Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4215 4216 [4217] 4218 4219 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1593094 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63240 on: January 16, 2021, 12:37:05 AM »

“There are calls for Trump to denounce the violence and apologize for his role in cultivating this environment of fear, hate and resentment. Why would he apologize for something for which he has no remorse? There’s no grand scheme being executed by the president beyond giving people something to get pissed about (brown invasion, etc., etc.) and telling them whom to blame… and letting them figure out what to do about it...”

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/08/08/trump-cant-and-wont-change-his-white-supremacist-fans/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63241 on: January 16, 2021, 02:16:23 AM »

Covid-19 Vaccine Leaders Waited Months to Approve Distribution Plans
Holdup left states with little time to develop mass-vaccination plan; U.S. says it needed time for interagency clearance

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-vaccine-leaders-waited-months-to-approve-distribution-plans-11610737935

The article documents squabbles and conflicts between the HHS and CDC.  And poor planning by the Feds all around.  Trump Admin ineptitude kills.

[as for WSJ, after the paywall dropped, I simply deleted all cookies -- very easy to do on the same page using Chrome -- then reloaded the article.  I stopped the loading before it finished, still go a paywall, but simply clicked the X to close that --- boom, full article available for reading]
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63243 on: January 16, 2021, 07:35:20 AM »

I posted a pic purporting to be from Jan 5, 2021 of a group led by Rep. Boebert (R-CO) the other day, but it turned out to have been from 2019.

I have some updates for you:

Colorado has some legislators who are none to happy with Rep. Boebert.
https://www.9news.com/article/news/politics/national-politics/letter-to-house-leaders-from-68-colorado-elected-boebert/73-065bcdd4-8512-4006-98cb-ad516fd61c0a

Why?

House Democrats demand a probe into tours of the Capitol Building that were given the day before the attempted coup/assassinations.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/democrats-demand-probe-nature-capitol-tours-day-riot/story?id=75231523

The Democrats who signed the letter collectively contend that the tours being conducted on Jan. 5 "were a noticeable and concerning departure" from procedures put in place as of March 2020 that limit the number of visitors to the Capitol. These tours were so concerning to Democrats that they were reported to the sergeant-at-arms on Jan. 5, they wrote.

Why would they be suspicious? Because COVID-19 caused all tours to be cancelled since July 18th and that had not changed by Jan 5th. No tours at all. So, if there were GOP Reps leading tours on the 5th, then there was a problem.

And more than 30 Representatives saw people in the hallways who would have had no business there:
"In the lead up to Jan. 6, what I witnessed was members of the public, people who had no business being in the Capitol during the shutdowns, milling about in the office buildings," Spanberger said. "The way that these individuals would have entered the Capitol in the first place would have been with a member of Congress making that possible.”

Meanwhile, a GOP House leader wants more of an investigation than Pelosi has sought:
https://news.yahoo.com/republican-lawmaker-to-ask-justice-department-to-investigate-trumps-response-to-attack-on-us-capitol-002831089.html

The GOP members, some of whom are claimed to have had their activities caught on CCTV, have denied all wrong-doing or tour-leading.

OTOH, 30+ eye witnesses seems like there might be something to it.

Check the Congressional members' and visitors' phones. A phone will tell the tale better than most eyewitnesses.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63244 on: January 16, 2021, 07:39:15 AM »

Covid-19 Vaccine Leaders Waited Months to Approve Distribution Plans
Holdup left states with little time to develop mass-vaccination plan; U.S. says it needed time for interagency clearance

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-vaccine-leaders-waited-months-to-approve-distribution-plans-11610737935

The article documents squabbles and conflicts between the HHS and CDC.  And poor planning by the Feds all around.  Trump Admin ineptitude kills.

[as for WSJ, after the paywall dropped, I simply deleted all cookies -- very easy to do on the same page using Chrome -- then reloaded the article.  I stopped the loading before it finished, still go a paywall, but simply clicked the X to close that --- boom, full article available for reading]

Thief.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63245 on: January 16, 2021, 07:47:56 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63246 on: January 16, 2021, 08:49:19 AM »

Removing info a site stores on my computer, and then simply clicking an X to close their subscription notification hardly seems like thievery.  In any case, I'm not about to pay WSJ a penny whether I read anything there or not.

