Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4270 4271 [4272] 4273 4274 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585021 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #64065 on: February 22, 2021, 10:30:50 PM »

Trump's longtime accounting firm, Mazars USA, said it "remains committed to fulfilling all of our professional and legal obligations."

So, they'll be turning over all their subpoenaed records.

Good.

Law and order always is

Not even remotely.

Japanese internment.

Slaves as property.

So many cases. So little goodness in them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64066 on: February 23, 2021, 10:24:53 AM »

Law and order always is

My life experience and my studies of Amreican history, and world history, have taught me that the term "law and order" is widely interpreted and, as Inigo Montoya might say does "not mean what you think it means"!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #64067 on: February 23, 2021, 02:15:30 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #64068 on: February 24, 2021, 07:55:12 PM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #64069 on: February 26, 2021, 01:36:40 PM »

Wearing a mask will provide a fair degree of protection, and in conjunction with other measures will prevent infections and save lives.

I'm glad you know more than the scientists, Bo.

Do as you will.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64070 on: February 26, 2021, 07:13:33 PM »

Wearing a mask will provide a fair degree of protection, and in conjunction with other measures will prevent infections and save lives.

Do as you will.

Hey, I can admit I was wrong here, too, Bo.

Want to place it in a few more spaces?!

I listened to Fauci's public statements and believed them.

I blame Trump more than Fauci, because Trump had all the info he needed to warn us and he chose to withhold it.

But it was my mistake, not Trump's or Fauci's, that prompted my comment.

You were very right.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #64071 on: February 26, 2021, 09:31:54 PM »

Do as you will.

Hey, I can admit I was wrong here, too, Bo.

Want to place it in a few more spaces?!

I listened to Fauci's public statements and believed them.

I blame Trump more than Fauci, because Trump had all the info he needed to warn us and he chose to withhold it.

But it was my mistake, not Trump's or Fauci's, that prompted my comment.

You were very right.

Seppuku now!  Bo wants his .45 kg of flesh.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #64072 on: February 27, 2021, 01:06:12 AM »

Oh, I put all those early virus flashback posts here by accident and then shifted them over to the Biden Admin thread.  I thought I deleted them all from here.  That was the last one, which obviously I missed.  Oops.

I often have a hassle using this site, frequently getting the captcha verification which often won't even work if i try to complete it, so mostly I just have to jam on refresh a bunch of times until I get to the site as opposed to the captcha.  So it's frequently not easy for me to post, edit my typo-laden posts, or delete multiple posts.

I actually made a brief attempt to find find my call for Cuomo to resign, but the Search function is pretty feeble and I have no idea which month I posted that (around May?  June?), but skimming a week or so of the early March early-CV posts was weird and resulted in those few gems.  And I didn't intend to call out Josh, one of the few who does admit past mistakes, as basically everyone here was a mask-skeptic early on.  But that was the first direct anti-mask post I ran across. 

As for Fauci and mask dismissal, it was simply based on the fact that the US had a shortage of masks, and these were needed by health care professionals.  But that doesn't excuse misinforming people that masks don't work, aren't useful, have hidden dangers.  If masks didn't work, why would the frontline health care workers need them? 

Basically they just covered up one gov't failure -- there was no adequate stockpile and the gov't didn't direct factories to start mass producing facemasks back in Jan and Feb.  So people might die due to the unavailability of simple $0.80 facemasks.   Furthermore, denigrating masks and casting doubt on their efficacy made it harder later to switch gears and convince people they needed to wear masks.  While the conflicting messages and sudden reversal undercut confidence in science and health professionals.  And simply scientists shouldn't deliberately misinform people, no matter their motives.

A lot of that is on Fauci.  Plus the fact that he never fully stood up to Trump and allowed the virus to spread and Americans to get sick and die.  When an emergency hit, Fauci failed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 02:06:55 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64073 on: February 28, 2021, 03:28:54 PM »

2 straw polls being conducted at CPAC

One with Trump in, one with him out

I think I saw that it came out 55% Trump, 21% DeSantis in the first one
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64074 on: February 28, 2021, 03:40:39 PM »

"Joe Biden has has the most disastrous first month of any president in history"

- 4th line of Trump CPAC speech

Sounds like he is running in '24.  Pelosi was right to throw the Hail Mary to get him disqualified.

Some say what comes out in his tax returns may make it so he does NOT run (or cannot).  We'll see.  Not banking on that thought.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 03:42:18 PM by kidcarter8 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #64075 on: February 28, 2021, 04:40:46 PM »

"Joe Biden I has  has had the most disastrous first last month of any president in history"--Donald Trump

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64076 on: February 28, 2021, 04:55:05 PM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_6031b49ac5b66da5dba1e428

It’s not the piece of shit that’s the problem. It’s the shit worshippers.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #64077 on: February 28, 2021, 08:25:22 PM »

This is what America is up against.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
The non Trump polling
« Reply #64078 on: February 28, 2021, 09:04:09 PM »

DESANTIS   43 per cent

NOEM   11 per cent

others...

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64079 on: February 28, 2021, 11:07:03 PM »

Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel on Sunday said Republicans "overwhelmingly" agree with former President Donald Trump's actions in office.

In an interview on CBS News’ “Face The Nation,” McDaniel conceded Republicans have their differences as well, but are more united than divided

"The voters are saying overwhelmingly they agree with what President Trump did in office," McDaniel said. "As you see Joe Biden strip away energy independence and cancel the Keystone pipeline, as you see Joe Biden say, I'm going to prioritize opening our borders over opening our schools, opening our economies, when you see the vaccine rollout that started under Operation Warp Speed in less than a year — these are the types of things that voters are saying they saw happen in the Trump administration and now they're seeing the Biden administration strip those things away."

According to McDaniel, the party “overwhelmingly agrees with each other on more than we disagree with each other,” citing Republican governors who “are leading across the country are following the science, keeping the kids safe and healthy, but getting them back into school.”

“These are the things that our party stands for, opening up our economy, opening up our schools,” she said.

“You're seeing more and more Republicans recognize we need to unite around how do we win back these majorities and stop [President Joe] Biden in his tracks,” she said.

According to McDaniel, the GOP has denounced white supremacy, but Democrats haven’t done the same about Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan or Antifa.

“We passed a resolution unanimously from the RNC members three years ago saying we condemn white supremacy, anti-Semitism, KKK, and I'm going to add QAnon to that,” she said.

“They are not welcome in our party. I have not seen Democrats do that with Louis Farrakhan, who calls the Jewish people termites. I have not seen them do that with Antifa, who last night committed violence again in Portland,” she said.
Pages: 1 ... 4270 4271 [4272] 4273 4274 ... 4288