Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4109 4110 [4111] 4112 4113 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1867896 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #61650 on: January 04, 2021, 10:14:42 AM »

Just stop, Barton.

With FAC we at least know its an act when he calls for prosecuting top officials.  You actually mean it.  Funny.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61651 on: January 04, 2021, 10:39:03 AM »

Election fraud uncovered! Here is clear and convincing evidence that election fraud has been committed in this election:

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-lessthanperfect-call-to-georgia-officials-could-also-be-a-crime-221455096.html

The whole thing was/is a mess.
Nothing to do with me in "no ID...vote early, vote often" land...but hopefully the US election system will be perfected by next time.
No, it was emphatically NOT a mess. Every official (Republican or Democrat) in charge of the elections, every official (Republican, Democrat, and non- partisan law enforcement agency) who has investigated the election, every recount and audit, every court hearing the matter has confirmed this. Trump being an authoritarian baby sore loser does not change this.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

barton

« Reply #61652 on: January 04, 2021, 10:45:52 AM »

Trump’s citing possible criminal charges for Raffensperger unless he produces a different election result in Georgia could be seen as extortion, which section 18, chapter 41 of the U.S. code expressly prohibits.  Daniel Goldman tweeted on this matter:

"It’s gonna be costly to you.” I’ve charged extortion in mob cases with similar language. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/danielsgoldman?ref_url=https%3a%2f%2fnews.yahoo.com%2ftrumps-lessthanperfect-call-to-georgia-officials-could-also-be-a-crime-221455096.html

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #61653 on: January 04, 2021, 10:48:09 AM »

Election fraud uncovered! Here is clear and convincing evidence that election fraud has been committed in this election:

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-lessthanperfect-call-to-georgia-officials-could-also-be-a-crime-221455096.html

The whole thing was/is a mess.
Nothing to do with me in "no ID...vote early, vote often" land...but hopefully the US election system will be perfected by next time.
There was no mess. Only Trump claiming it was.

There were ballots processed multiple times....missing ballots, confusion over postal ballots, confusion everywhere.
No, none of that happened, beyond unavoidable minor clerical glitches. You are as gullible a fool as kiid. Trumpettes have never produced any credible first hand information that anything like that happened. The.recounts.and audits.conducted by the states have shown these claims to be bullshit. You have simply bought into a fact-free desperate stab by a desperate would be autocrat who cannot admit losing.
The good thing about Trump's actions is that
... anyone who did not already know can see precisely what Trump and his congressional allies.are, and precisely what people like you are.

- William of Baskerville

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #61654 on: January 04, 2021, 11:03:17 AM »

It is beyond my comprehension.
Not only did Pelosi  eliminate gendered terms, such as “father, mother, son, and daughter” in...

FIFY
All you did was reinforce the stupidity of Nancy’s wokeness, a democrat icon who couldn’t even get a majority of the House to support her Speakership.
She will spend her lame duck term on her knees begging for GOP votes.

LOL!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #61655 on: January 04, 2021, 11:31:39 AM »

I hope Nancy speaks fluent German or Quanon.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61656 on: January 04, 2021, 12:17:27 PM »

Bo, the argument, made broadly, is that solicitation to commit election fraud is election fraud.

If solicitation to do so is a crime, then surely coercion to get somebody to commit election fraud is also a crime. Both of those things were heard to have been done - the first with the push to just say that they'd reexamined the results and now have a different conclusion; the second with the suggestion of criminal charges if they don't change things somehow.

From TPM in a visible part of a members only column:
It was pretty transparently clear that the source of the Trump-Raffensperger recording was Raffensperger and staff lawyer Ryan Germany. But it’s notable that in the follow-on reporting they aren’t being coy about it. They are basically saying, we’d been asked to commit illegal acts in earlier calls. It seemed prudent to record this call. Probably the best way to see this is that the two men decided to wear what amounts to a DIY wire.

I don't know any lawyers who deal with solicitation and coercion cases who feel that call was legal. That includes one former FEC lawyer.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61658 on: January 04, 2021, 12:39:30 PM »

No, none of that happened, beyond unavoidable minor clerical glitches. You are as gullible a fool as kiid. Trumpettes have never produced any credible first hand information that anything like that happened. The.recounts.and audits.conducted by the states have shown these claims to be bullshit. You have simply bought into a fact-free desperate stab by a desperate would be autocrat who cannot admit losing.

You are certainly in the dark about a few things - whether or not results change.

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61659 on: January 04, 2021, 02:03:21 PM »

It is beyond my comprehension.
Not only did Pelosi  eliminate gendered terms, such as “father, mother, son, and daughter” in...

FIFY
All you did was reinforce the stupidity of Nancy’s wokeness, a democrat icon who couldn’t even get a majority of the House to support her Speakership.
She will spend her lame duck term on her knees begging for GOP votes.

LOL!

Since she generally does her job at a rostrum, I fail to see how getting on her knees would help the process.  She would not be visible to the chamber, and the mike probably wouldn't pick up her voice. 
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

OliveOil

• You were such a super lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61660 on: January 04, 2021, 02:06:30 PM »

Trump’s citing possible criminal charges for Raffensperger unless he produces a different election result in Georgia could be seen as extortion, which section 18, chapter 41 of the U.S. code expressly prohibits.  Daniel Goldman tweeted on this matter:

"It’s gonna be costly to you.” I’ve charged extortion in mob cases with similar language. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/danielsgoldman?ref_url=https%3a%2f%2fnews.yahoo.com%2ftrumps-lessthanperfect-call-to-georgia-officials-could-also-be-a-crime-221455096.html

I think Teflon Don can probably slither out of an extortion charge there - not to say that it isn't worth bringing that charge.  Given the rest of that hour-long tirade of nutty theories and nonsequiturs, I would imagine the defense could seek an insanity defense. 
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #61661 on: January 04, 2021, 02:46:59 PM »

You are certainly in the dark about a few things - whether or not results change.
Please enlighten me with any evidence based "thing" that proves Trump's own Justice Department, Cyber Security agency, every election official in every state, and 60 some odd courts wrong.

- William of Baskerville

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61662 on: January 04, 2021, 02:59:45 PM »

You will be able to see yourself, should you like.

The investigation will go on long past APB's inauguration.

But if you want more answers than your press gives you now - the Georgia Senate hearings are available to all who look for them.  My guess is your interest level - however - wont have you sitting and listening to much of it.  Better to not really know - and I agree with you that the ends justify the means in politicking most of the time.

We won?  Cool - I dont care how.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61663 on: January 04, 2021, 03:01:23 PM »

If you dont agree with that last line - answer this -

If Republicans WERE to win tomorrow, would you just sit back and accept it - or want to read up on/discuss any of the charges put forth that there may have been shenanigans?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #61664 on: January 04, 2021, 03:32:36 PM »

I find it both extraordinary and depressing that as certain Repubs twist themselves in a knot about non-existant voter fraud and are calling for more investigations of a fair election that they lost. And in the process have fed all sorts of conspiracy theories, which do nothing but weaken national faith in our elections. But these same people did not raise a voice in protest as Texas Repubs tied to suppress the votes of Dems in Harris county, or when the USPS sabotaged the US mail to hamper mail-in voting, or when the Trump wants to stuff the ballot-box in Georgia.

Where is the outrage when the fraud is right in front of you?

Trump is a fucking authoritarian traitor to this country and should be dealt with as one.
Pages: 1 ... 4109 4110 [4111] 4112 4113 ... 4288