Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4245 4246 [4247] 4248 4249 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1609157 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63690 on: January 19, 2021, 03:30:34 PM »

Whoa.   Doesn't look good.   
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63691 on: January 19, 2021, 03:31:12 PM »

This, in turn, is posted to Bambu, to explain some of why looking out for others is important to many of us:

And bambu replied;

I tried that in high school, then the workplace, being nice to everyone, helping everyone...where did it get me?
Answer: Taken advantage of, treated like a fool...way too nice was I...way too "soft and gentle"...too polite.
Wasn't until I ignored mommy dearest's teaching and made a nail rod in high school and used it on a bully who was hitting me from behind in class that I got peace and 'respect'.
Same in the workplace...until I kicked a supervisor from behind as he walked away having hit me with a heavy computer binder because he felt like it because he was angry at having to get up from his desk and serve a customer after the office was closed to the public and I hadn't known the answer.
I was called "coward" by women in one workplace for not joining the posse and chasing a bank robber, amateur with a note not a gun...into the bowels of the building. Well he could've had a gun or knife hidden.
Branded as "anti-social" in the workplace for not going to the pub after work with the "boys"...but rather going home to new wife.
Pretty, young wife or ugly drunk pub boys?....gee, that was a difficult decision.

Anyway, your man growing the corn only gave his neighbours good corn to make his better.
He was looking after himself.

Everyone looks after themselves first in this world,
Mother Teresa-ilk are probably exceptions.

I look out for others, neighbours, etc.
But no way I'm any automatic good Samaritan.

I point out also;

from the photo;

If I am to grow good corn, I must help my neighbours grow good corn.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #63692 on: January 19, 2021, 03:33:45 PM »

Get guns off the streets. Get them out of the hands of criminals, lunatics, right wing extremists, and other Rambo fantasy incels in Kid’s peer group.

I like CJ's brief aside on gun control in the season 2 opener of West Wing.   Pointing out all the people shot that day besides Bartlett and Josh.   Kid should review that.   
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63693 on: January 19, 2021, 03:34:07 PM »

Any comments on the arrest of John Harris after the Capitol uprising?

You dont need a link for that

Yeah, I do.

I have found many John Harrises, but none arrested after the Capital attempted coup.

My bad.  Sullivan.

No need to comment.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63694 on: January 19, 2021, 03:35:08 PM »

Get guns off the streets. Get them out of the hands of criminals, lunatics, right wing extremists, and other Rambo fantasy incels in Kid’s peer group.

I like CJ's brief aside on gun control in the season 2 opener of West Wing.   Pointing out all the people shot that day besides Bartlett and Josh.   Kid should review that.

Review it?  I referred to it not too long ago

Glad you are enjoying the show

(note:  West Wing has moved to HBO Max)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63695 on: January 19, 2021, 03:40:26 PM »

The Kid found a senseless shooting of an unarmed person who didn't fight back that he can really get upset about.

Criminality unchecked - almost condoned.

I know it bothers youa s much as me.  You just cant admit it.

200K bail reduced to 12K.  Dude had to come up with just 1200 bucks to get out.  Then murdered in cold blood.

Yeah, thats the same as an officer on duty, a public servant in a bad shoot.  You and your kin should be so proud you have made that connection.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63696 on: January 19, 2021, 03:45:18 PM »

Damn, Uno

Are you that desperate?

I would say your last post was low, but you're the guy who insisted I was lying when Dylan Roof murdered my cousin 'to gain sympathy.'

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63697 on: January 19, 2021, 03:52:18 PM »

Another top gang member shot dead on the streets of Sydney last week.
His brother was shot dead some years ago.
About a decade ago it was "machine guns at 50 paces" on a street in Sydney's south west at 1am, bullets sprayed everywhere...into fences, gates, houses, cars ...as armed thugs confronted each other.
Machine guns are illegal.
The bad people always have illegal guns, only the good people obey the laws.
Therefore good people must have guns, to defend themselves from the bad people.
I am not allowed to carry guns, so I'm at the mercy of the bad people thugs, home invaders, serial killers.
Good Americans are allowed to carry guns. Guns are no good locked away safely in homes. They need to be on hand ready to fire as the home invaders smash or creep in...or try to kidnap your 15 yr old daughter off the front verandah, as happened to one girl in America. She escaped, only because she was able to wriggle one of her hands thru the handcuff.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 03:54:54 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63698 on: January 19, 2021, 03:58:56 PM »

For better or worse, our lives are physical expressions of the narrative we tell ourselves everyday. This narrative is a story about the world the world around us which we adopt and act as a character in. How we see ourselves in light of our past and current circumstances determines the role we play. We’re either the victim, blaming others for our lives, or the victor, taking responsibility for our lives.

If we’re honest, we all go back and forth between the two. Unfortunately, none of us are immune from the disease of self-pity. I see it in myself and I’m absolutely disgusted by it. Reflecting on the past in order to heal is necessary, but living in the past is a recipe for disaster. I believe these narratives are the most dangerous forces in society, limiting our personal and collective growth.

For example, in October 2017, Dr. Joanna Williams told the Sunday Telegraph, “When you teach girls they are victims they believe it. But this is not in keeping with reality and it can become quite debilitating.”

Yet much of our culture is absolutely addicted to the victim narrative. Retelling over and over the pain that was inflicted on us by a particular group can cause irreparable harm. As I said earlier, there’s nothing wrong with addressing the pain of the past, but creating a movement around that pain is unhealthy and won’t bring about positive change. This is why, even as a black man, I’m conflicted when it comes to groups like Black Lives Matter. All this approach does is create discord, division and fear along racial, gender, sexual, class, politics and religious lines. If we as people are to heal, we need to let go of the pain of the past no matter how horrific.

https://shiftermagazine.com/joe-mebrahtu/black-victim-narrative

Now, that is a real man! You could learn from him, Larry.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63699 on: January 19, 2021, 04:01:14 PM »

Damn, Uno

Are you that desperate?

I would say your last post was low, but you're the guy who insisted I was lying when Dylan Roof murdered my cousin 'to gain sympathy.'

Where's the low, Larry?

Maybe you should post honestly, and you'll get less of what you deserve.

You're a sick puppy, Utley.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63700 on: January 19, 2021, 04:03:02 PM »

Trump leaves office with DOW near 31k

Take a long look at your portfolios, folks

Gold and silver (especially) sure looking good right now.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63701 on: January 19, 2021, 04:05:31 PM »

You just don't get it...

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63702 on: January 19, 2021, 04:06:07 PM »

Damn, Uno

Are you that desperate?

Where's the low, Larry?

Maybe you should post honestly, and you'll get less of what you deserve.

You're a sick puppy, Utley.

No, I'm just made of sterner stuff than you.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63703 on: January 19, 2021, 04:09:15 PM »

The nearly 1000000 officially documented as being unemployed think differently about the economy kid.

Maybe because they know the stock market isn't the economy.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63704 on: January 19, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »

In what world does casually tossed-off cruelty count as “sterner stuff?”
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 4245 4246 [4247] 4248 4249 ... 4288