Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4168 4169 [4170] 4171 4172 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995918 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #62535 on: January 10, 2021, 01:45:31 PM »

So Amazon cuts web hosting for Parler.   

The only upside I can see to leaving such a platform up somewhere is that it helps law enforcement and hate group trackers (like the Southern Poverty Law Center) (or archivists like Bellingcat) to keep an eye on some of the worst whackos and give us some window into what sorts of loose bearings are rolling around inside their heads.    It's possible this shutting-down approach just leads to an interminable game of Whack-a-mole, as the whackos keep popping up in new platforms or even different media.   OTOH,  the numbers may drop, as the less-committed and the idle blowhards who were only up for idle venting wander off.  Maybe the fanatics end up on old CB radios.

"...first as tragedy, then as farce." 

barton

« Reply #62536 on: January 10, 2021, 01:45:55 PM »

Rope-a-pope?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62537 on: January 10, 2021, 01:53:36 PM »

Here's a House member who needs to go:
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #62538 on: January 10, 2021, 02:21:15 PM »

This years police have been told to be less forceful, more understanding, and less committed to violence.  Now they are under attack for not shooting on sight at the capital building. Prez elect says, somewhat cynically, we all know what would have happened if they were black. Probably the same exact thing.

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit

So can we expect four years of divisive race rhetoric and a further demonization of native born middle class American citizens?

---House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said that pro-Trump rioters who breached the Capitol on Wednesday "chose their Whiteness over Democracy."---

You would prefer the divisive race rhetoric of people like you, I understand, or of President Trump, or the rest of the GOP, and not truth.

Most white people are appalled by the capital invasion. Many do not approve of the mad donald and never did. Using it to promote a radical political agenda based on race is terribly wrong.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62539 on: January 10, 2021, 02:28:51 PM »

This years police have been told to be less forceful, more understanding, and less committed to violence.  Now they are under attack for not shooting on sight at the capital building. Prez elect says, somewhat cynically, we all know what would have happened if they were black. Probably the same exact thing.

So can we expect four years of divisive race rhetoric and a further demonization of native born middle class American citizens?

---House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said that pro-Trump rioters who breached the Capitol on Wednesday "chose their Whiteness over Democracy."---

Nancy was 100% correct.

Are you going to spend four more years pushing your divisive race rhetoric? Do you chose whiteness over Democracy?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62541 on: January 10, 2021, 02:33:19 PM »

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2467051/planning-and-execution-timeline-for-the-national-guards-involvement-in-the-janu/

The DoD is calling Jan 6th's events, "First Amendment Protests."

That's the kind of whitewashing of events that Kid and Luee seem to want.

Thanks for the link

Further implicates Mayor Bowser
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #62542 on: January 10, 2021, 02:52:52 PM »

White crooks and psychos in need of an alibi often try to find a Black person to displace their guilt on.

It is happening here and it happens all the time.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62543 on: January 10, 2021, 02:58:10 PM »

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2467051/planning-and-execution-timeline-for-the-national-guards-involvement-in-the-janu/

Thanks for the link

Only to you, who accepts without comment their "First Amendment protests" language, Kid, instead of looking at it as the self-serving line of crap that it is.

(I don't think she needs further implication, but I think *they* feel need to cover their fucking asses.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62544 on: January 10, 2021, 03:00:59 PM »

Thanks for the link

Only to you, who accepts without comment their "First Amendment protests" language, Kid, instead of looking at it as the self-serving line of crap that it is.

(I don't think she needs further implication, but I think *they* feel need to cover their fucking asses.)

I dont think the caption is the story.  You sadly do.

Doesnt matter what they call it - the prep and response is laid out.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62545 on: January 10, 2021, 03:03:13 PM »

You would prefer the divisive race rhetoric of people like you, I understand, or of President Trump, or the rest of the GOP, and not truth.

Most white people are appalled by the capital invasion. Many do not approve of the mad donald and never did. Using it to promote a radical political agenda based on race is terribly wrong.

"Many" do not approve of mad donald, but more than half did, Luee. Your comment about how "most white people" feel about the Capitol Building invasion/insurrection/attempted coup has no evidence behind it, as yet, not even something as questionable as a poll.

But you seem to have a difficulty grasping that even if a majority feel as you said, that does not change the motives behind the attacks.

And your claim that Biden is wrong about what would have happened had they been Black was disproven again and again when BLM had a planned rally vs. when the Fascists and Neo-Nazis had planned rallies, by who showed up.

Look at the Lincoln Memorial from this summer compared with the Capitol from Wednesday.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62546 on: January 10, 2021, 03:05:17 PM »

Thanks for the link

I dont think the caption is the story.  You sadly do.

Doesnt matter what they call it - the prep and response is laid out.

TITLE =/= caption.

The title is part of the story, rather than none of the story as you would have it.

And the purpose of the story is partially embedded in the caption, but the timeline, as a whole, as noted, is self-serving - I said that. You ignored it, claiming something demonstrably untrue (as usual).

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62547 on: January 10, 2021, 03:08:16 PM »

Most of the BLM protests had regular ordinary police departments.

After some were violent, forces started to go with heavier defense gear and weaponry.I am sure you are talking about the DC events alone - and that shows my point - that on Jan 6 they were seriously undermanned - - that the mayor fouled up.

Address that - or show your foolhardiness.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62548 on: January 10, 2021, 03:20:43 PM »

After some were violent, forces started to go with heavier defense gear and weaponry.I am sure you are talking about the DC events alone - and that shows my point - that on Jan 6 they were seriously undermanned - - that the mayor fouled up.

I addressed the events of Jan 6th multiple times, including what the Mayor requested to start with, Kid.

Foolhardiness? Hahahahaha! You, Luee, Bambu, and Ward have so tight a control on that trait that I couldn't get any if I tried.

Kid, the NG sent the requested people to DC, w/o weapons or riot gear, as previously indicated.

1) It took them THREE HOURS to change gears.
2) It took TWO HOURS for approval to come to the governor of Maryland.
3) HOW THE FUCK did they not have a back-up unit ready to go, even if they ignored all the intel that was publicly available about the event?!

Oddly enough, nothing in the timeline explains any of those three items or even pretends to.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #62549 on: January 10, 2021, 03:35:30 PM »

Kid is making the valid point that the time to lockup, disarm, deplatform, isolate, and dispossess all major white nationalist blowhards, including 70% of the GOP members of congress, state legislatures governors, the bench, newsmax, brietbart, OANN, and the whole opinion arm at faux, before they strike again, as they have both announced they will and have planned to do.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 07:15:18 PM by facilitatorn »
Pages: 1 ... 4168 4169 [4170] 4171 4172 ... 4288