Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4199 4200 [4201] 4202 4203 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584212 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63000 on: January 14, 2021, 12:27:13 AM »

Any Republican Senators who vote to convict Trump in the impeachment can forget about ever running for President or Vice President in the future.

So, you think better they vote based on selfish interests than the good of the country?

How terribly consistent of you!

Many of the faithful would likely see them as traitors and never vote for them.

Which is not even slightly responsive to what I asked.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63001 on: January 14, 2021, 12:42:15 AM »

Any Republican Senators who vote to convict Trump in the impeachment can forget about ever running for President or Vice President in the future.

So, you think better they vote based on selfish interests than the good of the country?

"Look after yourself first in this world,  son...because nobody else will".
They each should be doing the best thing for themselves.

What would I do?
Now there's a good question.
The best for team bambu, for sure and certain. Whatever that might be.
It might be that I'd be too sick to attend the senate that day..."violently ill with terrible food poisoning."

Good of the country?
The country would not fall on my one vote.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:47:23 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63002 on: January 14, 2021, 12:49:06 AM »

What would I do?
It might be that I'd be too sick to attend the senate that day..."violently ill with terrible food poisoning."

Good of the country?

If you were in government, it is possible that your one vote would determine if a president was removed from office or not.

That's the issue - do you pursue your own power-seeking agenda or do you do what is better for the country?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63003 on: January 14, 2021, 12:51:30 AM »

False news.

I was fooled.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:50:24 AM by josh »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63004 on: January 14, 2021, 12:53:46 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63005 on: January 14, 2021, 01:05:35 AM »

The more that comes out, the curiouser it all looks - but the less random or happenstance, as well.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63006 on: January 14, 2021, 01:10:39 AM »

https://news.yahoo.com/stop-steal-organizer-says-several-015900814.html

The Stop the Steal organizer claims to have had help from GOP congressmen Paul Gosar and Andy Biggs of Arizona, and congressman Mo Brooks of Alabama in planning of the Jan. 6 catastrophe.

Do you believe him?!

I believe he believes he did - yes

That's the Sammy Davis Jr-looking cat?
He's a bit of a nutjob, referencing wiccans and witches putting curses on him as he hid out form the Feds.  He also has consistently offered up veiled threats of another 1776 -- meaning violent revolution -- if Trump isn't the next president.  Marj Taylor Greene, a Qanon supporter, also keeps mentioning 1776.

The Congress needs a purge of disloyal and insurrectionist members.  If you can't honor your loyalty oath to the Constitution and advocate violence and try to thwart a peaceful transfer of power you don't belong in a position of power in the gov't.

The little bearded guy in the Q t-shirt, who harassed and chased the black Capitol policeman, is David Jensen of Iowa.  He wanted to be in front to show off his Qanon T-short so Q would get credit for the Capitol attack.  He also professes that Q is either Trump himself or someone very close to Trump.

I haven't really looked into the Q phenomena as it seemed too dumb and paranoid.  But isn't it rather circular and unnecessary for Trump himself to be Q?
A genuine question as I haven't really followed it much and don't know how weirdly that would complete any sort of fucked up puzzle.  It does sound like a good twist ending reveal if one were writing some fiction about Qanon.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63007 on: January 14, 2021, 01:11:21 AM »

What would I do?

Good of the country?

If you were in government, it is possible that your one vote would determine if a president was removed from office or not.

That's the issue - do you pursue your own power-seeking agenda or do you do what is better for the country?

I'm not big on "country", country puts innocent people in prison, ruins lives.
If senator I got sick, could not work, finished up on the street homeless, living under a tarp, would the "country" care?
Most likely not.
Remove the President from office?
This one is leaving anyway...in a few days.

I'd probably be loyal to the Party, and the voters who elected me.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63008 on: January 14, 2021, 01:30:17 AM »

What would I do?

Good of the country?

If senator I got sick, could not work, finished up on the street homeless, living under a tarp, would the "country" care?
Most likely not.

Yup, you would be a Trump supporter, even if you thought he caused the insurrection.

You'd have been a loyal Nazi to the end.

If you ever wonder why we treat you with such disgust so much of the time, it is because you would throw other people who had done you no harm under the bus to look good to your allies.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63009 on: January 14, 2021, 01:30:50 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63010 on: January 14, 2021, 01:50:38 AM »

In an opinion piece published in The Washington Post on Monday, Yale Law School professor Bruce Ackerman and Indiana University law professor Gerard Magliocca argued that members of Congress have another, perhaps easier, path to barring Trump from office.

They pointed to the Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, aimed at preventing people from holding federal office if they are deemed to have “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against” the Constitution.

The professors write that if a majority vote of both houses agree that Trump engaged in an act of “insurrection or rebellion,” then he would be barred from running for the White House again. Only a two-thirds vote of each house of Congress in the future could undo that result.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63011 on: January 14, 2021, 02:02:13 AM »

What would I do?

Good of the country?

Most likely not.

Yup, you would be a Trump supporter, even if you thought he caused the insurrection.

You'd have been a loyal Nazi to the end.

If you ever wonder why we treat you with such disgust so much of the time, it is because you would throw other people who had done you no harm under the bus to look good to your allies.

I might not be you know...I must have universal healthcare and the wall.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63012 on: January 14, 2021, 02:09:41 AM »

Nancy must resign, she cannot stay in Congress now

YouTube:
"Twitter red-faced after Pelosi tweet resurfaces declaring
Clinton/Trump election was "HIJACKED".

Tweet:
Nancy Pelosi
@SpeakerPelosi

Our election was hijacked.. There is no question.
Congress has a duty to #ProtectOurDemocracy & #FollowTheFacts
2.44am May 17, 2017

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:24:13 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Solutionologist ...
« Reply #63013 on: January 14, 2021, 04:14:22 AM »

Shouldn't everyone simply have a national voter ID registration #?
And when you transfer it to another state, by showing proof of residence there, that state activates it in a national database which deactivates the previous state registration.  Could provide a voter reg number at birth which activates on one's 18th birthday -- and make whatever arrangements for voting eligible immigrants.

Benefits:
- Every eligible American would be registered to vote. 
- there would be no chance of double voting
- a national database would be easy to keep track of deaths, already recorded by SS and states, so they'd just need to entered into the voter reg system.  So voting rolls would stay up to date.

Dems can support such a system as it gets every eligible voter automatically registered.  Hopefully increasing turnout and ease of voting.  GOP can support the anti-fraud measures, so no one can be registered in multiple states and dead folks would be off the rolls.

Problems?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63014 on: January 14, 2021, 04:33:52 AM »

I might not be you know...I must have universal healthcare and the wall.

Give or take 13 miles of crap fence, there is no wall. That’s coming down soon anyway. Universal health care does sound nice and more affordable than the system we are currently subjecting ourselves to in the USA.

You may be onto something, Bo. Red would surely find a reason to object if he hasn’t thrown his computer in his bathtub to keep lefties and pinkos from pawing through the leavings of his Parler account.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 4199 4200 [4201] 4202 4203 ... 4288