Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584484 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2018, 05:00:20 PM »

https://twitter.com/KarlTowns/status/1025612352769671168

Guess KAT didnt have civics class (or wasnt required to attend) in high school.

Shall we investigate how many credit hours he earned at KY?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2018, 05:10:13 PM »

Did you learn apostrophes during your "school" years?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2018, 05:14:36 PM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1025833273191264256

I forward all of these to Bob Mueller for his massive obstruction file and to the CDC so they can follow the transmission vectors.

I like Mueller

His work just about through, one has to wonder what his future holds.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2018, 05:17:19 PM »

Hey Josh

Got a dumspter fire here

I'd include this forum in the slimdown.

If you would like, Kid, if I gain the ability I can make sure you cease having problems with what is posted in it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2018, 05:27:41 PM »

I forward all of these to Bob Mueller for his massive obstruction file and to the CDC so they can follow the transmission vectors.

I like Mueller

GOP nominee in 2020, if there is a GOP in 2020.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2018, 05:59:14 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/04/freedom-caucus-brat-perry-conservatives-election-midterm-danger-761955

Walking the middle of the American road means first paving it over the grave of the republican party and it’s repulsive exterior organs like the NRA. More voters are starting to understand this. Trump helps spread this knowledge through his daily shambolic idiocy. His minions do everything in their powers to reinforce this message. They are so proud of how much they suck at what they do.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2018, 06:05:03 PM »

Warren

Biden

Booker

Cuomo

Murphy

Winfrey

Bllomberg (sic)

McCauliffe

Harris

Sanders

Clinton

Who else?

September 2017 from WaPo
15. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg

14. Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti

13. Sen. Tim Kaine (Va.)

12. Former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick

11. Oprah Winfrey/Mark Cuban/Howard Schultz/Bob Iger/Sheryl Sandberg

10. Sen. Sherrod Brown (Ohio)

9. New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo

8. Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.)

7. Sen. Kamala D. Harris (Calif.)

6. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.)

5. California Gov. Jerry Brown

4. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.)

3. Sen. Chris Murphy (Conn.)

2. Former vice president Joe Biden

1. Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.)

March 2018 WaPo (with prior ranks - bold = last list, italics = group in last list)
"Worth watching: Former HUD secretary Julián Castro, California Gov. Jerry Brown, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, Sen. Jeff Merkley (Ore.), former Starbucks chief executive Howard Schultz, Rep. Luis V. Gutiérrez (Ill.)"

15. Montana Gov. Steve Bullock (Previous ranking: N/A)

14. Oprah Winfrey (Previous ranking: 11)

13. New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu (Previous: N/A)

12. Former U.S. attorney general Eric Holder (Previous: N/A)

11. New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (Previous: 10)

10. Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown (Previous: 9)

9. Former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick (Previous: 12)

8. Former Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe (Previous: 14)

7. Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy (Previous: 7)

6. New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (Previous: 4)

5. New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker (Previous: 6)

4. California Sen. Kamala D. Harris (Previous: 5)

3. Former vice president Joe Biden (Previous: 2)

2. Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Previous: 3)

1. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (Previous: 1)

July 2018 (with prior ranks - bold = Sept list, italics = Sept group on list, red = March list, blue = March "worth watching)

"Worth watching: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, former HUD secretary Julián Castro, California Gov. Jerry Brown, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, Sen. Jeff Merkley (Ore.), former Starbucks executive chairman Howard Schultz, Rep. Luis V. Gutiérrez (Ill.), New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee"

15. Oprah Winfrey: Oprah stays on this list because she’s Oprah and has clearly shown some interest. But she continues to suggest she won’t do it. “In that political structure — all the non-truths, the bulls---, the crap, the nastiness, the backhanded backroom stuff that goes on — I feel like I could not exist,” Winfrey told British Vogue this week. “I would not be able to do it. It’s not a clean business. It would kill me.” (Previous ranking: 14, shared 11 in Sept 2017)

14. New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu: Landrieu is among the 2020 contenders with whom former president Barack Obama has spoken about the future of the party. He remains perhaps the most legitimate dark horse here. (Previous ranking: 13)

13. Sen. Sherrod Brown (Ohio): Despite being targeted by the GOP for defeat in his reelection campaign this year, he looks comfortable. He leads Rep. James B. Renacci (R) by double digits in all recent polls. As for 2020 signs? Apparently they have to wait. (Previous ranking: 10)

12. New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo: The most recent Siena College poll has Cuomo actually widening his primary lead over former “Sex and the City” star Cynthia Nixon; he led by 35 points. The primary is Sept. 13, and Cuomo’s performance could either kill or fuel his 2020 ambitions. (Previous ranking: 11)

11. Sen. Chris Murphy (Conn.): Murphy has said he won’t run, but the New York Times reported recently that he’s among those keeping tabs on much-sought-after New York donors. (Previous ranking: 7)

10. Former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg: Here we go again. The man who has threatened to run before as an independent is now reportedly considering running as a Democrat. And he’s putting $80 million behind Democratic candidates in 2018. This is my skeptical face — not only have we been down this road before, but Bloomberg is also among the oldest names on a list of already-quite-old candidates — he's 76 now. His money would, of course, instantly make him a contender. (Previous ranking: N/A, #15 in Sept. 2017)

