Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4222 4223 [4224] 4225 4226 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1873311 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63345 on: January 17, 2021, 01:24:36 AM »

With fever and nausea being common side effects of the vaccine..and 23 people in Norway dying days after having the jab, think I'll be saying "no thank you".

Refer media articles today.
Also my tv news.

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: High Quality 4K video from inside the riot at the capitol
« Reply #63346 on: January 17, 2021, 01:41:52 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRCEMN-lq_o&feature=emb_logo

You can hear them bizarrely calling cops "traitors" at the 7 minute mark and chanting "I can't breathe" at the 10 minute mark. 

Also video of bullhorn lady at the 11:10 - 11:20 mark.  She's covering her face so as not to be identified.
Some have speculated bullhorn lady is Boebert's mom.
bullhorn lady is the woman who directed the rioters inside the capitol where to go.

Interesting, as Boebert had shown her mother around the Capitol Building (not sure when).

But most were covering their faces to avoid pepper spray from the police.  You can see a few protesters keeping their backs to the police line, while obstructing the police from extending the barricades.  Others have a scarf over their important breather holes, etc.

I didn't understand the I Can't Breathe chant.  I suppose they wanted to signal that police were using too much force/chemical irritants and that the police were the problem.
Of course with the rioters instigating the encounter and engaging in illegal activity, it all seemed fairly confused.

Thanks for that video.  I've been meaning to find more.
At that initial police line, there are only about a half dozen police and two of them are short women (one of whom got knocked to the ground at the first breach).   You can see the tall officer radioing for backup. And I like the officer who comes over and just starts throwing punches.

I hadn't realized the crowd broke the large windows above the doors and got in through that way.  Though usually slow one-at-a-time entry like that is fairly easy for the police to subdue and handcuff.

There was one video where people were streaming into the Capitol past 3 officers, and one kept saying "You are not allowed in here"  "Nobody is allowed in here"
You almost expect Leslie Neilsen to walk over and in a serious voice tell the officer "I'll take it form here" and then proceed to say the same thing just as ineffectually as everybody just walks past.
But it serves a purpose.  Everyone who walked past those officers were told that their entry was illegal.  And plenty of them were filmed hearing that and still entering.  One lady claims to be a journalist in completely insincere fashion.

Otherwise, you can see the utility of having a hammer with you at a protest if you may by chance want to break some windows.  A small knife would be useful for cutting plastic zip ties possibly restraining your friends.  A scarf or gas mask would be a good idea.  There's was one policeman quoted as saying the protesters had more chemical weapons than the police did at his particular checkpoint (bear spray, mace, pepper spray, etc).  Might be time where you have to show ID and leave your name, number, address to buy bear spray.

It's interesting that chemical weapons are illegal in warfare, but are allowed in crowd/riot control.   I guess when you are not supposed to shoot and kill people than it is deemed okay to use temporary incapacitating chemical weapons. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63347 on: January 17, 2021, 01:44:10 AM »

With fever and nausea being common side effects of the vaccine..and 23 people in Norway dying days after having the jab, think I'll be saying "no thank you".

Norway says there are risks that Covid-19 vaccinations may be too risky for the very old and terminally sick, after 23 people died within a short time of receiving their first shot. Of those deaths, 13 have so far been autopsied with the results suggesting that common side effects may have contributed to severe reactions in frail, elderly people, according to the Norwegian Medicines Agency. “For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,” the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said. “For those who have a very short remaining life span anyway, the benefit of the vaccine may be marginal or irrelevant.” (Treloar and Erik Taraldsen, 1/15)

Are you among the most frail over 80?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63348 on: January 17, 2021, 02:15:16 AM »

This is a good WaPo video of the insurrectionists with timelines and activity in the congressional chambers.  Shows how close the rioters came to confronting elected officials, which wouldn't have ended well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibWJO02nNsY

You'd think the Capitol would have say 100 riot police in the building ready to go at a moment's notice when in session.  Or that they'd be on call near enough that they could come through the underground tunnels and be there within 5-10 minutes.  And you'd be wrong ..
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63349 on: January 17, 2021, 02:36:40 AM »

I’m still betting we find the White House cabal used some of their remaining juice to systematically ratfuck the LEO response around congress specifically for the Electoral College count on Jan 6th from no later than November 5th with efforts ongoing throughout. The speed of the resignations is a good tip off. Giuliani going to the White House to hash out the wording of his pardon is also a good indicator. His whole fake legal strategy depended on the mob he’d helped role up terrorizing congress into ratifying his bullshit insurrectionists lies.

