Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4218 4219 [4220] 4221 4222 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583843 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63285 on: January 16, 2021, 03:25:49 PM »

Yeah no big deal....

luee and bambu this should warm the cockles of your heart or cause cook shrinkage

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-15/biden-to-send-congress-bill-to-legalize-11-million-immigrants-who-lack-documentation

Another amnesty...it's just the usual cycle.
Open border, sanctuary cities, anchor babies, amnesties.
Not much use deporting them, they'd just walk right back in.
Might as well legalise them, IRS them, and make employers pay them proper wages and have proper working conditions.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63286 on: January 16, 2021, 03:41:15 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/01/16/who-loves-america-inciting-a-riot-to-sack-the-capitol-gives-us-the-answer/

When republicans get over their hatred of America they can be allowed to return to the political process. Till then, they shall be hunted in their ranges and their nests until they can’t muster the numbers to threaten anyone any more.

There are 74 million of them who voted for Trump...given all his faults and perceived faults.
"The worst President in history", and 74 million votes.   LOL
"Hunted in thieir ranges and their nests?"  lol
They'll have "cockatoos" (lookouts).
All they'll need to do is win some hearts and minds in swing states and a red state 'king' will once again be occupying the white palace.
The horned protester has nice teeth.
Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63287 on: January 16, 2021, 03:41:32 PM »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/smokers-in-nj-will-get-access-to-covid-vaccine-before-general-public/2830615/

If you teach in New Jersey, you have to wait to get your vaccine behind....wait for it....
 people who smoke!

The medical profession can't be in the business of making moral judgments on patients.   If I'm in the ER with my hand bleeding and there's a guy with COPD who can't breathe,  they're taking him first regardless of his smoking history.   

I would like my schoolteacher daughter to be early in line,  though,  because that protects potentially hundreds of people.

Isn't giving a vaccine a moral judgement? And these smokers put themselves at risk by choices they made to meet the needs of themselves only. Your daughter put herself at risk by choices she made to meet the needs of others.

Isn't the phrase, "first do no harm" calling for making a moral judgement? 

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63288 on: January 16, 2021, 03:43:48 PM »

Isn't it time bambu went outside? Before it gets too hot, and before the dingo comes to eat his babies?

Here, bambu. Want to live long and prosper?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 03:48:30 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #63289 on: January 16, 2021, 03:54:53 PM »

There is nothing great about being white, or about being an American. I worked as child slave labor after my father died, if I wanted to eat then I had to work, there was no food in the house and if I wanted food then I had to work. My father died when I was 9 years old, and my Mother was left as a widow with 3 children to raise. At 10 years old I worked washing dogs for my Grandmother who was a dog groomer, I worked 12 hours per day, from 8 am to 8 pm, so that I could eat. And my labor helped to pay the rent for a house and helped to feed a house full of people, the really bad part was that I worked to feed teen-age drug addicts who did drugs from the money earned by my labor, and ate food that I helped to provide, and they would not even clean the house. My Uncles were drug addicts who did time in prison, and I was child slave labor working to feed them. Right here in California. And I had customers who were movie stars who I washed their dogs, they saw me working as a little kid, I washed their dogs. I washed Victoria Principal's dog, she was on the show "Dallas" and she was very beautiful. And I went on to manage a dog kennel where I had worked as a kid. I became a kennel manager, and we had a lot of movie stars for customers. I helped to train Magic Johnson's dogs, etc, we trained Cher's dogs, we trained dogs for a lot of stars. I took care of Pam Dawber's cat, she played Mindy on "Mork and Mindy." We had a lot of famous customers. But there was like a wall between them and me, they were rich, and I was the poor guy taking care of the animals. Being white, and being an American did not help me, I worked as child slave labor right in front of everyone, they all watched it happen. 

But, I do not want to be a victim, and I do not want to blame anyone for anything. I just want to make my own way and make my own money and find a good woman who can be my team-mate and partner and lover. Be a boss, marry a boss, and build an empire. And I really love Italy.

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #63290 on: January 16, 2021, 04:06:34 PM »

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/smokers-in-nj-will-get-access-to-covid-vaccine-before-general-public/2830615/

If you teach in New Jersey, you have to wait to get your vaccine behind....wait for it....
 people who smoke!

The medical profession can't be in the business of making moral judgments on patients.   If I'm in the ER with my hand bleeding and there's a guy with COPD who can't breathe,  they're taking him first regardless of his smoking history.   

I would like my schoolteacher daughter to be early in line,  though,  because that protects potentially hundreds of people.

