Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4074 4075 [4076] 4077 4078 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1999456 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #61125 on: December 27, 2020, 12:39:51 PM »

AOC wasn't needed to "set an example".  She got vaccinated because she is a scared immature wussygirl.

Non mask wearing manly men die young.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #61126 on: December 27, 2020, 12:43:09 PM »

Tens of thousands of Chinese Covid victims disappeared with no trace.

Invisible spirits live in trees.

Both statements which are not capable of either proof or disproof.   

Hence dismissable.
Hence the censorship that gives you that  gutless  cover.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/world/asia/china-coronavirus-answers.html

What cover?   I have no idea if your statement is true or not.   Gutless would be blindly accepting it because partisan groupthink demands that I do.   China does horrible things.   China represses Uighurs.  China spies on its citizens.  China pollutes.   It doesn't follow China does every horrible thing its rumored to do.   Facts require evidence.

Paywall,  btw.   I've used up the free articles.
LOL

https://www.propublica.org/article/leaked-documents-show-how-chinas-army-of-paid-internet-trolls-helped-censor-the-coronavirus

Funny how you surpress the truth when it challenges your opinions

What truth was that?    I don't deem it  unlikely PRC did censor early covid mortality figures.  Heck,  even Florida tried that gambit.

But your link doesn't support your original comment that "Chinese covid victims disappeared with no trace, " which is all that I was contesting.   That's a stronger claim that the ProPublica article isn't making.   If bodies are vanishing from hospitals, never to be seen again,  with no family closure,  not even an urn of ashes,  please post anything you have and I will view it with an open mind.   

No one here disputes China manipulates social media,  censors data,  and propagandizes widely.   Your assertion of body-snatching, however,  needs more evidence.

barton

« Reply #61127 on: December 27, 2020, 12:48:02 PM »

AOC wasn't needed to "set an example".  She got vaccinated because she is a scared immature wussygirl.

Says the racist.

You know Kid has no rational arguments to make when he starts name-calling. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #61128 on: December 27, 2020, 01:40:32 PM »

Tens of thousands of Chinese Covid victims disappeared with no trace.

Invisible spirits live in trees.

Both statements which are not capable of either proof or disproof.   

Hence dismissable.
Hence the censorship that gives you that  gutless  cover.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/world/asia/china-coronavirus-answers.html

What cover?   I have no idea if your statement is true or not.   Gutless would be blindly accepting it because partisan groupthink demands that I do.   China does horrible things.   China represses Uighurs.  China spies on its citizens.  China pollutes.   It doesn't follow China does every horrible thing its rumored to do.   Facts require evidence.

Paywall,  btw.   I've used up the free articles.
LOL

https://www.propublica.org/article/leaked-documents-show-how-chinas-army-of-paid-internet-trolls-helped-censor-the-coronavirus

Funny how you surpress the truth when it challenges your opinions

What truth was that?    I don't deem it  unlikely PRC did censor early covid mortality figures.
EARLY figures ?  You don’t read very well. They are still censoring.
BODIDDLEY is likely one of their trolls.
  But your link doesn't support your original comment that "Chinese covid victims disappeared with no trace, " which is all that I was contesting. 
LOL
I won’t stoop to replying with a sea lion  pic. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #61129 on: December 27, 2020, 03:22:15 PM »

A redstate troll calling a longtime NYTimes/Elba contributor a troll is quite funny.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #61130 on: December 27, 2020, 03:37:29 PM »

A redstate troll calling a longtime NYTimes/Elba contributor a troll is quite funny.
You don’t read very well, either.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61132 on: December 27, 2020, 04:42:52 PM »

Says the racist.

You know Kid has no rational arguments to make when he starts name-calling.

I know Kid has no rational arguments, the vast bulk of the time.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #61134 on: December 27, 2020, 05:27:46 PM »

Ohio crackers are out of control.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/12/27/2004342/-Ohio-deputy-pastor-bragged-about-being-able-to-hunt-people-years-before-killing-Casey-Goodson-Jr

Shit be happenin'.

What a surprise.

It’s due to the broken ideas you lap up and attempt to promulgate.

Fix yourself.

You have spent way too much time on this planet being a total asshole. It has yet to do anybody any good.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61136 on: December 27, 2020, 05:44:59 PM »

Goodson was not a suspect or the focus of an investigation but Meade shot him reportedly for waving a gun from his car, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office alleged in a statement. Local activists, however, are questioning the official account of what happened, relying in part on statements from the victim's family that Goodson was shot three times in the back while carrying a Subway sandwich. He had just returned home from a dentist appointment, the family said.

ooooooooohhhh-kayyyyyy...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #61137 on: December 27, 2020, 05:48:36 PM »

My cat has disappeared without a trace.   

I blame China. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #61138 on: December 27, 2020, 05:55:10 PM »

LOS ANGELES — Two years ago, Democrats celebrated a sweep of seven Republican-held congressional seats in California as evidence of the party’s growing ability to compete in swing districts here and across the nation.

But this year, Republicans snatched back four of those seats even as Joseph R. Biden Jr. swamped President Trump in California. The losses stunned Democrats and contributed to the razor-thin margin the party will hold in the House of Representatives this January.

The turnaround is testimony to how competitive the seats are, particularly in Orange County, once a bastion of conservative Republicanism that has been moving steadily Democratic over the past 20 years.

But by any measure, the results were a setback for Democrats in this state and nationally, signaling the steep obstacles they will face in 2022 competing in the predominantly suburban swing districts that fueled their takeover of the House in 2018.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/26/us/california-republicans.html?auth=login-email&login=email

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #61139 on: December 27, 2020, 05:56:44 PM »

If someone has a Billion Dollars, I think there's a number of problems and system failures.  First off, likely their company was never properly taxed.  You know, billion dollar profits and paying zero in tax, a trick many Fortune 500 companies pull.  Second they're not paying a high enough rate of personal income tax, and a wealth tax could adjust that without changing their lifestyle one bit.  Third, billionaires have too much money and power to be able to buy politicians, and distort our political system.  Fourth, almost certainly their workers were underpaid, as corporate profits went to the executives.  So you get things like Bezos inching toward trillionaire status, while Amazon warehouse workers struggle on low-pay and have to work through the dangers of the virus.  Or Walmart employees needing food stamp assistance just to feed their families.  Billion dollar owners with workers supplementing their pay with gov't assistance to the poor.

Americans have worshiped wealth for far too long.  We need more of a we're all in it together approach.  Under-taxation, especially of companies, has meant there is too little money to help average people.  America is super-rich and there's no excuse for homelessness, a lack of social services and drug treatment, 40M without health insurance, large pockets of poverty, poor schools, crumbling infrastructure, etc.
Time for the USofA to get its priorities together.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 4074 4075 [4076] 4077 4078 ... 4288