Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4208 4209 [4210] 4211 4212 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585091 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63135 on: January 15, 2021, 11:01:47 AM »

Some of this is blowback from the extreme militarization of the US, wherein military bases are maintained all over the globe, we fight wars all the time, sell weapons aka death products globally, train lots of young people who cycle in and out of the military special tactics, and spend $750B on the military each year.

And what we get is a host of rightwing militia heavily armed and with military training.  Militarization of local police forces.  Dangerous gun worship.  Lots of gov't officials are ex-military, which means the militarization and trillions spent on military and warfare will continue.

Capitol rioters included highly trained ex-military and cops

The caption:
a line of men wearing helmets and olive drab body armor walk up the marble stairs outside the U.S. Capitol in Washington in an orderly single-file line, each man holding the jacket collar of the man ahead. The formation, known as "Ranger File," is standard operating procedure for a combat team "stacking up" to breach a building.

Also:
A retired Air Force officer who was part of the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last week carried plastic zip-tie handcuffs because he intended “to take hostages,” a prosecutor said in a Texas court on Thursday.

“He means to take hostages. He means to kidnap, restrain, perhaps try, perhaps execute members of the U.S. government,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Jay Weimer said of retired Lt. Col. Larry Rendall Brock Jr. without providing specifics.

He had posted on social media:
one post on the day of the Capitol riot that said:
“Patriots on the Capitol. Patriots storming. Men with guns need to shoot their way in.”

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-fort-worth-texas-e13a0ee09d543415d46c3f34a02f444b
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 11:18:02 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63136 on: January 15, 2021, 11:20:03 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/15/trump-vaccine-reserve-used-up/

Turns out that Azar lied to us, again, in leading us to expect more doses of the vaccine to be released.

When Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced this week that the federal government would begin releasing coronavirus vaccine doses held in reserve for second shots, no such reserve existed, according to state and federal officials briefed on distribution plans. The Trump administration had already begun shipping out what was available beginning at the end of December, taking second doses directly off the manufacturing line.

Now, health officials across the country who had anticipated their extremely limited vaccine supply as much as doubling beginning next week are confronting the reality that their allocations will not immediately increase, dashing hopes of dramatically expanding eligibility for millions of elderly people and those with high-risk medical conditions. Health officials in some cities and states were informed in recent days about the reality of the situation, while others are still in the dark.

Because both of the vaccines authorized for emergency use in the United States are two-dose regimens, the Trump administration’s initial policy was to hold back second doses to protect against the possibility of manufacturing disruptions. But that approach shifted in recent weeks, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter. The result is that next week’s allocations will remain flat.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #63137 on: January 15, 2021, 11:20:12 AM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #63138 on: January 15, 2021, 12:00:13 PM »

P-E Joe did as expected with $1.9T plan, led hard with covid plan, accelerated "pharm-to-arm" (heh-I like that one) and economic relief for people and communities.

Nothing too controversial,for a 50-50 senate and hurting country

Lets get healthy and lets get back to work fixing America for everyone

market is taking it in stride-no surprises

Repubs will fight for fiscal responsibility, after years of their thievery, BUT their constituents want and need help.

Joe will get the early win he needs

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63139 on: January 15, 2021, 12:05:12 PM »

Clinton insists to this day that she won - and she did her part to have the loss investigated.

Ready to move on here.  Biden 2020.  Speech was good.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63140 on: January 15, 2021, 12:13:19 PM »

Clinton insists to this day that she won

Does she?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63141 on: January 15, 2021, 12:18:31 PM »

Clinton insists to this day that she won

Does she?
No.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #63142 on: January 15, 2021, 12:31:51 PM »

So even before he is President Biden reneges on $2000 dollar checks.
Figures

Nope.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/01/14/biden-stimulus-covid-relief/
AOC says differently.
"$2,000 means $2,000. $2,000 does not mean $1,400,″

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #63143 on: January 15, 2021, 12:47:26 PM »

Red and AOC against an additional $1400?

go figure-though I suspect for different reasons.

I guess politics does make strange bed-fellows

heh

although for party unity I suspect AOC might bend on this one

if not she might find herself as a junior back-bencher on the House Comm on Bullsit and Manure and the least attended committee, Ethics

barton

« Reply #63144 on: January 15, 2021, 12:49:15 PM »

Figures

Nope.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/01/14/biden-stimulus-covid-relief/
AOC says differently.

I posted the facts on what Biden proposes, which is public record.  No renegeing.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #63145 on: January 15, 2021, 12:50:36 PM »

Figures

Nope.

AOC says differently.

I posted the facts on what Biden proposes, which is public record.  No renegeing.
LOL
1400 is not 2000.
Well, maybe in South Nowhere it is.

barton

« Reply #63146 on: January 15, 2021, 12:56:09 PM »

1400 + 600 = 2000.  That's the total, as he said it would be.  His plan was never for $2600 stimulus payments, which is what you, a conservative, are proposing.  As Spock would say, "Faaascinating." 

No worries, I'm sure you'll turn into a fiscal conservative again, come Jan. 20th.  Hang in there. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63147 on: January 15, 2021, 12:58:04 PM »

Looks like President Elect Biden has decided to go big from the get go.

He has a small two year window before white people go “white people” and give the keys back to the Republicans.

This is akin to saying that eventually black people will steal from you. At least once in a while try to avoid stereotyping all of us.

Why?

Where is the flaw in my assertion?

Was 2010 not enough evidence? Was the hysteria over Defund The Police not in evidence?

call me a bigot if you want to... and you want to, but I stand by my assertion.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63148 on: January 15, 2021, 01:00:17 PM »

non acceptance of democratic process

Yes.

Opposing the seating of duly designated electors in an effort to over turn the election certainly me that standard of not accepting the democratic process.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63149 on: January 15, 2021, 01:02:47 PM »

Looks like President Elect Biden has decided to go big from the get go.

He has a small two year window before white people go “white people” and give the keys back to the Republicans.

This is akin to saying that eventually black people will steal from you. At least once in a while try to avoid stereotyping all of us.

Why?

Where is the flaw in my assertion?

Was 2010 not enough evidence? Was the hysteria over Defund The Police not in evidence?

call me a bigot if you want to... and you want to, but I stand by my assertion.

You've indicted most of the members of this board and their personal connections, and yet you can't see that? I'd say your blinded by racial bias, at the very least.

But...assert away, Lawrence. Assert away.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 4208 4209 [4210] 4211 4212 ... 4288