Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4259 4260 [4261] 4262 4263 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604579 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63900 on: January 20, 2021, 02:02:22 PM »

Carter,

Remind me again what Trump accomplished.  Remember, you don't include congressional initiatives and policy-making -- you have to cite measures that Trump himself originated and saw through to fruition.  Also bear in mind that relations between Bahrain, UAE, and Israel were already in the works for obvious geopolitical reasons, so Trump can't claim those, either.  OK, have at it.  Good luck.  Be cautioned that alert readers here will apply fact-checking and critical thinking skills to items on your list.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63901 on: January 20, 2021, 02:04:45 PM »

Remind you?

Stop.....

You are being a  dick - or are just stupid.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63902 on: January 20, 2021, 02:06:59 PM »

I don't see any here.

That's on you, not us.

It's been there, repeatedly. Including today.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63903 on: January 20, 2021, 02:08:15 PM »

Nothing makes me laugh harder than Kid calling somebody “stupid.”
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63904 on: January 20, 2021, 02:08:40 PM »

Carter,

Remind me again what Trump accomplished.  Remember, you don't include congressional initiatives and policy-making -- you have to cite measures that Trump himself originated and saw through to fruition.  Also bear in mind that relations between Bahrain, UAE, and Israel were already in the works for obvious geopolitical reasons, so Trump can't claim those, either.  OK, have at it.  Good luck.  Be cautioned that alert readers here will apply fact-checking and critical thinking skills to items on your list.

Is this only for Kid or can anybody play?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63905 on: January 20, 2021, 02:16:58 PM »

The protest in Albany.

But the crowd doubled...

In Montana, there was one person, too, but he was supporting that the election is over and Biden won.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63906 on: January 20, 2021, 02:18:39 PM »

Excellent president.

You sound like a proud boy.

Also, you sound like Trump himself, the bullshitter in chief.

Trump will almost certainly occupy the lower ranks of presidents, and very likely be considered the worst ever.  The refusal to concede defeat and pushing things into political violence ensured that.
Well as far as we know he did not lose the White House china in a poker game, knock up his neighbor's wife in a White House closet or refer to his penis as "Jerry" in letters to his mistress. Harding sets such a high bar at being the low bar, but Trump's response to COVID and everything he has done in the two and a half months since the election may push him over the top. Or under the bottom as you prefer.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

barton

« Reply #63907 on: January 20, 2021, 02:21:14 PM »

Remind you?

Stop.....

I'm just very stupid.  My memory for Trump achievements is just shot.  Wait...there was something...sounded like Spice Horse?  Pace Morse?  Whatever it was, I guess it made him feel accomplishy!  I know some people got cool hats!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 02:24:29 PM by barton »

barton

« Reply #63908 on: January 20, 2021, 02:22:13 PM »

Carter,

The more the merrier, Josh.  I'm planning to be educated and inspired!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63909 on: January 20, 2021, 02:25:07 PM »

Remind you?

Stop.....

Kid got nothing.

Trump did all harm and no good. He had a lot of help with the harm. He and his flunkies should be held to account.

This is the job of us citizens not our President, who must focus on fixing the colossal republican mess  so the country can be a beacon rather than the failed state of the previous administration.

As evil pricks like Mitch, Josh Hawley, Tucker, Hannity, and the like begin their efforts to sabotage the Biden administration we will let them know how fresh their gleeful support of a corrupt regime and a fascist coup still is in our memories and how low they stand in our good graces. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63910 on: January 20, 2021, 02:29:56 PM »

Carter,

The more the merrier, Josh.  I'm planning to be educated and inspired!

Trump's dictum at the outset that restricted administration folks from becoming lobbyists for 5 years and even from shadow-lobbying for the first year was very good. He wasn't the first to do any such thing, but his closed some loopholes. And had he left it in place, it would have been great instead of just one more political game. But even given that last, it was still good while in place.

I thought his reaching out to Kim of North Korea was a good thing, even if it was doomed to failure by a man better at playing games than Trump ever was.

I'm not a fan of Gorsuch's political leanings, for the most part, but I thought Gorsuch was a very credible nominee for SCOTUS. (No, can't say the same about the next two, for different reasons.) Yes, Gorsuch should not have had a seat to fill until the next one, but that's not his fault nor does it change the quality of the nomination.

I'll pause, as I don't want to deprive Kid of anything he might wish to add.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #63911 on: January 20, 2021, 02:35:53 PM »

Objectively speaking he improved the VA appeal process, halted mass illegal immigration, and temporarily stopped entry by jihadists.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63912 on: January 20, 2021, 02:39:02 PM »

Trump leaves office with DOW near 31k

Not only isn't the stock market not the economy, but the Top 1% wealthiest Americans own 40% of all stocks, while 85% of stocks are owned by the Top 10%.
So it's mostly a matter of the rich getting richer under a GOP president.  What a surprise.  Trump's Trillion $ tax cut resulted in lots of already cash-flush corporations buying back their stocks to pump up their stock prices for their already wealthy investors and executives.  With hardly a ripple in the real economy where the other 90% live.  The economy always does better under DEM presidents than under GOP.  The Clinton Boom was bigger than the Reagan Boom.
While big financial crashes and scandals always occur under GOP rule.

Fwiw,
From Trump's inauguration day, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose from 19,827 to 30,930 on Tuesday, a 56 percent increase.

That increase is below the 73.2 percent rise the Dow saw in Obama's first term, or the 105.8 percent increase under Clinton's first term.

Trump leaves office with 31% approval.  Lowest ever recorded.
Wonder why?

51%

36% strong approve

Likely your 31 referred to that second number - polled by a different group.  And the overall is much higher

Trump never lost the deplorables.

Say what you will about thier blind faith to the fascist killer clown, but they were loyal or just too damn stupid to see what was going on.

Many people believe that Trump's border wall, so called "Muslim ban" (ask victims of 9/11, Boston bombings, and terror attacks in Europe what they think), tax cuts, foreign policy and trade policies (and the 1,000,000 jobs they created) were great for America.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #63913 on: January 20, 2021, 02:53:56 PM »

President Biden needs to wear hats, he needs to wear the cool hats like Humphrey Bogart wore. I just think our President would look cool in hats, he needs to add hats to his wardrobe. 

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63914 on: January 20, 2021, 02:57:15 PM »

Many people believe that Trump's border wall, so called "Muslim ban" (ask victims of 9/11, Boston bombings, and terror attacks in Europe what they think), tax cuts, foreign policy and trade policies (and the 1,000,000 jobs they created) were great for America.

And? 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 4259 4260 [4261] 4262 4263 ... 4288