Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4193 4194 [4195] 4196 4197 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605242 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #62910 on: January 13, 2021, 05:31:31 AM »

"Get Trump, get him, impeach him, get him, ruin him, make him pay!"
Niiice...turn him into a martyr.
Not what I'd be doing.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #62911 on: January 13, 2021, 06:04:57 AM »

And now the truth is revealed?
What is really going on in the world today?

Daily Telegraph:
13 January 2021

Opinion:

Anti-Trump social media purge modelled on China

A Chinese-style social credit system is being developed by tech giants working to silence conservatives, writes James Morrow.

For one brief, shining moment last week, the American Left was all in with supporting the police, cracking down on rioters and standing up for the ideals and institutions of the United States.

Now, barely seven days since the appalling attack on Washington, DC, they are back to their old, totalitarian selves, plotting purges of their enemies that sound like they could have come straight out of the Chinese politburo.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:06:14 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62913 on: January 13, 2021, 07:22:19 AM »

According to this, 18 per cent of Republicans support the rioters that broke through Capitol barricades on 1/6.

Hmmm...from Wikipedia (bold are my comments):

1:6 scale modeling, also known as playscale miniaturism, (perfect term for the secessionists, as they are playing war at a scale that reflects their miniature understanding of the USA and what it means to be an American[1] is a hobby focusing on the collecting and/or customization of commercially produced 1:6 scale action figures and accessories.[2]

The term "Playscale" originally represented the domestic, urban or civilian expressions of the scale, especially when coed, and not, usually, exterior genres, like military and adventure themes. (So, our toy soldiers are trying to overtake the vast majority of Americans, who will not tolerate insurrection. You want to play Davy Crockett? Fine, see what happened to his scrawny ass when he tried to keep slavery in the part of Mexico he and his ilk had invaded in order to grow cotton.)

This scale is fairly new to the modeling world, having been standardized in the early 1960s through Barbie and G.I. Joe toys (it is not clear exactly when these figures were first used for mainstream modeling purposes). Most of this style of miniaturism is constructed around posable plastic figures. The average 1:6 figure stands roughly 30 cm (12 in) tall, representing a 1.8 m (6 ft) tall human. (Truly the Trumpistas are small in mind, with their small scale war in mind, and their small handed leader to thank

But we do know this about the Trumpistas. In the end, they just want to model their heroes.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #62914 on: January 13, 2021, 07:56:09 AM »

All these wimpy unlawful entry charges don't seem to fit the seriousness of what occurred and what almost occurred.  As it was, members of Congress and their staff  had to hunker down and then escape a violent dangerous mob attack.   

DoJ says do not be misled by what you are seeing at the outset. They have a ton of very serious charges coming down the pike. And, they went on, don't think that because you made it home safely that you are in the clear.

I said the same thing initially. 
That more serious charges could be added later.

But:
1) these insurrectionist rioters are certainly more likely to get out on minimal bail if the initial charges aren't upped rather quickly.  I'd rather they spend some uncomfortable and unpleasant time in jail awaiting trial without bail contemplating their actions and beliefs, you know like poor minorities often do for minor offenses.

2) inertia sets in, expectations are lowered, and prosecutors will have to justify upping charges as the seriousness of the event fades some months from now.  I'd rather start with tough serious charges and later as needed plea bargain and drop any charges that are too strong for the actions in question.  Again, the way drug dealers and poor people and minorities are usually treated. 

Throw the book at them and then bargain down for guilty pleas or because evidence isn't enough for the harsh charges.  Hell, I even like bleeding lawyer fees out of these assholes trying to defend against insurrection charges.

Drop a conspiracy to commit sedition charge on everyone who unlawfully entered the Capitol and withdraw that stringent allegation as evidence dictates.
Maybe this will all sort itself out better next week after Biden takes control.  Hope Merrick is up for the task.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62915 on: January 13, 2021, 08:25:03 AM »

According to this, 18 per cent of Republicans support the rioters that broke through Capitol barricades on 1/6

An excellent mirror to this would have been asking Democrats if they supported the Atlanta Wendy's being burned to the ground.

