Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583572 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2018, 12:20:06 PM »

In other news it seems the Boy King is on the twitter machine again ranting for the 'Bama munchkin AG to end the rigged witch hunt.

Trump’s way of saying he’s tired of pretending to be president and is ready for someone to come along and arrest him now. He’s hoping for a cell mate who uses him roughly like Roy Cohn used to.

I don't know Fac, I'm not sure if he's tired of being president, he likes the parades, dress-up parties and Air Force One part, and making millions pimping out his hotels and golf courses, but he's tired of following the generally accepted rules of being President, and God knows he sucks at the job of "preserve protect and defend" 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 12:22:39 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2018, 12:21:20 PM »

Re:  "gun groups logic"

- and of course you will attach this to an entire nation of Trump supporters, Republicans.....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2018, 12:46:04 PM »

Regardless - they paint a picture that every border case is a lost kid situation. 

No, they didn't. They painted the picture that over 3,000 kids were unwillingly separated from their parents, which is number provided them by the administration.

Do you expect the border patrol to decide case by case which parent/kid combinations get to enter and stay, no questions asked?  To let everyone in?  What, exactly?

They could, I don't know, do what they did before the Trump Administration instituted a zero tolerance policy this spring that they knew full well would result in kids being taken from their parents.  But for Trump the cruelty is the point.  They saw the separation policy as a deterrent. 

That you would argue that they had no choice makes clear that you either aren't following the story, or that you have no interest in discussing this in good faith.

Children were put in foster care under the Obama administration after parents were deported.  And others, like now, were able to be placed with relatives in the US.

We are trying to LOWER the entries at the border.  Please - make a better effort in understanding this.

The "3000" are the unfortunate who have been temporarily caught up in the changing system.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2018, 12:48:10 PM »

- and of course you will attach this to an entire nation of Trump supporters, Republicans.....

Where are you at on home brewed automatic rifles?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2018, 12:58:09 PM »

Warren

Biden

Booker

Cuomo

Murphy

Winfrey

Bllomberg

McCauliffe

Harris

Sanders

Clinton

2020 - who else you got?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2018, 01:24:36 PM »

Same as I am with homemade bombs.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2018, 01:30:14 PM »

Home made bombs are a favorite tool among many of trump’s fringy supporters. Are you in support of the right to make homemade bombs?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2018, 01:59:55 PM »

Regardless - they paint a picture that every border case is a lost kid situation. 

No, they didn't. They painted the picture that over 3,000 kids were unwillingly separated from their parents, which is number provided them by the administration.

Do you expect the border patrol to decide case by case which parent/kid combinations get to enter and stay, no questions asked?  To let everyone in?  What, exactly?

They could, I don't know, do what they did before the Trump Administration instituted a zero tolerance policy this spring that they knew full well would result in kids being taken from their parents.  But for Trump the cruelty is the point.  They saw the separation policy as a deterrent. 

That you would argue that they had no choice makes clear that you either aren't following the story, or that you have no interest in discussing this in good faith.

Children were put in foster care under the Obama administration after parents were deported.  And others, like now, were able to be placed with relatives in the US.
Except with the deportation there is notice and time to arrange matters before the current were placed, usually with families. Forcible separation and immediate detaining in what are in all but name prison camps is a different matter.

We are trying to LOWER the entries at the border.  Please - make a better effort in understanding this.
The deliberate infliction of cruelty is the issue. The means matters, regardless of the end. If you favor permanent loss of a child as punishment for seeking asylum, admit it and take the heat. Or find another policy that meets your end.

The "3000" are the unfortunate who have been temporarily caught up in the changing system.
They were not "caught up." They were targets and examples for the enforcement of the policy.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2018, 02:17:09 PM »

Home made bombs are a favorite tool among many of trump’s fringy supporters. Are you in support of the right to make homemade bombs?

I support what is legal.

I think they frown upon even the making of an explosive device.

barton

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2018, 02:41:31 PM »

Where did you get that,  from what I posted?   Many GOP are opposed to the extreme position.  Ghost guns are already illegal,  a policy with strong bipartisan support.   In an age with 3D printers,  banning the dissemination of blueprints for them is common sense enforcement. 

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2018, 03:23:20 PM »

You need an ID card to buy milk now?
No, but if you are an idiot and  have no filter between whatever thought passes into your brain and your mouth, and have probably never set foot in a grocery store your entire adult life, you might SAY an ID is required to buy groceries.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

barton

« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2018, 04:11:20 PM »

I am clearly missing some context for this anecdote.   Are you self-identifying as an idiot grocery virgin who lacks a filter,  or was your anecdotal reply in response to an earlier post from said idiot, and of a satiric nature?   Or,  more alarming,  did you experience some kind of trauma that erased all grocery protocols from your mind? 

OK,  guess you mean Trump.  I sometimes forget what forum I'm in.   
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:24:20 PM by Bart »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2018, 04:13:35 PM »

I am clearly missing some context for this anecdote.   Are you self-identifying as an idiot grocery virgin who lacks a filter,  or was your anecdotal reply in response to an earlier post from said idiot, and of a satiric nature?   Or,  more alarming,  did you experience some kind of trauma that erased all grocery protocols from your mind?   Or did you just mean you forgot your wallet and realized you would have to drive very carefully on your return trip?

Trump said you need an ID to buy groceries.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/01/politics/trump-grocery-shopping-id/index.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2018, 04:19:46 PM »

Yeah, man - hate those fuckers that never have to buy groceries.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:26:06 PM by kiidcarter8 »

barton

« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2018, 04:28:12 PM »

I am clearly missing some context for this anecdote.   Are you self-identifying as an idiot grocery virgin who lacks a filter,  or was your anecdotal reply in response to an earlier post from said idiot, and of a satiric nature?   Or,  more alarming,  did you experience some kind of trauma that erased all grocery protocols from your mind?   Or did you just mean you forgot your wallet and realized you would have to drive very carefully on your return trip?

Trump said you need an ID to buy groceries.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/01/politics/trump-grocery-shopping-id/index.html

Thanks.   I went back and modified my post,  and then saw yours.   

Wow.   
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 4288