Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4274 4275 [4276] 4277 4278 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601612 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #64125 on: March 11, 2021, 06:56:13 PM »

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64126 on: March 12, 2021, 07:44:54 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cosmo-mocked-rebekah-jones-puffy-coverage
Fox News denouncing someone as a "publicly dishonest conspiracy theorist with a dodgy past" is the funniest thing ever.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64127 on: March 12, 2021, 08:02:04 PM »

If it's true it's true
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #64128 on: March 12, 2021, 08:49:45 PM »

The reporter does no investigation but rather relies on snips from the Washington Examiner,  and twitter quotes from uncredentialed sources.   While it may be the case that Cosmo did a puffy piece,  that is in no way probative that Jones's allegations are false.   The journalist quoted at the start,  Mark Hemingway,  is a far right hack for RCP. 

There is considerable evidence,  from multiple sources,  that Jones's core contention is correct:  Florida doctored its covid data and misled the public.   Josh,  myself,  and another member posted on this a few months back.   Attacking Jones's character is far easier than refuting her evidence.   I notice Fox hasn't managed the latter.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64129 on: March 12, 2021, 09:17:27 PM »

If it's true it's true

Which you only apply to Dems.

GOP folks get "due process" from you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64130 on: March 12, 2021, 10:25:10 PM »

If it's true it's true

You would have to be much more specific for me to give u a response

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64131 on: March 12, 2021, 11:13:30 PM »

If it's true it's true
And if it's false, it's Fox.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64132 on: March 13, 2021, 11:12:17 AM »

If it's true it's true

You would have to have integrity for me to spend time digging for the ample specifics.

Instead, it would be a huge waste of time, rather than this small one.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64133 on: March 13, 2021, 05:24:35 PM »

In this last cycle, as in every modern cycle, the preponderance of discovered illegal votes were by republicans for republicans. Republicans feel they could have cheated more last year and are gearing up more and bigger cheating for the next cycle through their state legislative majorities.

Kiid hopes this will make his party more successful despite them being a platformless collection of grifters, sadists, and parasites. Kiid is as always a dirty, dirty boy.

http://www.salon.com/2021/03/13/time-to-see-trump-as-a-normal-politician-grubby-grasping-corrupt-and-banal/
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #64134 on: March 13, 2021, 05:35:42 PM »

If it's true it's true

I wrote a highly specific response,  touching on the article's points and sources,  and yet you didn't reply to that either.   So why should Josh believe he wouldn't also get a nonresponse?   Blowing off on-point posts violates the basic purpose of a political thread,  and diminishes anyone's motivation to give you a fuller response.   If you want to have intelligent discourse,  you need to provide your own thinking and evidence for your positions,  and respond to others when they do same.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64135 on: March 13, 2021, 11:11:46 PM »

I linked to a piece on Rebekah Jones

Someone defended her.

I said, if it's true it's true

Nothing more.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64136 on: March 13, 2021, 11:15:09 PM »

Josh's comment on how I treat Republicans differently is what needed clarification - and SPECIFICITY

So no, Barton - you aren't involved in that.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64137 on: March 13, 2021, 11:43:29 PM »

Cosmopolitan also praised Jones’ now-panned media tour in 2020, recounting that she took on DeSantis "on CNN, NPR, CBS, and Twitter, each time coming off as self-assured, almost bored, wildly in command of the science – and not at all intimidated by the pugilistic governor who seemed obsessed with discrediting her." Among Jones' interviewers was CNN’s Chris Cuomo, whose puffy sitdowns with his big brother, Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, around the same time period brought unprecedented embarrassment to the liberal network.

The piece, penned by Florida-based journalist Emily Bloch, also strangely tied DeSantis’ approval rating to Jones' criticisms, calling her a "pandemic cult hero, a sort of Floridian Fauci."

Barton?

Any response to this - other than just disparaging the writer's persona?

Was the Cosmo puff piece really an honest appraisal?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64138 on: March 13, 2021, 11:56:33 PM »

The FDLE said the investigation began Nov. 10 after the agency received a complaint from the Health Department that someone illegally accessed a state emergency-alert messaging system, known as ReadyOp. Agents said they found a message sent from Jones's residence in Tallahassee.

They said that evidence retrieved from a search warrant Dec. 7 showed Jones illegally accessed the state system and sent a message to approximately 1,750 people. They also said she downloaded confidential Health Department data and saved it to her devices.

And this?  Barton?  Hello?  Class?  Anyone?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64139 on: March 14, 2021, 12:33:26 AM »

Josh's comment on how I treat Republicans differently is what needed clarification - and SPECIFICITY

So no, Barton - you aren't involved in that.

(a) No, it needs neither clarification nor specificity. Barton's comment was on point.

(b) You keep trying to make the rules here about who can talk to whom about what, when, and where. If you want a private dialog with me, send me a private message. If you want post your bullshit were everybody who has not yet put you on ignore can see it, then they have the right to respond to it and you if they so choose.

They are involved in it by virtue of your having posted it in a forum in which they are equal members with you.

Get the fuck over yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 4274 4275 [4276] 4277 4278 ... 4288