Why the entire sitting gov't was meeting and conducting their constitutional duty in an Atlanta Wendy's no one is sure . . .

That is some stupid shit, even for kiid.
As though a violent and dangerous attack on the sitting Congress by thousands incited by the President was somehow equivalent to some random arson property damage a dozen people committed.

"excellent mirror" -- fuck me, get a better brain.
You're degree of stupid and disingenuousness has reached the level of parody.
A hardcore Trump supporter and apologist.  Disgusting.

"I am such a schmuck"  - Donald J. Trump
While it is an idiotic and dangerous false equivalence, it is worth noting that the number of.Democratic politicians who supported the Atlanta Wendy's being burned to the ground is, functionally, zero.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #62916 on: January 13, 2021, 09:32:22 AM »

I presume kiid got that comparison from some rightwing site and thought it was clever.  Or, less likely, that he's dumb enough to have thought it was insightful on his own.

Otherwise (otherdumb?), it's easy to be identified engaging in insurrection when your are 6'6" and wearing your Olympic team jacket:
https://thecomeback.com/olympics/klete-keller-olympic-jacket-capitol-invasion.html
He's fired and will no doubt face charges.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62917 on: January 13, 2021, 09:48:20 AM »

And now the truth is revealed?
What is really going on in the world today?

Daily Telegraph:
13 January 2021

Opinion:

"Opinion"

Not truth.

Learn to tell the difference.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62918 on: January 13, 2021, 09:56:29 AM »

I presume kiid got that comparison from some rightwing site and thought it was clever.  Or, less likely, that he's dumb enough to have thought it was insightful on his own.

Otherwise (otherdumb?), it's easy to be identified engaging in insurrection when your are 6'6" and wearing your Olympic team jacket:
https://thecomeback.com/olympics/klete-keller-olympic-jacket-capitol-invasion.html
He's fired and will no doubt face charges.

"He had been working for commercial real estate firm Hoff & Leigh in Colorado Springs, but his name and biography were removed from the company’s website late Monday. The company said in a statement Tuesday that Keller had resigned from his position."

Deleted social media, stopped accepting messages, not answering phone...

I wonder if he had the foggiest that any of that was coming when he joined the crowd.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #62919 on: January 13, 2021, 10:15:00 AM »

http://thebulwark.com/they-laughed-it-off/

You can see how kid gets his shit stains from his “thought” leaders.

Interesting that was written by a former Ted Cruz staffer.  She's been in the belly of the beast.   The video clarifies the still pic Larry posted a few days ago.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62920 on: January 13, 2021, 10:18:59 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/asia/sinovac-covid-vaccine-efficacy-intl-hnk/index.html

The Chinese vaccine's working less well than advertised in Brazil, which is causing some concern.

Also from the southern hemisphere, a continent away, comes this:
https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-01-13-21/h_72b49505b2e7a57b0b156101f16e62a7

Scientists fear 'escape mutant' in Covid variant from South Africa might decrease vaccine efficacy

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62923 on: January 13, 2021, 10:38:53 AM »

https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-electoral-college-tally-live-updates/2021/01/12/956254491/republicans-lash-out-against-new-security-measures-at-the-capitol

"You are creating a problem you do not understand the ramifications of," Arkansas Rep. Steve Womack was heard yelling at police who were conducting the check, according to a press pool report.

Whether Rep. Womack's bizarre position or the GOP Reps who went around the metal detectors yesterday because they didn't want to wait their turn, I have to ask what the GOP's problem with these is!

Especially since these are the same folks advocating increased use of metal detectors for schools in lieu of actual gun control measures to protect our children.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #62924 on: January 13, 2021, 10:48:42 AM »

Very clever of the global Jewish conspiracy, the way they replaced Aaron Mostofsky with a Jew,  apparently via time travel.   Now I'm concerned I'll wake up in the morning and find I'm Jewish.   And a caveman.   Oy veh!   

The investigations are going to be tricky separating the real bad actors from the dimwit tourists who were just following a crowd,  taking selfies,  and swiping souvenirs.   The best principle is:  the fish rots from the head.   
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!
Pages: 1 ... 4193 4194 [4195] 4196 4197 ... 4288