9. Former U.S. attorney general Eric H. Holder Jr.: A surprise entry on this list last time around, Holder traveled to New Hampshire recently and had this to say about challenging Trump: “Two guys from Queens. That would be interesting. New Yorkers know how to talk to other New Yorkers.” Hmmm. (Previous ranking: 12)

8. Former Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe: McAuliffe may be undertaking the most important 2018 job on this list: Trying to elect Democratic governors. Given the party’s deficit in many key states, winning governor’s races is vital to preventing another GOP-controlled round of redistricting that could put Democrats on their heels for another decade. That said, it’s not exactly high-profile work. (Previous ranking: 8)

7. Former Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick: News about Patrick running keeps coming from people who seem to badly want him to run — rather than the prospective candidate himself. But he is hitting the campaign trail for Democrats and promising a decision by the end of the year. Patrick has been so quiet that people forget he’s there, but he’d instantly have a base of institutional support from Obama types. (Previous ranking: 9)

6. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (N.Y.): Gillibrand remains one of the most likely candidates on this list, but her relationship with the Clintons is a big and potentially harmful subplot. Bill Clinton recently hit back after Gillibrand said, in retrospect, that he should’ve resigned the presidency in the late 1990s. “You have to — really ignore what the context was,” Clinton told CBS News. “But, you know, she’s living in a different context. And she did it for different reasons.” (Previous ranking: 6)

5. Sen. Cory Booker (N.J.): Booker recently offered some of his most extensive comments to date about 2020. The summation: He’s focused on reelecting Democrats in 2018 — and his travel schedule bears that out — and then he’ll see what happens. (Previous ranking: 5)

4. Former vice president Joe Biden: Polling this far out should be taken with a huge grain of salt if not outright ignored. But I suppose it’s worth something that Biden had the most people say they were open to voting for him in a new Vox Populi poll. That’s partially because of name ID, sure, but he was better off than Sen. Bernie Sanders and even others who were as well-known as he is. (Previous ranking: 3)

3. Sen. Kamala D. Harris (Calif.): Harris recently told MSNBC’s Kasie Hunt that she’s “not ruling out” a 2020 presidential run. But her actions may speak louder than her words. She was the first lawmaker to call for Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen to resign over the Trump administration’s family-separation policy. She has also somewhat recently written off accepting money from corporate PACs. (Previous ranking: 4)

2. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.): She continues to set the progressive tone, including being a leading early voice for the abolition of ICE. And some key Clinton backers sound intrigued by her. (Previous ranking: 2)

1. Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.): Sanders for some reason keeps insisting he won’t become a Democrat. He announced recently that he’ll seek the Democratic nomination in his 2018 reelection campaign, but also that if (and when) he wins the nomination, he’ll turn it down. Given his clear interest in seeking the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020, it seems an unnecessary bit of partisan hairsplitting. (Previous ranking: 1)

I really hope that Bernie and Joe don't run.

I am very convinced that Oprah, Hillary, and Elizabeth are not running.

I doubt that Patrick is running and similarly doubt that Bloomberg is running. That only leaves 9 of the recent group of 15, with five of them on your list.

Hickenlooper seems the likeliest to me to run of the "worth watching" names. I don't know Howard Schultz well enough to even form an opinion.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2018, 06:06:27 PM »

I like Mueller

I think a younger guy would do better

Not all older dudes have Trump's energy.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »

I like Mueller

I think a younger guy would do better

Not all older dudes have Trump's energy.

You are funny, sometimes, even if it is unintentional.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/05/22/trump-stamina-skips-event-slips-up-exhausted-abroad/22104047/

Nor is that the only such example.

Of course, he might be exhausted from all the time he takes away from the job.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2018, 06:10:13 PM »

On the issue of Puerto Rico...

Puerto Rico needs to focus on tourism, they need to make it nice for the tourists, they can make money that way. In Orange County, California, tourism creates over one hundred and sixty thousand jobs, alone.

And as Puerto Rico rebuilds they need to go GREEN, with solar, wind, etc, and each area needs to own its own electric company, and some of the money from the electric bills can go into a general fund, and some of the money from the general fund can go towards improving each area, and it can go towards helping the homeless, etc.

Also, Puerto Rico needs to become a state of the USA, they need equal statehood, like Hawaii.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2018, 06:12:12 PM »

Questioning the President's energy is a low point for even you.

It's Ms Clinton that was fainting during the 2016 election season.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2018, 06:28:15 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/04/politics/steven-seagal-russia-special-representative/index.html

I hadn't noticed that noted secret agent Seagal had defected in 2016.

barton

« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2018, 06:43:20 PM »

Questioning the President's energy is a low point for even you.

It's Ms Clinton that was fainting during the 2016 election season.

Don't have the archive now but weren't you one of the posters pointing out Hillary's stumble?   

Let's focus on policy issues and the POTUS's ethical conduct and job competence.  If that's what you're inviting us to do,  then I agree.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2018, 07:02:54 PM »

Treason’s frontman’s declining health and focus are by far his two best features.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2018, 07:45:52 PM »

LeBron and Trump

Wanna dish it out?
...get ready to duck when it comes flying back.

Wanna buy a ticket to ride the 'politics' express?
The ride can be bumpy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 4288