Isn't giving a vaccine a moral judgement? And these smokers put themselves at risk by choices they made to meet the needs of themselves only. Your daughter put herself at risk by choices she made to meet the needs of others.

Isn't the phrase, "first do no harm" calling for making a moral judgement?

Not exactly.  Medicine has a moral basis.   But making personal judgments about patients sinfulness is not part of that,  as you must surely be aware.   Doctors don't backburner diabetic patients because they always ate too many cookies when they could have had an apple.  They do triage on the basis of what patients,  in this moment, are most in need,  a practical and humane standard that is centuries old and not controversial.   My daughter kayaks,  and has dad's robust immune system,  so her risk is much lower than a COPD sufferer.   If all other factors were discounted,  the COPD person would go first.  ( The question of moving her up the line was a practical one of the impact on public health and older relatives of pupils.  One could ask the same question regarding supermarket  cashiers,  et al)

Public health measures, like vaccines,  tend to rely on utilitarian ethics rather than individual virtue,  isn't that the case?   IOW,  what will help the most people as soon as possible and save the most lives?   That's more judgment-neutral (judgment used here in the personal sense of judging a particular person).   

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63291 on: January 16, 2021, 04:12:53 PM »

Bambu,  don't try to walk back what you said.   You said white culture nations are the best.   You didn't say "European nations and some of their colonial offspring are wealthy and have good jobs. "   Trying to answer a deep philosophic question of what makes a good life takes more than just saying "they've got money,  they industrialized first and then enslaved people who didn't, woohoo! "  By the thin logic of prosperity,  non-white Japan and Korea should be on your "best" ranking.

Japan was ranked no 2 on one list.
Korea didn't rank highly.

Oh I'm not walking backwards.
"The best countries in which to live and work"...today...includes Germany.
Quality of life.
White majority Canada is high on the list...Honduras is not.
Culture...includes,..forced marriages, under-age children by western standards forced to marry , child slavery, fgm, public whippings, stoning to death, working conditions, wages, healthcare,  education, governance.

It seems like Bambu is telling us that Scummo is on the verge of being drummed out of office as the Australian coal industry collapses around his ears.

If so, that’s very good news indeed.

Apparently, our high quality iron ore is,  and will increasingly be,  in demand by "climate change" countries.
Saved by the words of the national anthem:
"Our land abounds in nature's gifts
of beauty rich and rare".
Oh how beautiful is that iron ore.
Joe, the new ruler of ANZUS and the free world, should get first chance at the iron ore....very high quality, good for the environment and making steel.
Friends first, enemies after that.

ScoMo, Josh, and Greg detailed recently how the rollout of the vaccines will be done.
They and Health guru Professor Brendan Murphy stated that all the logistics are in place, ..the planes, trains, trucks are ready, the vaccination centres (including doctors' offices) nationwide are ready, all they're waiting on now are the vaccines.
Pfizer first...to be given to "frontline workers" and people in aged care. (Vaccine must be kept at minus 70 degrees or something)
Next will be essential services ( teachers, those transporting the vaccines etc) ...the elderly (over 70) and remote Indigenous communities....the AstraZeneca vaccine that can be made in Australia and doesn't need to be kept extremely cold.
 Not doing anything until the vaccines have been approved by the TGA and all the data released.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 04:36:12 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63292 on: January 16, 2021, 04:15:27 PM »

Bambu,  don't try to walk back what you said.   You said white culture nations are the best.   You didn't say "European nations and some of their colonial offspring are wealthy and have good jobs. "   Trying to answer a deep philosophic question of what makes a good life takes more than just saying "they've got money,  they industrialized first and then enslaved people who didn't, woohoo! "  By the thin logic of prosperity,  non-white Japan and Korea should be on your "best" ranking.

Japan was ranked no 2 on one list.
Korea didn't rank highly.

Oh I'm not walking backwards.
"The best countries in which to live and work"...today...includes Germany.
Quality of life.
White majority Canada is high on the list...Honduras is not.
Culture...includes,..forced marriages, under-age children by western standards forced to marry , child slavery, fgm, public whippings, stoning to death, working conditions, wages, healthcare,  education, governance.

We have underage by western standards forced to marry in the US. Forced marriages, in general. Child slavery. No currennt whippings or stoning to death, but Trump wanted to make executions public.

The Republican Party of which you are so fond wants us to have a state religion, wants to do away with child labor laws, wants to eliminate regulations on workplace safety...

