Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4202 4203 [4204] 4205 4206 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583516 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63045 on: January 14, 2021, 12:27:33 PM »

Boebert has intentionally tried to stir things up, has supported Trump's fictional election fraud, and has made Congress a more dangerous place by carrying her fun around and making it more likely other GOPers will as well.

- actually she is NOT allowed to carry the gun into halls of Congress
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63046 on: January 14, 2021, 12:30:24 PM »

What is your hope for him?

Has nothing to do with me, Kid.

That was not an opinion. It was a statement of fact.

Usually when you cite "hopelessness" you have a course of preferred action for the individual to take that would sit well with you.

Certainly you could opine.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63047 on: January 14, 2021, 12:31:23 PM »

The funny thing is the extent they are going for a relative weakling newbie like Boebert.  They are just crafting their hit job because she opened her mouth on a few things

Sad, sad, sad...
It is almost like kiid has never heard of AOC.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63048 on: January 14, 2021, 12:34:53 PM »

Really, Whisk?

Has Boebert done a hit job on BIDEN?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63049 on: January 14, 2021, 12:46:40 PM »

Usually when you cite "hopelessness" you have a course of preferred action for the individual to take that would sit well with you.

There is no action to take. There is no fix to be had.

Hope has left Donald.

End of story.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63051 on: January 14, 2021, 12:52:46 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63052 on: January 14, 2021, 02:05:49 PM »

Any Republican Senators who vote to convict Trump in the impeachment can forget about ever running for President or Vice President in the future.

So, you think better they vote based on selfish interests than the good of the country?

How terribly consistent of you!

Many of the faithful would likely see them as traitors and never vote for them.

Which is not even slightly responsive to what I asked.

"Look after yourself first in this world,  son...because nobody else will".
They each should be doing the best thing for themselves.

What would I do?
Now there's a good question.
The best for team bambu, for sure and certain. Whatever that might be.
It might be that I'd be too sick to attend the senate that day..."violently ill with terrible food poisoning."

Good of the country?
The country would not fall on my one vote.

If you were in government, it is possible that your one vote would determine if a president was removed from office or not.

That's the issue - do you pursue your own power-seeking agenda or do you do what is better for the country?

I'm not big on "country", country puts innocent people in prison, ruins lives.
If senator I got sick, could not work, finished up on the street homeless, living under a tarp, would the "country" care?
Most likely not.
Remove the President from office?
This one is leaving anyway...in a few days.

I'd probably be loyal to the Party, and the voters who elected me.

Yup, you would be a Trump supporter, even if you thought he caused the insurrection.

You'd have been a loyal Nazi to the end.

If you ever wonder why we treat you with such disgust so much of the time, it is because you would throw other people who had done you no harm under the bus to look good to your allies.

I might not be you know...I must have universal healthcare and the wall.

Depending on your party, yes. Loyal follower of party over good.

We get it, Bambu. You don't need to convince us further that you are an unprincipled slimeball.

""Good" is like "beauty"...is in the eye of the beholder.
Double crossing the Party and the voters who elected you to the senate is not something that one should take lightly.

Like voting on gay marriage.
Yes or No the people were asked to vote, by mail only, the papers posted out by the
Electoral Office.
Should I vote yes, 'separation of church and state', 'gay rights' etc.
Or should I vote no, because many in the yes vote lot were violent, smashing car windows of anyone with a "it's OK to vote no"
sticker ... and ranting hate of Christians.
Around and around in my mind it all went...to and fro.
Voting cut off time came and went...and my ballot paper was still sitting unused on my home desk.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:08:09 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63053 on: January 14, 2021, 02:34:35 PM »

The funny thing is the extent they are going for a relative weakling newbie like Boebert.  They are just crafting their hit job because she opened her mouth on a few things

Sad, sad, sad...

Don’t worry. As long as she is hit with a taser every time she tries to step around a metal detector, things will be fine.

The 8th or 9th attempt should provide enough juice for her to begin to figure things out.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63054 on: January 14, 2021, 02:36:10 PM »

Rudy is getting the Bill Cosby treatment:

Middlebury College has made the decision to revoke the honorary degree it presented to the presidential attorney Rudolph Giuliani in 2005, and has communicated this to Mr. Giuliani's office," the college said in a statement on January 12.

Curious why he ever got one, the little shit.

Because he was lionized as “America’s Mayor” after his pre 9/11 security fuck up put him in the Na national spotlight  on 9/11.

Agree. But there is no way to effectively indicate sarcasm in a post.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63055 on: January 14, 2021, 02:37:37 PM »

I think Bambu was wrong (nor should that surprise anybody) with his assessment of the political prospects of those who voted to impeach and those who would vote to convict President Trump. Not totally wrong - a bunch of those folks are going to have a hard time.

But...
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/14/politics/tom-rice-south-carolina-impeachment/index.html

Rep. Tom Rice (R-SC) explained his vote very effectively, IMO, and while it might get him primaried in 2022, I expect he will win that pretty easily - and while I don't expect him to run for president, I don't think this vote would hurt him in such a run nearly as much as it would help him.

My radio US correspondent (an older and respected American man) just said...most Republicans are hardworking, decent people and there is anger on the Right.
He also said that the impeachment of Trump by the Democrats is purely political, and devoid of due process.
He also said that a Republican woman politician will be "impeaching Biden on his first day in office...re Ukrainian energy companies etc and the Biden crime family"...or something like that.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:40:19 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63056 on: January 14, 2021, 02:39:31 PM »

There is no action to take. There is no fix to be had.

Hope has left Donald.

End of story.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63057 on: January 14, 2021, 02:46:18 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-says-she-073906731.html

Namita Singh

(Reuters)

Newly elected Republican congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene has said she would be filing articles of impeachment against incoming president, Joe Biden, for alleged “abuse of power” on his first day at the Oval Office.

Representative Greene announced her plan on Twitter after the Democrat-controlled House passed the threshold to impeach president Donald Trump on charges of inciting insurrection. While 10 Republicans voted to support the impeachment article, congresswoman Greene was amongst the 197 House representatives, who defended the president.

"On January 21, 2021, I'll be filing Articles of Impeachment against Joe Biden for abuse of power," she wrote on Twitter, adding the hashtags, "#ImpeachBiden," #QuidProJoe" and "BidenCrimeFamilly."

...Before her speech, congressman Jason Crow denounced Ms Greene and those sharing her political view, as “depraved” and “dangerous”.

“There are, unfortunately, a handful of members of Congress — and Ms Taylor Green is just one of them — who are morally bankrupt,” Mr Crow told CNN. "They are depraved, and they’re frankly dangerous individuals.”

Wonder what Familly values raised such a cretin as this?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63059 on: January 14, 2021, 02:54:46 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4202 4203 [4204] 4205 4206 ... 4288