Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584606 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2018, 07:13:16 PM »

Did you ever stop and think (a novel concept for you I understand) that if we wanted to read Trump's twitter ramblings we'd go to Trump's twitter page?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2018, 07:45:44 PM »

Government of the Republicans, by the Republicans, and for the Republicans:
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/8/3/1785642/-National-Archives-tells-Senate-Democrats-only-Republicans-can-request-Kavanaugh-s-Bush-era-records

But this is only the 2nd most absurd thing out of the Trump administration today.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2018, 07:53:13 PM »

Any doubt that the poor white vote is what cost HRC the election?

Yes, Luee. Plenty of doubt.

While it is very clear from both exit polling and looking at county-level maps that "poor white vote" - or more to the point, those without a college education - voted for Trump aplenty, it is equally clear that (a) without the Comey letter, Clinton would have won; (b) without the single-minded focus of the media on that letter, Clinton would have won; (c) without the Russians' efforts, Clinton would have won; (d) without the sexist belief on the part of Republicans (59%), Independents (37%), and Democrats (11%) that they do not want to see a woman be president, Clinton would have won. It's even possible that Clinton's campaigning in those areas of 3 states, she might have won.

It was not one thing. It took all of them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2018, 07:55:22 PM »

Today's winner in the "How absurd can we be?" contest among Trump administration dicta:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/03/politics/trump-administration-aclu-deported-parents/index.html

It is good to hear that the judge slammed the Trump administration's position that the ACLU, et al, should be responsible for finding the deported parents of the stranded, kidnapped kids.

oilcan

« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2018, 08:11:14 PM »

The administration has maintained that any parents deported without their children willingly left without them. Attorneys and immigrant advocates, however, have questioned whether the parents fully understood what they were agreeing to.   
-- from the article

Attorneys, immigrants advocates.... and persons who have ever been parents.

More bullshit from the Trump minions.   

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2018, 02:26:59 AM »

While it is very clear from both exit polling and looking at county-level maps that "poor white vote" - or more to the point, those without a college education - voted for Trump aplenty,
    I’m guessing that deep down inside Trump views even his precious ‘base’ with a certain amount of contempt. How else does a con man view his ‘marks’? As suckers, of course. He knows that he sold them a bottle of snake oil, and he probably thinks that they are fools for having bought his pig in a poke. I’m also thinking that this is part of the reason that he despises Obama so much. He knows that millions of Obama fans truly do admire Obama, and that probably chaffes his ass because he knows that if his fans ever discover that he bamboozled them they would turn on him en masse in a New York minute.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 02:29:51 AM by Driver125 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2018, 04:08:39 AM »

The path to saving this country is speeding up the process by which they turn exponentially
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2018, 01:15:11 PM »

https://apnews.com/06efed5ede4d461fb2eac5b2c89e3c11/Election-crackdown-runs-into-speed-tweeting-human-'bots'

This grandma wants to keep the gullibles swigging snake oil.   Good God,  14 hours a day.   She might as well be a bot.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2018, 02:02:56 PM »

Someone has to keep the knowledge of how the NRA has done the bidding of our foreign enemy for the chance to launder the proceeds of crime and terror for nearly a decade as the evidence in the forms of photos, footage, finances, corporate actions, and bodily fluids (thanks Maria!) pile up.

Neal Stevenson prefigured that grandma and her Kid-like, Bambu-like compulsions in his novel, Snow Crash.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2018, 02:54:28 PM »

Hey Josh

Got a dumspter fire here

I'd include this forum in the slimdown.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:59:47 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2018, 03:14:53 PM »

Nothing requires you to post here on this thread.  We'll miss your insight, but we'll do our best to get by.   
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2018, 04:00:10 PM »

2 sentences?  Wow - really stepping out  :)

You are obviously here to be informed, not participate.  So I will keep informing you.

Here's one:

https://twitter.com/GOPPollAnalyst/status/1025814730127093760
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:02:08 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2018, 04:10:03 PM »

I haven't read any of your Twitter links. It's precious that you think I do.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:31:17 PM by Yankguy1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2018, 04:32:35 PM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1025833273191264256

I forward all of these to Bob Mueller for his massive obstruction file and to the CDC so they can follow the transmission vectors.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 4288