Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4275 4276 [4277] 4278 4279 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583810 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #64140 on: March 14, 2021, 03:26:56 AM »

Rebekah Jones is a hero who not only saved the lives of many of her fellow Floridians but also numerous others likewise cursed with governors as negligent or derelict in their duty, venal, and corrupt as Ron DeSantis, by sharing the facts with people who needed to know.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64141 on: March 14, 2021, 09:35:33 AM »

Josh's comment on how I treat Republicans differently is what needed clarification - and SPECIFICITY

So no, Barton - you aren't involved in that.

(a) No, it needs neither clarification nor specificity. Barton's comment was on point.

(b) You keep trying to make the rules here about who can talk to whom about what, when, and where. If you want a private dialog with me, send me a private message. If you want post your bullshit were everybody who has not yet put you on ignore can see it, then they have the right to respond to it and you if they so choose.

They are involved in it by virtue of your having posted it in a forum in which they are equal members with you.

Get the fuck over yourself.

You miss the point

Barton is using his response from earlier for something I posted after that - MY response to YOU saying I treated Republican cases differently.

Barton post was about the Rebekah Jones case/Cosmo piece.  Which is fine.  I read his comment and he was irked I guess that I didnt then respond.

My post to YOU asking to clarify regarded your assertion that I had asked for more complete due process depending on the subject of the case.

Do you want to discuss Jones/DeSantis/FLA now - defend or indict Miss Jones - or clarify and bring up a former case where I treated someone else differently?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 09:45:29 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64142 on: March 14, 2021, 12:14:55 PM »

Josh's comment on how I treat Republicans differently is what needed clarification - and SPECIFICITY

So no, Barton - you aren't involved in that.

(a) No, it needs neither clarification nor specificity. Barton's comment was on point.

(b) You keep trying to make the rules here about who can talk to whom about what, when, and where. If you want a private dialog with me, send me a private message. If you want post your bullshit were everybody who has not yet put you on ignore can see it, then they have the right to respond to it and you if they so choose.

They are involved in it by virtue of your having posted it in a forum in which they are equal members with you.

Get the fuck over yourself.

You miss the point

No, Kid.

Nothing you just said had a damned thing to do with either his point or mine.

Almost every time you or Ward say you want one of us to support our position on something and we provide that support, you ignore the data or, in his case, lie about it sometimes, instead.

And no, I am not going to bother supporting this claim (again), either.

You have taught me well.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #64143 on: March 14, 2021, 09:34:01 PM »

Hopefully Trump will return in 2024 just in time to stop China's invasion of Taiwan and other US allies.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #64145 on: March 16, 2021, 12:16:23 PM »

I like Juan Williams.  It says something for Fox News that they retain him as a political analyst.  Though they remain strongly partisan in most of the rest of their content. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64146 on: March 16, 2021, 04:51:00 PM »

Not just Juan

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #64147 on: March 22, 2021, 07:08:28 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64148 on: April 12, 2021, 02:38:27 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64149 on: April 12, 2021, 11:12:50 PM »

Love the art work.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64150 on: April 12, 2021, 11:18:06 PM »

The great irony here is that Trump has been so successful at remaking the GOP in his own image that the party doesn't really need him anymore. Sure, they'll try to avoid provoking his wrath. But every viable candidate for president in 2024 is going to be following Trump's lead on immigration, trade, and waging a rhetorically ferocious culture war against the left — and most of them will be doing it without Trump's own considerable personal liabilities, including the hatred of a large swath of the electorate.

Interesting.  Though I think the hate will be there for any Republican candidate.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64151 on: April 12, 2021, 11:49:53 PM »

The great irony here is that Trump has been so successful at remaking the GOP in his own image that the party doesn't really need him anymore. Sure, they'll try to avoid provoking his wrath. But every viable candidate for president in 2024 is going to be following Trump's lead on immigration, trade, and waging a rhetorically ferocious culture war against the left — and most of them will be doing it without Trump's own considerable personal liabilities, including the hatred of a large swath of the electorate.

Interesting.  Though I think the hate will be there for any Republican candidate.

I can't be bothered to find yet another of your uncited quotations' source, Kid.

But I think it nailed it on the head in talking about Trump's hatred of a large swath of the electorate, but I think your correction of it with regard to future GOP candidates is right - the hatred of the electorate will be there for them to grasp and apply, as well.

I do wish I understood why so much hatred by the GOP "leaders" for the public.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64152 on: April 13, 2021, 06:51:55 AM »

I can't be bothered to find yet another of your uncited quotations' source, Kid.

But I think it nailed it on the head in talking about Trump's hatred of a large swath of the electorate, but I think your correction of it with regard to future GOP candidates is right - the hatred of the electorate will be there for them to grasp and apply, as well.

I do wish I understood why so much hatred by the GOP "leaders" for the public.

He's quoting from the piece I posted just before his comments.

You might want to read the whole piece, then apologize for your own oversight.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64153 on: April 17, 2021, 11:26:55 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/politics/epa-cancer-ethylene-oxide/index.html

Trump political appointee blocked release of a report about cancer-causing gas in a neighborhood.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64154 on: April 18, 2021, 02:31:45 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4275 4276 [4277] 4278 4279 ... 4288