Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
November 18, 2017, 07:49:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: Central and South America  (Read 2036 times)
beso1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2008, 06:23:42 PM »

Martin, there will never be a "last chance" for Argentina; some day she'll shine.

But I've said it before, bears repeating, you cannot overburden producers and expect them to fork over the lion's share of income to the government. They will just stop producing, or go black-market when they can. That country, every country, needs exports, to sell the products they are best suited to produce, in order to import the products they are least-suited to produce.

The real risk is to ride so hard, that it demoralizes the producers. Even the most determined fires will succumb to the relentless fire hose. Once the human spirit is crushed, it is much harder to revive!

Governments just need to get out of the way, and give the fires air. I'll die saying it.
martinbeck3

VIVA EL CAMPO ARGENTINO

fun+and+lit
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2008, 12:45:20 PM »

BESO PRESIDENTE!!! BESO PRESIDENTE!!!
You are totally right.Most small and medium campo producers have already gone black otherwise they can´t survive.What the gvt. offers is that they go white and get some taxes back but if they so they die.The big ones will swallow all the small ones and then there will be only a few big producers and the K´s are very efficient at convincing a few with some money.This -to BOCA´s suprise- is a movement called by the independant small producers,mostly gringos descendants.
elportenito1

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2008, 10:21:24 AM »

Martin, beso, madupont, e tutti cuanti:

NO, the "ruralists" are a TROYAN horse, a splinter under the nail of democraticaly elected governements in Latin America, orchestrated by we all know "who", as the Santa Cruz de La Sierra separatist movement of Bolivia, this is pure "gorillism" (from gorilla) a la 1955.

These people, are simply orchestrating a coup d' etat, only that his time the army can't be seen (yet?) this is as UNDEMOCRATIC (ANTIDEMOCRATICO) as the worse of the previous coups by the oligarchies of Latin America, only that now the technics are diferent, the useful idiots (idiotas utiles) are behaving exactly the same as they always did in the past (1976)

The privilleged want to keep being just that, privilleged. And in order to do so, they won't stop at anything. For the time being the thing is "mild", as mild as cripling the economy can be.

This hasn't ended yet, and the end of it might be anything yet.

THIS IS SERIOUS.

damaging to the economy and menacing to the popullation in general. This is simply the FACE of globalism showing itself for the first time this century in ALL its brutal ugliness.

in vino veritas
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2008, 01:47:34 PM »

martinbeck3

First thing that I saw this morning, when I went on-line.

http://autos.aol.com/article/news/_a/argentine-family-spends-47-days-in-81/20080530093509990001?ncid=AOLCOMMautodynlsec0004
beso1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2008, 09:30:38 PM »

HA!! Elport, you always give me a giggle. Farmers as priveleged? Is that what you really say?

Confirm, please, I read you right (your message WAS a bit befuddling). Another 4X evening?
beso1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2008, 07:27:29 AM »

Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez has indicated eagerness to "work with" the new US President, acknowledging at the same time that only one, Obama, has said he would meet Hugo while McCain refused. I imagine his vision is US money and Hugo direction:^) Hugo endorses Barack Hussein.

I'm sure it's soon Fidel will endorse BO, as well.
elportenito1

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2008, 10:03:25 AM »

beso1: Even you will HAVE to endorse Obama,

"apres moi le delluge"   Obama, the man with the mojo.

in vino veritas
beso1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »

Whoa, hope not:^)

Are farmers privileged??? Essential question!
Donotremove
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »

Martin, there's an article by Maxine Swann about Buenos Aires (she's lived there the last seven years) in the NYTimes Book Review:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/19/garden/19argentina.html?ref=books

The view of Plaza Las Heras she and her former husband, Juan, a native Argentinian, had from their first apartment there is lovely with the BA skyline in the background.  Be sure to look at the slide show that accompanies the article.  Such an interesting place you live in my friend.
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »

Martin,

http://blog.aclu.org/2008/06/10/ariel-dorfman-speaks-out/

This is what got me in trouble over a year ago when I mentioned that Dorfman called for Christopher Reeve to fly down and join demonstration of protest against the gov't.

I was followed around for a bit by a fellow who claimed he was living there, in school, and not able to find access to books (suppressed) but then denied there was any suppression of intellectuals.  He sounded like a very confused person who wanted to believe two opposing  concepts of which was the reality?

beso1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »

Martin and other Argies:

I read the shelves are getting bare in the markets in Argentina. How are you guys coping? Not eating dogs, yet, are you? :^)

In other news, Ortega in Nicaragua has manuevered opposition parties into non-registry for future elections: Chaves will be watching this one closely! Sounds like even the Sandinistas can't stand, my oh my. Ortega and Aleman forever. Mono y chancho, indomitables. Just what Nicaragua needs, :^(
beso1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2008, 06:58:22 PM »

More to: indomables, indomados

Caribarros mejor dicho!
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2008, 11:41:52 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/2171364/Argentina-agrees-to-investigate-case-of-the-British-%27disappeared%27.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/05/17/sm_argentina17.xml&page=1
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »

MS 13 started as a Salvadoran protection gang in Los Angeles, California.

Link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13

And the gang formed from among the Salvadoran immigrants in Los Angeles who had left El Salvador because of the civil war in El Salvador, the communists were trying to take over El Salvador, and the ones who came to America were the ones whom had fought against the communists and whom were on the side of the USA and democracy. Have no doubt as well that at some point the CIA probably worked with MS 13 as partners against the spread of communism, MS 13 is against communism.

MS 13 started in Los Angeles among freedom loving people from El Salvador.

Of note as well, was that MS 13 was a protection gang to help to protect them from the Bloods, and from the Crips, and from other African American gangs, and also from prison gangs, etc, etc, etc.

MS 13 is a homegrown gang, it did not originate in El Salvador.

Salute,

Tony V.
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2017, 04:26:24 PM »

We need to unite here in the Western Hemisphere, and we all need to work together as a team, from the top of Alaska to the bottom of Chile, for the betterment of all of us. We do not need any walls. We have over one billion Christians here in the Western Hemisphere, and we need to work together as a team.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: