Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583808 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »

Well, at least the ignore function still works!

I wonder if Elba had stricter immigration policies, if we could

Make Elba Great Again?

#MEGA!

Very possible.  We're going to build a wall.  The most powerful firewall ever in the history of the world.  Oklahoma will pay for it. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2018, 12:00:15 PM »

Well, at least the ignore function still works!

I wonder if Elba had stricter immigration policies, if we could

Make Elba Great Again?

#MEGA!

Very possible.  We're going to build a wall.  The most powerful firewall ever in the history of the world.  Oklahoma will pay for it.

Thats OK with me.

Anyone got a link  for passports/drivers licenses/birth certificates?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2018, 12:40:20 PM »

To begin with, 80 percent of the children who have crossed over since 2014 are not with parents but are unaccompanied. Only 20 percent come with parents.

LOL. How do these dimwits think this statistic disproves the Trump Administration policy of separating children from parents legally requesting refugee status, and their failure to fully comply with court ordered reunification?

Why do you think they are saying it does?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2018, 12:54:27 PM »

For the moment the torture fetish behind it is still socially unacceptable.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2018, 12:58:31 PM »

I'd be surprised if I continue to discuss politics here.  But if this thread plays out reasonably, without rancor and name calling, and includes useful links and info, I'd happily stick around and contribute.
Been nice knowing you.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2018, 01:10:09 PM »

Bo, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Your voice and vision would add a lot to this board. It would be great to add your take on issues that concern the other side of the big ocean.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2018, 01:38:56 PM »

To begin with, 80 percent of the children who have crossed over since 2014 are not with parents but are unaccompanied. Only 20 percent come with parents.

LOL. How do these dimwits think this statistic disproves the Trump Administration policy of separating children from parents legally requesting refugee status, and their failure to fully comply with court ordered reunification?

The title of the piece of garbage you linked to, for a start; "Government data shows the entire "family separation" crisis was built of lies."

And then how it uses that very statistic and others to argue that "the illegals are self-separating from their kids" before shifting to argue that the kids who are left here after being separated will become future gang members.

Illuminating stuff kidcarter8.  Reposting it (twice) saying far more about your deplorable views than shedding any light on the family separation issue.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2018, 01:41:00 PM »

A dispatch from current family separation hearings, for anyone interested in knowing what actually happened:

BREAKING: Commander Jonathan White of HHS just admitted he warned Trump @realDonaldTrump & Sessions about "significant risk of harm" & "psychological injury" as consequence of zero tolerance & was ignored: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-ice-border-patrol-testify-at-senate-hearing-on-family-separations … @KPBSMidday

https://twitter.com/jeanguerre/status/1024341961778622465
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2018, 01:42:03 PM »

I'd be surprised if I continue to discuss politics here.  But if this thread plays out reasonably, without rancor and name calling, and includes useful links and info, I'd happily stick around and contribute.
Been nice knowing you.

;D

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2018, 02:00:57 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/31/us/politics/facebook-political-campaign-midterms.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Facebook announced on Tuesday that it has identified a coordinated political influence campaign, with dozens of inauthentic accounts and pages that are believed to be engaging in political activity around divisive social issues ahead of November’s midterm elections.

When asked if Russia was involved in meddling with Facebook accounts to influence the '18 elections, it was unclear whether Putin said, "nyet" or "not yet"

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2018, 03:37:26 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2018, 04:07:12 PM »

Been nice knowing you.

We all know only one of us provides useful links

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2018, 04:09:26 PM »

The title of the piece of garbage you linked to, for a start; "Government data shows the entire "family separation" crisis was built of lies."

And then how it uses that very statistic and others to argue that "the illegals are self-separating from their kids" before shifting to argue that the kids who are left here after being separated will become future gang members.

Illuminating stuff kidcarter8.  Reposting it (twice) saying far more about your deplorable views than shedding any light on the family separation issue.

They lay out the numbers fairly clearly.  Leaves plenty of room for parents separated from their children and having legit angst about it.  Just doesnt describe as high a percentage of the cases as the left would have you believe

barton

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2018, 04:13:00 PM »

"I am looking into 3-D Plastic Guns being sold to the public,” Trump said. “Already spoke to NRA, doesn’t seem to make much sense!”

Blind squirrel found an acorn.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2018, 04:22:28 PM »

During Senate testimony earlier in the day, HHS Secretary Alex Azar told legislators children couldn’t be reunited with parents in detention unless the law was modified or parents completed their legal process:

We’re not allowed to have a child be with a parent who is in custody of the Department of Homeland Security for more than 20 days. And so until we can get Congress to change that law, the forcible separation there of the family units, we’ll hold them or place them with another family relative in the United States. But we are working to get all of these kids ready to be placed back with their parents, get that all cleared up, as soon as if Congress passes a change or if those parents complete their immigration proceedings, we can then reunify

--------------

If you’re smuggling a child, then we’re going to prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you, probably, as required by law. If you don’t want your child separated, then don’t bring them across the border illegally. It’s not our fault that somebody does that.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/06/26/hhs-detained-parents-prolonged-child-detention/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 4288