Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4213 4214 [4215] 4216 4217 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1594987 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63210 on: January 15, 2021, 06:34:42 PM »

Peter Navarro got caught pilfering too. Unless Debbie brought the stuffed pheasant in with her, she should expect her theft of our pheasant to result in criminal charges. Was she in conspiracy with her husband? That would be a shame.

Someone also jacked a bust of Lincoln. Thats among the more blatant thefts publicized so far.

No pilfering going on.

The pheasant and other taxidermy items are his from home.

The Lincoln Bust and many other items are returning to the off-site location of items presidents and their families can choose among to decorate the White House by the WH Curator's staff.

And the Secret Service is checking things as they leave.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63212 on: January 15, 2021, 06:36:43 PM »

Will have to read the whole article to see if that holds water for me.  I was thinking Biden might turn out fairly centrist.  If that's not the case, then his admin will be more interesting than I'd expected.

It will be good if the xenophobes (I prefer this term to "white people" btw) can clear their heads and see that no one in the administration will be out to defund the police.  False slogans are harder to rinse off than true ones.

"Xenophobes" aren't trying to invalidate millions of votes from foreigners.

White supremacists are trying to disenfranchise millions of black voters.

period.

Don't equate white people with white supremacists.  It's a really stupid assertion.

Make sure you tell Larry that. He gets confused, too.

He was responding to me.

Yeah, because most white supremacists are people of color.

Not the point, Larry. Nobody suggested that white supremacists are not white. They were suggesting that not all white people are white supremacists.

You know, #notallwhites
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63213 on: January 15, 2021, 06:38:08 PM »

Anyone comment yet on the arrest of John Harris?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63214 on: January 15, 2021, 06:39:11 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/abbott-texas-vaccine-milestone-pivots

OMG! Increasing the number of places that give vaccines allowed them to give more vaccines.

Who would have ever guessed.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #63215 on: January 15, 2021, 06:43:32 PM »

Hey, Bambu, “Christian Identity” is a specific, racist, White Supremacist movement/theology that actually has little to do with Christianity. Do some research before playing the victim card.

Who knew?
I didn't.
I do now.

See how a little research and education - rather than making one elitist - just makes them able to make better decisions?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #63216 on: January 15, 2021, 06:46:18 PM »

While I was looking up "White supremacist", I looked up "White nationalist".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_nationalism

White nationalists say they seek to ensure the survival of the white race, and the cultures of historically white states. They hold that white people should maintain their majority in majority-white countries, maintain their political and economic dominance, and that their cultures should be foremost.[4] Many white nationalists believe that miscegenation, multiculturalism, immigration of non-whites and low birth rates among whites are threatening the white race,[7] and some believe these things are being promoted as part of an attempted white genocide.[7]

#####

Well there you go.

You've been asked for the point you're making.  For example: White nationalists should go back to europe where they came from.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63217 on: January 15, 2021, 06:47:05 PM »

Will have to read the whole article to see if that holds water for me.  I was thinking Biden might turn out fairly centrist.  If that's not the case, then his admin will be more interesting than I'd expected.

It will be good if the xenophobes (I prefer this term to "white people" btw) can clear their heads and see that no one in the administration will be out to defund the police.  False slogans are harder to rinse off than true ones.

period.

Don't equate white people with white supremacists.  It's a really stupid assertion.

He was responding to me.

Not the point, Larry. Nobody suggested that white supremacists are not white. They were suggesting that not all white people are white supremacists.

You know, #notallwhites

hell not all white supremacist are white, either

that goes without saying, no?

I guess not.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63218 on: January 15, 2021, 07:03:44 PM »

ttps://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6222034700001

Treasurer Frydenberg rejects Chinese takeover bid of major Australian building contractor

#####

Good.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6222763989001

Sky News host Chris Smith says China is back to playing “its childish games,” amid reports Beijing has instructed the owners of more than $1 billion worth of Australian coal to find new buyers.
Mr Smith said 73 ships containing 8 million tonnes of Australian coal, which have been floating off China’s coast since June, have been “basically been told to bugger off”.