Early in his presidency, Trump liked to show off to visitors the letter he received from President Barack Obama, which included the now-prescient line: "Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them."

Trump likely not leaving a letter for Biden.
Be pretty funny if Trump left a letter saying that Biden didn't win the election, the results were fraudulent, and listing his vote fraud conspiracies.

The final Trump pardons will be the last shoe to drop.
Unless Trump decides to nuke Iran on his morning flight back to Florida.
I assume Bannon will get pardoned -- afterall his scam involved stealing wall funding, and so he did raise private money for Trump's wall.

Maybe give Rudy a pardon in lieu of the money owed him.
Ivanka?
Does Steve Wynn need to be pardoned for anything?
Ghis Maxwell could use one.

Wonder if any of the rioters will be pardoned.
Trump could always do it symbolically and pardon shot dead Ashli.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63247 on: January 16, 2021, 10:10:32 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/politics/capitol-capture-assassinate-elected-officials/index.html

"Well, yeah, Your Honor, we set they meant to capture and assassinate elected officials, but we didn't really mean it."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63248 on: January 16, 2021, 10:22:09 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/politics/alex-azar-resigns/index.html

President Donald Trump's "actions and rhetoric" have tarnished the administration's legacy, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said in a resignation letter submitted this week.

Azar submitted the standard resignation letter for a Cabinet secretary to offer an outgoing president, dated January 12 and obtained by CNN Friday.

In the letter, addressed to Trump, Azar laid out what he considered to be the best accomplishments of HHS over the past four years.

"Unfortunately, the actions and rhetoric following the election, especially during this past week, threaten to tarnish these and other historic legacies of this Administration," Azar wrote in the letter.

"The attacks on the Capitol were an assault on our democracy and on the tradition of peaceful transitions of power that the United States of America first brought to the world," Azar wrote in the letter, first reported by The New York Times.

"I implore you to continue to condemn unequivocally any form of violence, to demand that no one attempt to disrupt the inaugural activities in Washington or elsewhere, and to continue to support unreservedly the peaceful and orderly transition of power on January 20, 2021."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #63251 on: January 16, 2021, 10:28:35 AM »

On the way out the door, Pompeo has designated the Houthis, who control northern Yemen, a terrorist organization....

Biden needs to:
1) Remove the hideous terrorist designation from the Yemen gov't.
2) Stop supporting Saudi Arabia in its war on Yemen
3) Pressure the Saudis to stop warring against Yemen.  The US has a lot of leverage over the Saudis, and they probably want to get on the good side of the Biden Admin, and Saudi Arabia might be looking for a way out of this endless war which is draining money and not terribly popular in SA.

I can provide some links, but my guess is nobody is overly interested in the Yemen War and Yemenis.

I've followed this,  with the awareness that more Yemeni civilians could die from our murderous policies than will die,  in an entire hemisphere,  from covid.   And they won't be averaging 80 years old!   

barton

« Reply #63252 on: January 16, 2021, 10:37:27 AM »

If that doesn't work for some,  Business Insider reprints a lot of WSJ articles.   Also,  you can,  in the US,  go to your nearest public library website and they usually have a free online portal to WSJ.   

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #63253 on: January 16, 2021, 10:38:14 AM »

Did uncle Joe really say that he was going to reduce homelessness and open borders at the same time? The Yemenis are being punished for being primitive, xenophobic, and under control of the crazy Ayatollahs. All we want is a little extra energy(and death to America).
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #63254 on: January 16, 2021, 10:41:57 AM »

https://www.newsweek.com/mypillow-ceo-mike-liddell-tucker-carlson-advertiser-under-fire-martial-law-notes-1562075

My Pillow Guy attempts to smother Lady Liberty.

Yeah,  saw that.  He's a never-ending font of pillow jokes.   

https://mobile.twitter.com/jabinbotsford/status/1350186100564905985

It would appear to be yet another lunatic scheme to install extremists like Sidney Powell into high level NSC positions, and to then invoke martial law on the pretext that the riot at the Capitol was somehow the handiwork of foreign actors from China and Iran - *yawn*
Pages: 1 ... 4215 4216 [4217] 4218 4219 ... 4288