Trump has used Giuliani regularly and repeatedly when he wanted someone in an official role to do something patently illegal and disgusting on his behalf.

More about the events within and surrounding the coup at congress are pouring out and sorting themselves. More about the officials involved in the plot to capture and kill political figures who might oppose trump (pence among them) while stealing control of government on trump’s behalf will emerge in this flood of information.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63350 on: January 17, 2021, 02:39:54 AM »

Speaking of disgusting:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/politics/nsa-counsel-michael-ellis-christopher-miller/index.html

Acting Sec'y of DoD orders NSA chief to put Trump loyalist into General Counsel role for NSA.

WHY?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63351 on: January 17, 2021, 02:51:03 AM »

http://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/this-cult-is-ruining-peoples-lives

I didn't like this. 

The rest of us should look at her and feel pity and compassion. The Christine Priolas of the world have become enemies of democracy—but they are also victims. And saving America means saving them, too.

Who is the "us"?  Why is she a victim? Why do they always start with the excuse-making when white people do something crazy?  Stop that now!   

Not all white people.

What is your point?

I think he's echoing the folks who accuse him of labeling all white people when he says something akin to that.

I think it's irony.

Seems like a weird post to respond to with irony.  The post has nothing to do with "all whites" its about whitewashing a white person's motives and motivations. 

We could discuss it or we could respond like sullen teenagers.

She should know enough to know better. The fact she’s burnt her bridges doesn’t oblige her to double down. It’s her choice and a bad one. One way to address this is to eliminate any ecosystem where her plans for the future as a nut job crusader are remotely viable. This is the definition of the cultural and financial war the United States is now waging locally and globally. The forces of fascism have openly declared what for decades they’ve carried on as a Cold War by their actions on the 6th. The anti lockdown actions Red enjoyed so much this year were training and trial runs for overturning an election they knew they were bound to lose.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:00:19 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63352 on: January 17, 2021, 03:03:00 AM »

“Some In The GOP Parrot Far-Right Talk Of A Coming Civil War

War-like imagery is spreading in Republican circles post-Capitol riot. Democrats believe isn’t an accident.”

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_6003c11ec5b697df1a063d94

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63353 on: January 17, 2021, 04:11:27 AM »

Norway says there are risks that Covid-19 vaccinations may be too risky for the very old and terminally sick, after 23 people died within a short time of receiving their first shot. Of those deaths, 13 have so far been autopsied with the results suggesting that common side effects may have contributed to severe reactions in frail, elderly people, according to the Norwegian Medicines Agency. “For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,” the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said. “For those who have a very short remaining life span anyway, the benefit of the vaccine may be marginal or irrelevant.” (Treloar and Erik Taraldsen, 1/15)

Are you among the most frail over 80?

No...but what about the other 10?
What about my atrial fibrilation heart and the fever?
Am I better off to just keep on doing what I've been doing since last March, letting everyone else get vaccinated, and taking my chances?
Already there are questions over "public confidence" in the vaccine here.
Govt is asking for more info from Norway.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63354 on: January 17, 2021, 06:42:11 AM »

Barnett, the insurrectionist who enjoyed Pelosi's office, and Jake Chansley the guy in furs and a viking hat are both being detained without bail and being sent back to DC for trial.
An Arkansas judge had ruled that Barnett could be released to home confinement.  But a DC federal judge overruled that.
Good.  These people should be held in jail without bail.  Their guilt of at least minor charges is not in doubt.  And they were part of a dangerous insurrection.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/15/arkansas-riot-release-459807
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63355 on: January 17, 2021, 09:15:07 AM »

