Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584112 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2018, 07:48:02 PM »

3-D printer guns will be a hundred times the nightmare that legal military style weapons are now.   Unregistered, untraceable, invisible.  If Trump can't man up and admit his administration goofed on this,  then he deserves whatever happens to him.   You'd think stopping this kind of weapon would be one matter all politicians could agree on,  at a very visceral level.   I. E. SELF PRESERVATION.  I don't get why the web hasn't exploded over this today.   The blueprints go up TOMORROW.

heh

keep us posted

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2018, 07:48:53 PM »

California needs to build the high speed trains faster, because the price seems to be going up over time. In the future the prices are just going to be higher. And along with the California high speed rail, we need to build high speed rail between Anaheim and Las Vegas. 

And one section of the high speed train that needs to be built now is a high speed train between Los Angeles and Lancaster, and that will generate a lot of money in support of the project.

Of note too, is that it will help make for a nicer experience for tourists. Tourists could hop on a high speed train in Los Angeles and go to the wine country, etc. Tourism creates over one hundred and sixty thousand jobs in Orange County alone, and the high speed rail will make it nicer for the tourists. 

Our high speed trains need to happen quickly, we need to work on more locations to get it all done faster. The best way to keep the prices down is to get it built, and then get it making money from lots of ridership.

Have you seen how crowded the 405 freeway is in Los Angeles? And the other freeways are crowded too. California has the worst traffic in the nation. So, because we have the worst traffic, we need solutions, and the high speed trains will help. It only makes sense that California should have high speed trains. Then there there is also the issue of clean transportation, etc, and going green makes everyone feel better. 

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2018, 08:02:22 PM »

People in Californa have never shown any particular inclination to get out of their cars. High-speed rail seems an expensive gamble.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2018, 08:10:13 PM »

You just confused Tony V.

High speed trains work in Japan,  but the Japanese actually use mass transit which is how mass transit needs to be supported.
Gee, what a concept.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2018, 08:13:12 PM »

If you can ultimately undercut instate flights along the major routes, you have your passenger base and the beginnings of your ROI. Combine that with a piece of the parcel shipping business, and you take a bite out of road traffic before drawing a single passenger or driver.

Your best bet Tony is to turn OC blue. You have 3 months. Get on it bro.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2018, 08:23:10 PM »

Based on his stances on labor you can only hire Bret Kavanaugh under the table, making him sadly ineligible for a seat on the Supreme Court.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2018, 08:25:21 PM »

I dare ya'all to toss Kavanagh aside

Wouldnt be prudent, as Poppi Bush would say

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »

Reap what you sow:

https://twitter.com/EvanDonovan/status/1024402494955417600

And I bet every one of those people felt personally aggrieved when Sarah Huckabee Sanders was politely asked to leave a restaurant.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2018, 10:48:02 PM »

To begin with, 80 percent of the children who have crossed over since 2014 are not with parents but are unaccompanied. Only 20 percent come with parents.

LOL. How do these dimwits think this statistic disproves the Trump Administration policy of separating children from parents legally requesting refugee status, and their failure to fully comply with court ordered reunification?

Why do you think they are saying it does?

The title of the piece of garbage you linked to, for a start; "Government data shows the entire "family separation" crisis was built of lies."

And then how it uses that very statistic and others to argue that "the illegals are self-separating from their kids" before shifting to argue that the kids who are left here after being separated will become future gang members.

Illuminating stuff kidcarter8.  Reposting it (twice) saying far more about your deplorable views than shedding any light on the family separation issue.

They lay out the numbers fairly clearly.  Leaves plenty of room for parents separated from their children and having legit angst about it.  Just doesnt describe as high a percentage of the cases as the left would have you believe

"The left" made no claims about percentages from 2014-2016. You can look at the numbers that Trump claimed merited his actions. And the percentages.

Or not.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2018, 10:53:53 PM »

Hello, good to be back.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2018, 11:05:33 PM »

People in Californa have never shown any particular inclination to get out of their cars. High-speed rail seems an expensive gamble.

BOONDOGGLE!!!!!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2018, 11:09:27 PM »

I dare ya'all to toss Kavanagh aside

Wouldnt be prudent, as Poppi Bush would say

He can be bribed. With Nats tickets. Loser.

Next!

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2018, 11:14:58 PM »

Hello Itz ME!

China in South America.]https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/28/world/americas/china-latin-america.html]China in South America.

Obviously this is not a Trump administration based base. The Chinese have been working with certain expectations for years.

But it does illustrate the idea that the US not building trade zones up and down the hemisphere is perhaps the tipping point for the end of the American Influence Era.

Stupid.

(Oh, wait So Josh isn't evvie anymore but is the mod with mod type powers now?)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 4288