The Republican Party needs a reformation.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63293 on: January 16, 2021, 04:15:57 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/01/16/who-loves-america-inciting-a-riot-to-sack-the-capitol-gives-us-the-answer/

When republicans get over their hatred of America they can be allowed to return to the political process. Till then, they shall be hunted in their ranges and their nests until they can’t muster the numbers to threaten anyone any more.

There are 74 million of them who voted for Trump...given all his faults and perceived faults.
"The worst President in history", and 74 million votes.   LOL
"Hunted in thieir ranges and their nests?"  lol
They'll have "cockatoos" (lookouts).
All they'll need to do is win some hearts and minds in swing states and a red state 'king' will once again be occupying the white palace.
The horned protester has nice teeth.

Deplatforming everyone you read, listen to, and watch videos of will cause 20 million or so to drift away and lose interest without sufficient stimulation to keep them stupid and engaged. See the 10 or so million who don’t want to participate in peaceful, free, and pluralistic society under any terms get that wish fulfilled by replacing the war on drugs with the war on right wing thugs (you get more guns off the street that way as a bonus).

The 44ish million left can work their way back into politics as soon as they can come up with some palatable political ideas. The republicans had none and thus were able to produce no platform at all this cycle. Despite federally supported voter suppression they lost every federal body they contested  and lost by more than 7 million votes in the final tally.

It’s not easy, but it’s necessary and not at all complicated. Insurrection must be taken down, isolated, and punished. Until then it remains a deadly and primary threat to all Americans.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63294 on: January 16, 2021, 04:20:57 PM »

Isn't it time bambu went outside? Before it gets too hot, and before the dingo comes to eat his babies?

Here, bambu. Want to live long and prosper?

They are not countries, but districts and regions.
I must die before 84 so mrs bambu can collect the insurance money.

Living long in pain and misery is not good.
Go woke, go broke.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #63295 on: January 16, 2021, 04:24:50 PM »

By the Numbers:
How the Biden/Harris Immigration Platform Will Fuel a Staggering Increase of Immigrants and Population Growth.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/amnesty/numbers-how-biden-harris-immigration-platform
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63296 on: January 16, 2021, 04:29:59 PM »

By the Numbers:
How the Biden/Harris Immigration Platform Will Fuel a Staggering Increase of Immigrants and Population Growth.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/amnesty/numbers-how-biden-harris-immigration-platform

With trump having killed nearly a million of us by the final tally and the serious damper he put on baby making, the boost is both welcome and timely.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63297 on: January 16, 2021, 04:31:16 PM »

Trump First to the Last...

That might be his one goal that he did accomplish in all four years.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63298 on: January 16, 2021, 04:32:33 PM »

There is nothing great about being white, or about being an American. I worked as child slave labor after my father died, if I wanted to eat then I had to work, there was no food in the house and if I wanted food then I had to work. My father died when I was 9 years old, and my Mother was left as a widow with 3 children to raise. At 10 years old I worked washing dogs for my Grandmother who was a dog groomer, I worked 12 hours per day, from 8 am to 8 pm, so that I could eat. And my labor helped to pay the rent for a house and helped to feed a house full of people, the really bad part was that I worked to feed teen-age drug addicts who did drugs from the money earned by my labor, and ate food that I helped to provide, and they would not even clean the house. My Uncles were drug addicts who did time in prison, and I was child slave labor working to feed them. Right here in California. And I had customers who were movie stars who I washed their dogs, they saw me working as a little kid, I washed their dogs. I washed Victoria Principal's dog, she was on the show "Dallas" and she was very beautiful. And I went on to manage a dog kennel where I had worked as a kid. I became a kennel manager, and we had a lot of movie stars for customers. I helped to train Magic Johnson's dogs, etc, we trained Cher's dogs, we trained dogs for a lot of stars. I took care of Pam Dawber's cat, she played Mindy on "Mork and Mindy." We had a lot of famous customers. But there was like a wall between them and me, they were rich, and I was the poor guy taking care of the animals. Being white, and being an American did not help me, I worked as child slave labor right in front of everyone, they all watched it happen.

But, I do not want to be a victim, and I do not want to blame anyone for anything. I just want to make my own way and make my own money and find a good woman who can be my team-mate and partner and lover. Be a boss, marry a boss, and build an empire. And I really love Italy.

Salute,

Tony V.

Terrible, horrid.
Exactly why bambu-ilk demanded universal healthcare, unemployment benefits, public housing for the truly needy, and social programs for those affected by drug and alcohol addiction, and other misfortunes.
A PBS, pharmaceutical benefits scheme...low priced medications.
We lobbied and shamed politicians until we got what we wanted.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 4218 4219 [4220] 4221 4222 ... 4288