Barnett, the insurrectionist who enjoyed Pelosi's office, and Jake Chansley the guy in furs and a viking hat are both being detained without bail and being sent back to DC for trial.
An Arkansas judge had ruled that Barnett could be released to home confinement.  But a DC federal judge overruled that.
Good.  These people should be held in jail without bail.  Their guilt of at least minor charges is not in doubt.  And they were part of a dangerous insurrection.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/15/arkansas-riot-release-459807
Bail is not pretrial punishment and must be offered regardless of the doubt or not in doubt. Bail is a Constitutional right. Threat to public safety is probably the basis for denying bsil.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #63356 on: January 17, 2021, 09:45:58 AM »

The Donald deserves real jail time.
Iran's Ayatollahs still want Israel tossed into the sea and America to die, with suicide murder a blessed death. 
Most of the Gulf states have adopted a modern more realistic approach.
Recognizing Israel's right to exist and seeing the US as a friend.
Their are no death to America celebrations in Saudi Arabia.

What about Palestinian rights?  What about a Palestinian right to have a state, which is the only way to have rights and end their
colonial status.  Even an Israeli human rights group finally denounced the current situation as apartheid. 

Times and ideas have changed. Many Gulf states now recognize Israel and want to modernize. Palestinians do not recognize Israel and just want to blow up infidels as written. OBL was considered an outlaw. The Ayatollahs are absolute coocoos. All deserve a violent drone death before they blow up half the known world in the name of their dark age wargod. What part of "death to America" don't you understand?
The Saudis spread fundamentalist Wahhabi Islam all over the Muslim world, particularly Afghanistan and Pakistan, with their largess,
setting up religious schools and funding teachers etc.  This is a large part of the radical Islam we are fighting all over the globe.

Saudi Arabia is also a repressive society supporting other dictatorships in the ME vs. people's rights and democracy.
The Saudis are antithetical to US interests.  They are or should be our enemy except we have too many business deals and major companies
making huge profits there (oil companies and weapons of death merchants).  They do love our money.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #63357 on: January 17, 2021, 10:24:42 AM »

http://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/this-cult-is-ruining-peoples-lives

I didn't like this. 

The rest of us should look at her and feel pity and compassion. The Christine Priolas of the world have become enemies of democracy—but they are also victims. And saving America means saving them, too.

Who is the "us"?  Why is she a victim? Why do they always start with the excuse-making when white people do something crazy?  Stop that now!   

barton

Re: High Quality 4K video from inside the riot at the capitol
« Reply #63358 on: January 17, 2021, 10:37:47 AM »

There's was one policeman quoted as saying the protesters had more chemical weapons than the police did at his particular checkpoint (bear spray, mace, pepper spray, etc).  Might be time where you have to show ID and leave your name, number, address to buy bear spray.

It's interesting that chemical weapons are illegal in warfare, but are allowed in crowd/riot control.   I guess when you are not supposed to shoot and kill people than it is deemed okay to use temporary incapacitating chemical weapons.

As a wilderness wanderer,  I can tell you that people buying bear spray for anti-human use is amusing.   Though all the sprays feature capsicum,  bear spray actually has a lower concentration and has other stuff that's only effective on bears -- it's fairly weak on humans.   People just stupidly buy it because they assume "stops bears, must be extra powerful."   

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63359 on: January 17, 2021, 10:50:01 AM »

Bail is not pretrial punishment and must be offered regardless of the doubt or not in doubt. Bail is a Constitutional right. Threat to public safety is probably the basis for denying bsil.

Sure, but it's often used that way.
Reasons for denying bail include likelihood of committing further crimes, flight risk, etc.
But the court can weigh the strength of evidence in determining bail.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 11:09:01 AM by josh »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 4222 4223 [4224] 4225 4226 ... 4288