is just one  of 44 schools that will be renamed because the district deemed their namesakes "inappropriate" in October.

What did Feinstein do to incur the wrath of the District?

36 years ago when she was Mayor  she ordered the raising of  a Confederate flag in front of San Francisco City Hall.  The flag was a replacement for one that had been destroyed by protesters.

Common_Squirrel
Ah yes, the squirrel.
Barton’s white flag signifying he has no intelligent counterpoint?

I don't know, what's the intelligent counterpoint to a decades-old story, stripped of context and linking documentation, and lacking in relevance to this thread? 

Keep your nuts warm. 

(Feinstein's Filipino evictions, and use of attack dogs, would have been a more sensible basis for taking her name off any institution)(maybe you could have posted that, in some forum where anyone gives a shit)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 01:10:21 PM by barton »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60320 on: December 16, 2020, 01:34:22 PM »

http://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/pressreleases/bcreg20201215a.htm

The Fed is moving itself toward the Green New Deal ahead of Congress. Good for them and for us.

Bambi, if you want our help with your China issues, you may have to leave your coal right where it is in the ground.

No can do right now, 50,000 jobs at risk.
Things to replace it will be invented in the future.
Massive batteries for example.

Get your coal people to get at your magnesium and your antimony instead. Those are two of the three components of liquid metal utility scale battery arrays that will be getting built in short order.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #60321 on: December 16, 2020, 01:44:56 PM »

Yet to be described/publicized shenanigans sure to be at the heart of 1/5 vote tally.

A). Who can/will vote?

B). How are they counted?

Operatives hard at work.

GET ME BRUNO GIANELLI!

That sounds right. 1/3 of votes tallied for any republican are sure to be purely shenanigans or colossal mistakes.

The simple solution, one any originalist can get behind, is to give each republican 3/5 of a vote.

This is the surest way to reach a fair and accurate final count in any federal state or local elections.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #60322 on: December 16, 2020, 02:28:04 PM »

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60323 on: December 16, 2020, 02:43:44 PM »

Welp...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/16/trump-appointee-demanded-herd-immunity-strategy-446408

According to the APM Research Lab, as of mid-September, “1 in 1,020 Black Americans has died (or 97.9 deaths per 100,000).” More than 200,000 Americans are confirmed dead from Covid-19, and a disproportionate number of them are Black.

https://www.apmresearchlab.org/covid/deaths-by-race
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60324 on: December 16, 2020, 02:46:30 PM »

Tell me again about left wing cancel culture and the assault on the free speech rights of conservatives...

https://www.mississippifreepress.org/7518/um-fires-history-professor-who-criticizes-powerful-racist-donors-and-carceral-state/

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #60325 on: December 16, 2020, 03:03:18 PM »

Speaking about people and their titles, this time last year we were partying back in Cancun celebrating my “middle child” marrying her husband.

In a room full of JDs, MDs, and a couple of PhDs you should have seen the dance floor when they bumped the opening bars of “Back Dat Ass Up!”

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #60326 on: December 16, 2020, 03:05:23 PM »

Speaking about people and their titles, this time last year we were partying back in Cancun celebrating my “middle child” marrying her husband.

In a room full of JDs, MDs, and a couple of PhDs you should have seen the dance floor when they bumped the opening bars of “Back Dat Ass Up!”

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #60327 on: December 16, 2020, 03:17:00 PM »

“What’s not legitimate is to overrule science,” he said.

Often, Mr. McGowan and Ms. Campbell mediated between Dr. Redfield and agency scientists when the White House’s requests and dictates would arrive: edits from Mr. Vought and Kellyanne Conway, the former White House adviser, on choirs and communion in faith communities, or suggestions from Ivanka Trump, the president’s daughter and aide, on schools.

Trump trashed a lot of gov't agencies -- CDC, EPA, Census Bureau, Post Office, etc. -- I hope there will be some accounting of the damage done.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #60328 on: December 16, 2020, 03:31:57 PM »

Please allow me to pop a jaunty little bonnet on Trump's agency policies and ram then up his shitter with a lubricated horse-cock!

Channeling Malcolm Tucker again.   Very cathartic. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #60329 on: December 16, 2020, 03:34:36 PM »

News Item

The San Francisco Unified School District has decided to rename an elementary school named after California democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein.

Feinstein Elementary is just one  of 44 schools that will be renamed because the district deemed their namesakes "inappropriate" in October.

What did Feinstein do to incur the wrath of the District?

36 years ago when she was Mayor  she ordered the raising of  a Confederate flag in front of San Francisco City Hall.  The flag was a replacement for one that had been destroyed by protesters.

Common_Squirrel
Ah yes, the squirrel.
Barton’s white flag signifying he has no intelligent counterpoint?

I don't know, what's the intelligent counterpoint to a decades-old story, stripped of context and linking documentation, and lacking in relevance to this thread? 

Ask the school district.  It appears to be as bigoted as you so
expect them to punt like you.
Pages: 1 ... 4020 4021 [4022] 4023 4024 ... 4288