"It's also tit for tat. China is currently enduring a freezing winter and these arrogant dictators would rather see tens-of-millions of their people left shivering than take our coal,” Mr Smith said.

“Beijing has targeted our coal, our wine, barley, beef, lobster, copper, sugar, and timber”.

“And guess what else they're bagging ... our delicious, award-winning cherries”.
"They've been called inferior in taste and quality ... by The Global Times".

#####

No worries, bring the coal home, sell it to the People...we'll burn it in the backyards etc, ...coal and timber camp fires ...cheap way to cook meals.
Steak and lobster for dinner, wine women and song, with ice cream and cherries for dessert.

Life is good!
The rest can be used in current and new coal-fired power stations...the nation has to survive.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:07:08 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63219 on: January 15, 2021, 07:06:16 PM »

While I was looking up "White supremacist", I looked up "White nationalist".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_nationalism

White nationalists say they seek to ensure the survival of the white race, and the cultures of historically white states. They hold that white people should maintain their majority in majority-white countries, maintain their political and economic dominance, and that their cultures should be foremost.[4] Many white nationalists believe that miscegenation, multiculturalism, immigration of non-whites and low birth rates among whites are threatening the white race,[7] and some believe these things are being promoted as part of an attempted white genocide.[7]

#####

Well there you go.

You've been asked for the point you're making.  For example: White nationalists should go back to europe where they came from.

White majority countries and their cultures are the best in the world.
USA for example.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63220 on: January 15, 2021, 07:37:19 PM »

period.

He was responding to me.

You know, #notallwhites

hell not all white supremacist are white, either

that goes without saying, no?

I guess not.

You are going to confuse some people Larry, if you haven’t already.

As for the whites supremacist vs xenophobe designation, Kams’ approach operates by pushing where the issues of Black people, Brown people, First peoples, and immigrants line up for a bigger constituency, more allies, and a better chance of getting things done nationally attempting to address xenophobia. The risk, which bears out historically in the US time and again, is that a broadly targeted national initiative to improve lives through its implementation will give the needs and concerns of Black people the shortest possible end of the stick while initiatives aimed specifically at redressing discrimination against Black people do better, at least until cracker judges and politicians reverse them to better promulgate white supremacy and fascism.

Do you pursue a narrower road to a surer destination or a broader road that may Peter out leaving you with less than half a loaf?

That is my read on the difference in the distinction and I have a hard time saying which is in fact a better approach to take.

Hopefully activists, leaders, and legislators from across the spectrum can formulate a way to defeat both xenophobia and white supremacy with the same push through means they can discover together.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63221 on: January 15, 2021, 07:38:39 PM »

Someone here posted about the NRA going bankrupt.

Microsoft News;

The NRA said it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Friday.
The organisation has been beset by financial troubles for years.
The NRA is also relocating from New York to Texas, where it will register as a non-profit.

The move is part of a restructuring process, the NRA said, and "day-to-day operations, training programs, and Second Amendment advocacy will continue as usual." ………………….., a former senior vice president of 3M Co., has been named chief restructuring officer.

Go woke, go broke.

barton

« Reply #63222 on: January 15, 2021, 08:13:34 PM »

A quick newsflash for Bu,  from South Dakota:  America's native culture and tradition is not white European.   And violent forced settlement doesn't alter that fact.   As for Bu's

White majority countries and their cultures are the best in the world. 

How do you define "best" without resorting to your personal subjective preferences?  I don't think you can,  which means your assertion is garbage.   About as persuasive as "Mom's meatloaf was the best in the world. " 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63223 on: January 15, 2021, 08:28:42 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/abbott-texas-vaccine-milestone-pivots

OMG! Increasing the number of places that give vaccines allowed them to give more vaccines.

Who would have ever guessed.

BY AGE - also quite wise.

STATES doing something smart.  Nice to see.  Any state could have done so earlier

Republican led states smarter with their rollouts.  But even a dim bulb like Cuomo is now clued in, as NY makes its revisions
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:30:57 PM by kidcarter8 »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 4213 4214 [4215] 4216 4217 ... 4288