Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584049 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2018, 03:02:12 PM »

"I think you are fuckin lying", might not have been a good way to approach the president.

It’s the only way to approach him. A lot more people should have been doing it a lot more a lot sooner. Now we are all making up for lost time.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2018, 03:07:08 PM »

"I think you are fuckin lying", might not have been a good way to approach the president.

perhaps a more conciliatory, non-threatening approach, such as, "Mr President are you capable of telling the truth?"

But as the conclusion seems to be no he can't, he's a pathological liar, and the decision to keep him from Mueller and giving sworn testimony has been made.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2018, 03:30:11 PM »

You seem perfectly happy to support a president to whom his lawyer might be compeled to say that.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2018, 03:31:03 PM »

It’s the only way to approach him. A lot more people should have been doing it a lot more a lot sooner. Now we are all making up for lost time.

No.  Nobody in Sekulow's position has - or would - whether it be Obama, Trump or the future President James.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2018, 03:31:42 PM »

You seem perfectly happy to support a president to whom his lawyer might be compeled to say that.

Support how?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 05, 2018, 03:43:51 PM »

No.  Nobody in Sekulow's position has - or would - whether it be Obama, Trump or the future President James.

Lawyers of prominent individuals have been calling out their clients' lies for a long time. That includes presidents - Nixon and Clinton among them.

But you don't care and we know it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 05, 2018, 03:45:45 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/05/opinions/trump-lebron-pattern-opinion-obeidallah/index.html

Donald Trump seeks to prove that he is a racist, despite resistance from people like Kiid and RSW and Bamboozled.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 05, 2018, 03:50:35 PM »

Trump’s lawyers’ ethical duty is to walk away from trump until a public defender is appointed by the court. That lawyer, as the last recourse except self-representation, can get as salty as necessary with the client and even expose him to a few hard truths and interesting quirks of our legal system in the service of his defense.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 05, 2018, 03:51:44 PM »

Elitist positions;

Open borders, screw the unions and working poor and those that went through the process legally.

Open enrollment and free education. Everybody deserves it.

Screw the vets. Not needed, everyone loves us.

No dirty coal mines or oil wells. Think of the beautiful landscapes ruined and bears and reindeer who have to listen and see the man made monstrosities. We can by cheap oil from our Saudi friends.

What makes it elitist?

If you wanted to claim it's Neo-liberal, I could understand it.

But what does elitism have to do with anything beyond disdain for the racists, misogynists, xenophobes, etc? (And even that I would argue has nothing to do with elitism, but it is closer as it claims superiority to them.)

More of a disdain for the values and lifestyles of anyone who is not an ivy lawyer. Particularly blue collar workers. You just cannot go to W. Virginia and tell voters you want to do away with coal mines.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2018, 04:17:52 PM »

Elitist positions;

Open borders, screw the unions and working poor and those that went through the process legally.

No dirty coal mines or oil wells. Think of the beautiful landscapes ruined and bears and reindeer who have to listen and see the man made monstrosities. We can by cheap oil from our Saudi friends.

What makes it elitist?

But what does elitism have to do with anything beyond disdain for the racists, misogynists, xenophobes, etc? (And even that I would argue has nothing to do with elitism, but it is closer as it claims superiority to them.)

More of a disdain for the values and lifestyles of anyone who is not an ivy lawyer. Particularly blue collar workers. You just cannot go to W. Virginia and tell voters you want to do away with coal mines.

It was a dumb line.

But it is still true and has nothing to do with elitism, Luee.

Nothing.

Your opinions not withstanding, Clinton's demonstrated more caring and understanding of the poor and working poor than you seem to be able to acknowledge - more than Bernie, to be sure. But her comment there was, according to her, her biggest regret of the campaign.

"I'm the only candidate which has a policy about how to bring economic opportunity using clean renewable energy as the key into coal country," she said . "Because we're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business."

She quickly added that she wanted to help coal miners and other workers who gave their health and sometimes their lives to produce the nation's energy.

"And we're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people," she added. "Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories."

Your disdain for Elizabeth Warren is even more misplaced.

You come across as a faux-progressive who has swallowed the talking points against HRC without really understanding them or where they came from.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »

Elitist positions;

What makes it elitist?

Better to wait till the robotic mines get cranked up and there are no people left in West Virginia or any of the neighboring states? That seems like a slow and terrible kind of terrorism to inflict on a whole region and culture integral to America since before America’s inception. It seems odd to want to do now to Appalachia what Appalachia did to its native population in the process of becoming what it is today. It seems an odd way to navigate, unless the best path is to lie to voters or groups of voters about coal’s bright future for the region, get elected, then pour resources into productive avenues far more attractive than coal. Is that Tulsi’s Plan?

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2018, 04:37:33 PM »

Domestic coal mining is getting hit with hydrogen bombs that detonate over decades, a nice present for your children and grandchildren.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 05, 2018, 05:11:58 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/05/opinions/trump-lebron-pattern-opinion-obeidallah/index.html

Donald Trump seeks to prove that he is a racist, despite resistance from people like Kiid and RSW and Bamboozled.

You are allowing yourself to be led by the nose

That it is CNN doing the leading is even more embarrassing for you

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 05, 2018, 05:33:09 PM »

This might be the funniest thing Kid has ever posted here. Great work!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 4288