Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4212 4213 [4214] 4215 4216 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583965 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63195 on: January 15, 2021, 05:12:54 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63196 on: January 15, 2021, 05:16:34 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63197 on: January 15, 2021, 05:30:16 PM »

Clinton insists to this day that she won - and she did her part to have the loss investigated.

Ready to move on here.  Biden 2020.  Speech was good.

No, she insists to this day that it was stolen - not that she won.

And she did next to nothing to have it investigated.

But you can keep up with your false equivalencies.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63198 on: January 15, 2021, 05:34:10 PM »

Best headline ever!

https://queenseagle.com/all/2019/12/19/queens-man-impeached

Should read: Homeless Florida Man Impeached, His Evident Mental Illness Still Untreated.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

Re: biscuit goes limp, at noon
« Reply #63199 on: January 15, 2021, 05:43:59 PM »

A person familiar with the matter said the White House Military Office will ensure there are multiple nuclear footballs -- one to accompany Trump to Florida and one that will be ready in Washington for when Biden officially becomes president. The nuclear codes Trump carries on a card alongside the football -- the so-called "biscuit" -- would no longer work past noon... 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/14/politics/donald-trump-presidency-ending/index.html

There were signs of moving activity Thursday, including a gray van from the fine art movers Crozier. Debbie Meadows, the wife of the chief of staff, was spotted carrying out a stuffed pheasant from her husband's office and loading it into her car...

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #63200 on: January 15, 2021, 05:47:52 PM »

I support all programs which help to feed the hungry people, which includes supporting UNICEF, and which supports programs which support farmers in each region so that local jobs are created in each region and self sufficiency for each region.

And always, we can easily feed everyone on earth if we come from a place of abundance, instead of letting people starve as we come from a place of scarcity.

It does not need to be expensive to feed people, just fish and oranges and tortillas and clean safe water, etc. It is easy to stave off starvation. A local Chef, Chef Bruno, feeds pasta to the needy children, pasta is cheap and the children love it. There are many foods which are cheap. We need to be aware of cheap foods with the huge number of refugees that we have around the world right now, and with the corona crisis.

Here is a recipe for cactus with scrambled eggs, it does not need to be expensive to feed the hungry people...

Scrambled Eggs with Cactus

Surprise and delight family members with this unusual brunch recipe of chili-seasoned scrambled eggs with prickly pear cactus pads. Look for nopales (cactus pads or leaves) in the produce section of large supermarkets or specialty food stores.

Ingredients
2 - 3 cactus pads (6 to 8 ounces total) or one 8-ounce can nopalitos (cactus pieces), rinsed and drained; or 2 small zucchini, cut into bite-size strips
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
8 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash ground black pepper
Flour tortillas, warmed (optional)
Salsa (optional)

Directions
Carefully rinse cactus pads; pat dry. Holding cactus pads with tongs, use a small, sharp knife to carefully trim off eyes around edges and on both sides of pads; discard. Cut cactus pads into thin strips (you should have about 2 cups).
In a large skillet cook cactus with onion and sweet pepper in margarine or butter about 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
In a bowl beat eggs, milk, chili powder, salt, and black pepper with a fork. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edge.
Using a spatula or large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked eggs so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat about 5 minutes more or until eggs are cooked through, but are still glossy and moist.
Remove from heat. If desired, serve with tortillas and salsa. Makes 6 servings.

From the Test Kitchen
Nopales, the fleshy, oval pads of the prickly pear cactus, are showing up in many supermarkets. Cooked, they're soft but crunchy, with the slipperiness of okra and flavor of green beans. The pads have tiny, sharp thorns that usually are removed at the market. To remove any thorns, carefully hold the pad and scrape with a paring knife. Use the tip of a sharp knife or a vegetable peeler to remove the thorn bases and any blemishes.

Nutrition Facts (Scrambled Eggs with Cactus)
Per serving:
139 kcal ,
9 g fat
(3 g sat. fat ,
285 mg chol. ,
205 mg sodium ,
5 g carb. ,
1 g fiber ,
9 g pro.

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/eggs/scrambled-eggs-with-cactus/

The people of the world who are poor and starving can grow and eat cactus, and they can raise chickens for eggs. Cactus will grow anywhere, and cactus does not require very much water.

And in the USA where food is plentiful, we can easily feed everyone, and we even have hunters donating meat for the hungry, etc. As you drive down the state of California you see that the whole state is farming and ranching and growing vineyards, etc. Everyone in California can easily have access to good fresh food, and we need to make sure that the people of the USA have access to Sunkist oranges, etc.

I support every program which feeds hungry people. Starvation is not an option.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 05:51:30 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63201 on: January 15, 2021, 05:48:05 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63202 on: January 15, 2021, 05:51:42 PM »

Peter Navarro got caught pilfering too. Unless Debbie brought the stuffed pheasant in with her, she should expect her theft of our pheasant to result in criminal charges. Was she in conspiracy with her husband? That would be a shame.

Someone also jacked a bust of Lincoln. Thats among the more blatant thefts publicized so far.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #63203 on: January 15, 2021, 05:56:36 PM »

Will have to read the whole article to see if that holds water for me.  I was thinking Biden might turn out fairly centrist.  If that's not the case, then his admin will be more interesting than I'd expected.

It will be good if the xenophobes (I prefer this term to "white people" btw) can clear their heads and see that no one in the administration will be out to defund the police.  False slogans are harder to rinse off than true ones.

"Xenophobes" aren't trying to invalidate millions of votes from foreigners.

White supremacists are trying to disenfranchise millions of black voters.

period.

Don't equate white people with white supremacists.  It's a really stupid assertion.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63205 on: January 15, 2021, 06:12:40 PM »

Will have to read the whole article to see if that holds water for me.  I was thinking Biden might turn out fairly centrist.  If that's not the case, then his admin will be more interesting than I'd expected.

It will be good if the xenophobes (I prefer this term to "white people" btw) can clear their heads and see that no one in the administration will be out to defund the police.  False slogans are harder to rinse off than true ones.

period.

Don't equate white people with white supremacists.  It's a really stupid assertion.

Make sure you tell Larry that. He gets confused, too.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63206 on: January 15, 2021, 06:13:27 PM »

period.

I could be misreading but I think Can is using xenophobe broadly to include domestic racism.   White supremacy is also,  at its heart,  coming from fear of the "other. "  So I would see xenophobes as a good blanket term.  I do thank you for saying "white supremacists" rather than "white people."  As one of millions who marched this summer with BLM, I would not like to be categorized.

If the shoe doesn’t fit, don’t try to put it on.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63207 on: January 15, 2021, 06:17:07 PM »

period.

Make sure you tell Larry that. He gets confused, too.

He was responding to me.

Yeah, because most white supremacists are people of color.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63208 on: January 15, 2021, 06:17:21 PM »

Hey, Bambu, “Christian Identity” is a specific, racist, White Supremacist movement/theology that actually has little to do with Christianity. Do some research before playing the victim card.

Who knew?
I didn't.
I do now.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63209 on: January 15, 2021, 06:24:47 PM »

While I was looking up "White supremacist", I looked up "White nationalist".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_nationalism

White nationalists say they seek to ensure the survival of the white race, and the cultures of historically white states. They hold that white people should maintain their majority in majority-white countries, maintain their political and economic dominance, and that their cultures should be foremost.[4] Many white nationalists believe that miscegenation, multiculturalism, immigration of non-whites and low birth rates among whites are threatening the white race,[7] and some believe these things are being promoted as part of an attempted white genocide.[7]

#####

Well there you go.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 4212 4213 [4214] 4215 4216 ... 4288